It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ogopogo what is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Just read and saw (picture below) the article on Ogopogo from FRONTIERS OF ZOOLOGY.
I had all but forgotten about Ogopogo. If anyone here has any recent sightings or info why
not post it. I will post anything new or interesting (updates etc..) that I find. I just saw this
article from Thursday, 26 December 2013. here frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com...

Also, if you go to that link there's a film (of something in the lake) Just putting this out there.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The big lakes are crawling with beasties.

I use to snorkel and look around in the murky waters, wondering what nasty creature might appear from the depths.

There are stories of lake serpents for all the Great Lakes, enough to give you the heebee-geebees.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I've never even heard of an Ogopogo, so you've given me something to look into here.

Maybe our 'Nessie' has relocated.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

MissBeck

I've never even heard of an Ogopogo, so you've given me something to look into here.

Maybe our 'Nessie' has relocated.

Some folks think they are indeed related

Yep, not to long ago Ogopogo was in the news quite often.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yes, I was just looking at various photos and images, and there is an uncanny resemblance.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

I know right. Just enough info to make one go Hmmmmm..

I think I'll go look at some pictures too. (Been watching the stocks)

edit on 27-12-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This has a good history. Also some pictures.

September 16, 1926, Ogopogo was watched by some 30 cars of people along an Okanagan Mission beach. Not many monsters have been seen at one time by so many people. The Ogopogo sightings of 1925/26 deserve some in-depth study.

More here >>>lakemonstersoftheworld.blogspot.com...

Probably also there is a "Monster quest", show on this on You-Tube..I bet!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Wow. That is one 'wall of words' on that site. Will tackle that one later! Plenty of pictures though.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yeah, I know ! I thought ..wow that dude must be on his third espresso!!

SO I just slimmed it real fast and posted that quote..(which seemed pretty good for the Hmmmm factor)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Did you see the article on that site/blog about the 'baby Nessie' they did an autopsy on?

lakemonstersoftheworld.blogspot.co.uk...

Definitely going to look into what happened with that ans what the results were, if it's at all true.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I did now! What stood out for me is "Doc Weitzel’s Traveling Curiosity Show". lol! But, I'll look into it more too.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lots of clips and video's on Ogopoo. Most show the same stuff though from looking at a few. This one at least has good
music.

is the ogopogo monster real?

Uploaded on Jan 25, 2012

do you think the ogopogo monster is real. i have gatered photos to let you decide.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ogopogo has been around for some years and known to the present First Nations, having been born and raised in the area I feel I can have a little input into this, rattlesnake island is the "suppose" home to the creature. It is a good dive spot and has a fair amount of smaller caves but is very silty and murky, having dove the area is it possible something could dwell in the caves ? of course.

There is also many other areas in the North end of the lake toward Vernon that can offer the same, bottom line is I personally have never seen anything odd. Have logged many hours in that lake from OW to DM, lol the Federal Research station just after Summerland and directly across from the lake has been known to have some "odd" things crossing the road. Someone once described to me "something" at night crossing the highway as allways on all fours, and but could not be a dog.

I'll stick with a dog ! seems more feasible to explain.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I’m from the Okanagan, and my belief is its an serpent guardian for their underground/underwater bases. Thats what I believe now. In other words, ET related. This serpent is a kind of dragon in a sense.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've swam in this lake and can't see I've seen ogopogo.
It's a fairly busy lake in the summer.

Beautiful place, the okanagan. I want to move back there some day.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Unity_99
I’m from the Okanagan, and my belief is its an serpent guardian for their underground/underwater bases. Thats what I believe now. In other words, ET related. This serpent is a kind of dragon in a sense.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

One thing for sure, it did not resemble what I had been lead to believe. That it was long and something like a serpent became very obvious to me at such close range as I saw it.

"In the Sunny Okanagan where the big red apples grow,
living in the Okanagan, lake so fair,
is the famous Ogopogo, and one thing I'd like to know,
is he the only Ogopogo there?
I wonder if the Ogopogo is lonesome, wonder if he is feeling sad or blue.
I wonder if he wishes for and Ogopogo Mrs. and lots of little Ogopogos too.
I bet he is just a sad old Ogopogo with no one to sing his love songs too.
Though he has my sympathy, I am sure you will all agree,
W'd rather see him lonesome than see two.

One day the Ogopogo took a stroll along the shore.
Left his footprints in the sand so they say.
Maybe he was looking for an Ogopogo sweet heart,
but still he is all alone at play.
I wonder if the Ogopogo is lonesome, wonder if he is feeling sad or blue.
I wonder if he wishes for and Ogopogo Mrs. and lots of little Ogopogos too.
I bet he is just a sad old Ogopogo with no one to sing his love songs too.
Though he has my sympathy, I am sure you will all agree,
W'd rather see him lonesome than see two."

Here are a whole bunch of reports. With Pics/drawings
Unpublished Stories of Ogopogo

sunnyokanagan.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There is quite the amount of eyewitnesses and photos so I think that there is something thre, though I,m not sure what. The theory I hear is that it is is some kind of prehistoric whale (or ancestor to one) as opposed to some prehistoric reptile.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I thought it was described as being like a type of long-necked dinosaur with four legs, because it does come out of the water and has been seen on land. But in other ways it seems similar to nessie sightings; though some of those have been of a dino crossing a road or walking on the lake edge too.

It makes me wonder whether the sporadic bunches of sightings of these types of animal with 10-20 years of nothing between, is to do with their breeding cycle? Like whether they go out to sea for a long period to breed, or grow, etc,. then return to their lake for a while? Perhaps we only see the young one in a lake before it goes back to the sea? Think of the strange life cycle of eels and perhaps aquatic dinos do something similar??

new topics

top topics

join