It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brenda Schmitz's Christmas Wish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just saw a video that emotionally drained me as well as filled my spirit.

The following video is about the last wishes of a Terminally ill mother of a large and happy family. She was the wife of this man in this video. The letter was given to an anonymous friend of this woman to be kept in safekeeping until certain circumstances were met. Brenda Schmitz asked for it to be mailed to a radio show when her husband had someone else in his life. When the children had a new mother to love them and raise them.

Well,
it is really hard to watch the letter read to a still grieving and very loving husband without being touched yourself in your heart and soul. Her story brings tears of all types to the eyes. This video is about the most loving last wishes of an absolutely incredible being 2 years after her death to cancer. While I watched it I felt waves of bitter joys in thinking of my own dead, all dead. Those we all mourn. Those which we celebrate.

It is a Celebration of life.

This story is one about the Celebration of life. In honesty it is even about our own mortality. This story takes the listener into a humbling yet poignant truth of mortality.

Brenda Schmitz was a great person. She did something very great and so very beautiful for her loved ones and a complete stranger. A final act of incredible good being exercised in a less than perfect world that never dies or fades. The gesture is only great by the sentiment behind it. Hers was beautiful.

I dont even know what else to say. It is so many things...

edit on 12 27 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I saw this on FB a couple of days ago and sat at my computer, stared at the screen and wept for this woman, her children, and her family. I also wept because I am not sure if I could ever be that "Big" of a person. I would like to think I would be... but deep down I have doubts (if I am honest with myself).

The heart of this woman was so huge and giving that it blows my mind. Her husband was a blessed man to have her, as were her children IMHO.

She gave the best gift that anybody could possibly give the family that they are forced into leaving behind. She left them A GUILT FREE life. The children will never have to feel guilty for loving another mother figure and the husband will never have to feel guilty that he is somehow being unfaithful to his wife's memory.

It was truly the best Christmas gift she could give her family and those who cared for her in her last days.

I am in awe of this woman. Truly.
edit on 12/27/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Been already posted, and was uplifting made me think of a marine I lost on patrol in ramadi Iraq almost 7 years ago
edit on 27-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I watched this on tv earlier today.
It brought tears to my eyes.

Brenda was a very loving selfless person to do this for her family.
The part where she wanted another wish for the stepmother to be pampered was incredible.
I can't imagine how difficult it would be to know you will die and not raise your own children and see them grow up. My mother died unexpectedly when I was 9, my brother was only 4. I'm sure she would have wanted us to have a new mother , which we did have eventually.

Had I been in this situation and known I was going to pass on while my children were still young. I would absolutely have wanted their father to find a good mother for them. Would I have wrote this letter ? No I wouldn't to be honest. I think we just discussed it briefly to each other ' if anything happens ...'

new topics

top topics

join