It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to be the "ignorant" that believed all of MSM. You guys have converted me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hello.

I've somehow (thankfully) ended up on ATS last week and have been lurking since.....now idk what to believe in anymore.

I was that guy that didn't give MSM (ha i learned an ats acronym) news a second thought. I was that guy that believed everything he was told. I was that guy that was, well ignorant.

You guys have opened my eyes, my mind, and my brain. I've been going through every single high flagged thread, even from more than 3 years ago.

My brain hurts. No no, not like as an expression. I mean it quite literally. My brain literally hurts...but I love it.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

p.s. i LOVE THE ATS SMILEY FACES!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

Welcome!

Your not stupid (or whatever you called yourself) for trusting the MSM. They "should" be trustworthy. We have all been there - or many of us at least.

Looking forward to your posts in the future.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

Be careful not to swing to the complete opposite in rejecting everything MSM, and embracing everything Fringe.

Track down sources, verify them, and do fact checks.

Claims like "Scientists have discovered ... ", "Politicians want to take away ...", need be cross checked.
Which Scientists? What's their names? Who hired them? What Politicians? What's their names? Can a source be found showing them saying what's claimed as opposed to someone making claim they've said something or done something that can't be corroborated?

Nothing worth having should be expected to come easy.
Don't believe the Hype; whether it's MSM or Fringe.

The fringe will try to tell you what to think just as much as MSM will.
Do your own thinking.

edit on 12/27/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Hello

A pretty good place to find a whole bunch of source's drudgereport.com... that' could
save you time.

Have fun. Oh, and I know about "my brain hurt's"
just go slow and easy. Have fun and don't get to serious.

Then your brain will calm down. Maybe

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Wow, just wow. I will have more to say tomorrow!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Hi CleanCare, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Welcome. My advise to you is take this place with the same grain of salt as the MSM (and no, that isn't an ATS acronym but one that has grown on the community to describe the "mainstream").

Enjoy your time here, have an open mind and most of all, allow the free exchange of ideas flow. We are not robots and compartmentalizing anyone into a tidy box doesn't serve anyone save yourself (even those you think are still in the ignorant MSM vortex.)

Enjoy, converse, share and get ready for a ride of your life. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The hard part is not to discover you were wrong all along, nope. Now that you're enlightened it's a daily work to struggle against the msn fairy tales, everyday allday and believe me it's hard work, humans have a tendency to forget or be lazy (me included) so be careful with that

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
My dad hated the media so much that he got rid of our TV when I was 6 years old and didn't get another one till I was in my senior year of high school. I used to think that he was crazy...now I know he was crazy like a fox. I remember him shaking his head and wondering how people can pay to be lied to and brainwashed by the crap they try to spoon feed us every day. I am not as hard core as he was but I followed his example and also do not have cable. My kids couldn't care less who the biggest "loser" is, or who Kim Kardashian is currently spreading her legs for.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Now the fun really starts, you are going to start thinking man ignorance was bliss..here is more MSM scripted nonsense.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Good Evening. I would like to welcome you to ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Welcome...
What led you here and why have you changed your mind so quickly from such a traditional conformist to believe in the tinfoil hat brigade?
For me i had a few personal experiences that told me flat out TPTB are full of magic and broken biscuits and the MSM is their voice.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by southbeach

i stumbled upon illuminati, so i did more research on the subject which actually led me to other theories and info. that made me look up a lot of other stuff and now I'm here haha

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Hello Sauron, thanks for the info!

I did run into a problem tho..

I accidently clicked on the (-) button on one of the threads, and now the whole forum is gone from recent posts

is there any way i can undo this? thanks

new topics

top topics

join