It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant powers. Super powers. Would you? What would you have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Did somebody order the Fugu?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i would like to be rich, that seems to be the power of the real homo superior

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It might get crowded here, so a baseline must be established.

You are granted only 3 superpower ability from now on, so choose well, and yeah, a cool name must be provided.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I'd love to have the power to make people tell the truth without even being close to them, IE (see someone on TV and turn on the truth).
Boy could that get embarrassing ehh?
I'd go totally nuts/just with it too, many folks would get wiped due to the truth of their treachery.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I already have a super power.

If there is a lego piece anywhere in the house, I will assuredly step on it sometime in the middle of the night.

No lie.

Truth!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not really a superhero but after playing Neverwiner Nights 2 (a D&D based computer game for those who aren't familiar with it) I always wondered how a Druid would be in real life. You have the ability to communicate with animals and shapeshift into animal form. You have spells to heal, harm and control the forces of nature...

Okay, I admit it. I'm a geek!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Easy choice I would want the powers of the Molecule Man. He has the ability to mentally manipulate molecules, allowing for a variety of effects, such as the creation of force fields, energy beams, and hyperspace portals. This along with total mastery over all energy and matter makes one powerful person.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Starlord and his sentient ship or Corsair and his Starjammer.

-Peace on Earth-
edit on 27-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The power to silence sound. You know that guy cruising around town in the car with the booming radio. The one you can feel the vibrations from even when you are two cars behind him. Just to raise my hand and say peace be still. Would love to see their expression.

Would also work on squalling children and smarta** teenagers.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
Mutant? Super Powers? Sure.

I like Rogue's ability to take others' powers, even permanently.

Besides that, I wouldn't mind the ability to manipulate Space-Time.

With Space-Time Manipulation, I could do, or undo anything.

Thus, I'd go with Rogue's ability to start and go permanently steal some abilities away from baddies, especially if any one them can manipulate space-time.

Anybody, or Anything vs Rogue = Rogue wins if she can touch them.

edit on 12/26/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

Can't touch me I'm too fast, I'd get you with my heat (vision) Plus my skin is impervious to your touch. Maybe

Plus I have super smelling

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have always wanted the power to heal, I hate knowing that there are sick kids in the world. This would be used for good only.

But if we are talking for specific selfish reasons then I would want Goku's Genki Dama.

To be able to gather all the energy from all around, even deep into the universe and then use it to defeat my enemies, makes me salivate at the thought. It takes time to build up but is worth it in the end. This power would be used for good but my definition of good and my enemies are relative to me and others might think differently on my choices.

Also I wouldn't mind having a Tigger tail to bounce around on all day. Not really a super power but could be useful in bouncing over things and super fun. Could be used for good or bad, I suppose.

edit on 27-12-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

74Templar
Trouble is it has been excessively hot here, reaching up to 40C (105F), so outside renovations have been a little off the cards.

Where the heck are you and do you have an extra ticket?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The ability to stop time and interact with people and surroundings.

Sounds like fun

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Oh!! Now that I had a bit of re-charging I know exactly who I'd be. I remember more than a few times you said, "Yummy"

See then you'd just stay the way you are.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Morning,

Oops.
I mentioned Marvel's Corsair & Starlord earlier but I forgot to mention one I prefer just a tad more than those two.
Jim Starlin's Vanth Dreadstar...the man destroyed all of creation...now that's power!
Even though he doesn't have much in the line of a super power, Mike Grell's Warlord also held considerable appeal to me. Not so much that he was the only man with a .44 automag in the Hollow Earth but more because of the anachronistic flavour of Skataris.
(That and having a sexy female companion that turned into a cat is pretty freakin' cool too...and yes I was a Gary Seven fan for those who recall TOS.)
That should about do it:

1) Vanth Dreadstar (Indeputable Badass Numero Uno. Leads a group of aliens on a hunt to find the Horn of Destiny and prevent it from falling into the "wrong" hands only to blow it themselves and undo all of creation. Technically, even this story has a cat/alien in it too but Oedi was a dude...damnit!)
2) Starlord (Talking ship with a female personae that can melt a planet...pretty kewl. He probably met a cat-girl at some point. Still not sure what to expect from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie...)
3) Corsair (Instead of having a girlfriend who turned into a cat, he had a girlfriend who was a cat/alien so the theme remains constant here. Cyclops and Havoks father.)
4) Warlord (Ex-air force pilot who bailed out of his crippled jet over the North Pole/Hollow Earth and discovered an anachronistic mish-mash of life and societies from Earth's true and even mythical past)

In that order of preference.

-Peace-
edit on 28-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 28-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: 'Nother Typo

edit on 28-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

edit on 28-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Correction

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join