It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant powers. Super powers. Would you? What would you have?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

On my most recent trip back south, I have decided to take it easy and do some simple renovations on a property I own. Trouble is it has been excessively hot here, reaching up to 40C (105F), so outside renovations have been a little off the cards.

To alleviate the boredom I have been sating myself by going through the many Marvel and DC Comics movies that have been made over the last ten years or so. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Batman, Superman, just to follow a running theme.

This got me thinking about the whole mutant power and even the whole homo superior issue raised in a lot of the comics and movies.

Would you want to be a mutant? Would you want to be different than a regular human and face that kind of persecution for being perceived as a threat?

What kind of power or powers would appeal to you? And how you view your powers? As a gift or a curse?

Lastly, the most obvious question. Would you use that power for good or evil? Justice or vengeance?

As for me, I'd love the idea of having mutant power, and have always been impartial to the Hulk/Bruce Banner, as the combination of cleverness and brute strength are not so far removed from myself. Although, the persecution side would likely bring out the vengeance side more than the need to save. How would you go?
edit on 26/12/2013 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Wonder Woman all the way!!!! Spin around real fast and all of a sudden your looking hot in a bikini with a gold lasso and a crown. Plus the invisible plane was cool!
edit on 26-12-2013 by Meldionne1 because: Spell check

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Me love Hulk. Then I go smash.

But you said mutant power and he's not a mutant...

So I guess the power of Wanda the Scarlet Witch. Then off to fix the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Mutant? Super Powers? Sure.

I like Rogue's ability to take others' powers, even permanently.

Besides that, I wouldn't mind the ability to manipulate Space-Time.

With Space-Time Manipulation, I could do, or undo anything.

Thus, I'd go with Rogue's ability to start and go permanently steal some abilities away from baddies, especially if any one them can manipulate space-time.

Anybody, or Anything vs Rogue = Rogue wins if she can touch them.

edit on 12/26/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I did a lot of table top supers gaming and my favorites were always the psionics.

It's interesting you bring this up. My husband and I had this discussion about the hypothetical power of being able to give someone else powers while watching Megamind on FX and wrapping gifts. We almost came to the conclusion that we weren't sure we'd give anyone powers.

1. If you gave the wrong person a power, they might turn out to be a total jerk.

2. If you gave the right person a power, you might turn their life into something they never wanted.

So, would you ever use that power?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Definitely the shapeshifting ability (like Mystique). That way even if the government was after me I could hide from anyone. I think it would be awesome to be able to not only go anywhere, but look as you want. Think of what you could do, or where you could go.

I think Id use the powers for both good and evil. Ive always wanted to be a spy so this would be perfect. I definitely would get revenge on some people too. I wouldnt physically hurt anyone but think of the mind games you could play!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Mutant or super power lol.
Almost got me...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i want the power of knowing whether all these conspiracy theories are real or not

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I like Spider-Man myself, but not really into scaling buildings or swinging across Bridges. Although that would be cool to cast a web net and have x ray vision

I want teleportation powers. I don't know which super hero has that power.

I always wanted to be like Samantha on bewitched and teleport myself. Not the Star Trek way of energizing, but just to vanish, reappear in another location. Or ship somebody else into another location. Go into a room and eavesdrop.
I think I would use it in vengeful ways which wouldn't be good.

Aside from that I really want the power to drop a meteorite on top of my ex. See I'm too vindictive. Just his head, I don't want to injure others.

edit on 27-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

violet

Aside from that I really want the power to drop a meteorite on top of my ex. See I'm too vindictive. Just his head, I don't want to injure others.

Don't worry, I hear you crystal clear on that one.

Nightcrawler has teleportation powers.

Nightcrawler
edit on 27/12/2013 by 74Templar because: added url

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

What would you do if it were revealed they were all bunk though, that the Government was as clueless as the people?

Kind of the mystery of conspiracy theories, is not knowing the whole truth sometimes.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

1. If you gave the wrong person a power, they might turn out to be a total jerk.

That's the thing isn't it. Even I couldn't say if I developed psionic powers that I wouldn't use them to be a total ass and humiliate or even wipe out a few people that have wronged me, and I'm a pacifist.

2. If you gave the right person a power, you might turn their life into something they never wanted.

This happens even in our world. You see people who are crippled or otherwise maimed go on to make the most of their life, seeing their disability as opportunity. In the same coin, you see people that have been fixed from injury fall into depression and worse as it wasn't all they thought it would be.

So, would you ever use that power?

I would go the same road and say no. I mean, if you look at the mutant/super power characters, there are always baddies that have equal power that can actually hurt them. So if you were planning on using your powers nefariously, you wouldn't want to take the chance of someone being able to shut you down.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen.
Too bad I have to get super radioactive first. Scientist NullVoid gained power over matter when he was caught in an "Intrinsic Field Subtractor" in 2014. --woo hooo whatever that is

I wont be superhero or villain, cause "Nothing ever ends"
I will convert AliceBleachWhite Rogue to a refrigerator first, because her power is bit dangerous to other mutants/superhero.
edit on 27-12-2013 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Can the force be classified as a superpower? because that would be my choice.

The force is every superpower rolled into one: precognition, telepathy, psychokinesis, conductivity, super strength, immortality, you name it.

Would I use it for good? definitely, but I'm a lone wolf so I wouldn't tolerate anyone who interfered with my work, especially weakling avengers whose powers would pale in comparison to my own.

Adamantine claws? that cute.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Hmmm.... Yoda Vs. Wolverine... Interesting matchup...
I'd put odds on Yoda getting that one, but not without a few claw marks first....

I could go on and say the Jedi were almost wiped out, but then again it happened to the X-Men too...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

That's easy, power of persuasion!

Getting mugged? Convince the guy to change his life and get a job.

David Cameron being a bum hole? Talk your way into his office and tell him "NO DAVID CAMERON, STOP BEING A BUM HOLE" and he will.

Out of cash and need a cab? Don't worry, your charming self will get you a free ride

Definitely good, I think that if you want to be good with a power like this though you need to not be around stuff like, booze, girls and opportunities of power, so a life of seclusion until I am needed to straighten the ridiculous out.

With great power comes great responsibility!

Metta ~

p.s. I actually didn't read the OP so if you have to be an EXISTING hero then deadpool, puny x-men wouldn't know what hit them...
edit on 27-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The ability to restore life from death, what greater power could exist?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

The ability to cause death that cannot be restored?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

LiveForever8
The ability to cause death that cannot be restored?

Sound like we have our first rivalry...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Technopath most likely....

like i would love to be all Snik Snik Snik wolvering style, or have control over fire some kind of mixture of Toro\Human Torch and Pyro - Sadly both the mutant healing\claws and the fire control\manipulation dont really lend themselves to anything but war... or at least destruction,

Technopath though, Kinda like Forge, Kinda like Warlock so i could control Machines, repair and command them, create new innovations, understand them better (and it would improve my work ability 1000 fold as i work as an IT Engineer)

would i be good or evil.... its hard to say....there is a fine line when something you do can better the human race even if it means on the initial outset it seems to be evil?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join