It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most convincing UFO video footage we have.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Aluxe
Your reflection explanation doesn't make sense to me since the whole theory is that FLIR camera is picking up the heat from the oil riggs so I don't think the reflection of the oil riggs in the water would produce any heat so the reflection of the oil riggs should not be showing in the FLIR video.

As JohnnyA stated a few posts ago, armchair researchers fail to do any actual research. Infrared is light. Most thermal radiation (heat) is infrared light.

In an infrared image, you're seeing light from heat sources. Since infrared is still light, it will reflect off of water like this:

You can see the person and the building reflecting off of the water. You can look at images like this all day on Google.

And, you can read more about infrared light here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Aluxe
Also the alcione website does not explain the sudden movements and change of direction of the ufos as shown in minute 3:00 that I posted

They didn't explain it because there's no sudden movements of any objects. The camera is constantly being moved to point at the lights. What's happening at the 3:00 mark is clouds are missing from the video, giving the illusion that the lights are moving. In fact, if clouds had been at that point in the video like every other point, it would be clear that the camera was being moved, just like it's clear in every other instance with clouds visible in the video.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Debunking is the healthiest exercise in any video presentation, especially the way things are today. I do not think this is CGI, but I do think that you are looking through a window, and the image is a reflection off of that window from behind the camera. A series of White LED lights or small LED flashlights.

This is a guess, but it would be do-able, and that of course lowers the probability that you are looking at a UFO.

Again, IMHO, and debunked with respect, arriving at no conclusion either way.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is a video that's always baffled me. It was shot in 1995 in Salida Colorado.

The object in this video looks to be luminous and almost pulsating.

The below youtube link is an analysis with stabilization. I've also provided a clip from the original footage shot by Tim Edwards.

The movement of this object is clear, and very strange. At first I thought it could be something on the lens but apparently there were other witnesses to this thing, including the videographers daughter who can be heard talking about the "spaceship" and her dad asking her to get the binoculars...

Lets have a crack at this one.... This is a really interesting one IMO

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
From first to 29 seconds the person is holding the camera properly, and when suddenly moves the camera the ships breaks the group and starts disappearing.I think when the camera should be handled properly it got moved...In the starting of the video why the uploader thought that its a UFO? And when his camera started the ships starting making a group so the uploader can take a picture.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

PhotonEffect
This is a video that's always baffled me. It was shot in 1995 in Salida Colorado.

Lets have a crack at this one.... This is a really interesting one IMO
That is not the only shape they observed, and it's the other shapes like the boomerang shape that I believe hold the key to understanding what they saw and recorded.

First, thermal inversions in that area are not uncommon, which can cause reflections in the sky.

Second the changing shape of the object (from "boomerang shaped to the shape we see in the video) is consistent with the sun reflecting off of different parts of the nearby river, then reflecting off the thermal inversion.

Third, I checked the reflection angles with the time of day, direction of the river and particular shapes in the river which matched what they saw, and it matched up. This would explain how the shape changed from boomerang shape to cigar shaped and how and why it just faded, as the sun rose it reflected off of different parts of the river, and then as it warmed up the thermal inversion was countered, so the sun kept reflecting off the river, but without the thermal inversion, that reflection no longer reflected again off the sky.

You can see details of my analysis here

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

2008 Key Segments

The Turkey UFO incident took place between 2007 and 2009 and involved over 12 witnesses. During that time reports of unknown aerial objects were reported across Turkey while a series of videos were taken by a local resident named Murat Yalcin. The objects were seen by many people who live in Turkey over several days and nights. They filed reports with SIRIUS UFO Research which is Turkey's primary UFO organization. The videos show various objects including formations of lights, round, disc, and cigar shaped objects which maneuver and hover over the sea. The video was recorded with a camera that had a tele-converter adapter capable of filming at 200 times optical achieving a great amount of detail. The Scientific and Technology Board of Turkey and TUG National Observatory reviewed the footage attempting to prove a hoax but were unsuccessful. The film has been studied by experts from Japan, Chile, Brazil, and Russia. After several attempts nobody has been able to successfully debunk the videos. To the current date they remain unidentified.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hmm, Im not sure I understand your analysis on the surface, and will have to delve deeper into it when I have more time..

But how does a reflection of a river appear in a bright blue sky? Where/what is it reflecting off of so that folks on the ground, not looking through a camera lens, can see it in the air and moving?

You mention boomerang shape but it looks to me, at least in the clips provided that it maintains a cigar shape the entire time....

Also, if this is a product of sun reflection off a nearby river, why was it never seen before or after? OR everyday at the same time of day?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

PhotonEffect
But how does a reflection of a river appear in a bright blue sky? Where/what is it reflecting off of so that folks on the ground, not looking through a camera lens, can see it in the air and moving?
Refraction of thermal inversion layers and, there are far more impressive examples, see below. This one illustrates clearly that you can see ground features reflected in the sky (snow) that you can't see on the normal ground view, but of course the thermal inversions in Salida will never be this clear so they will only see mediocre reflections of the brightest spots of the sun's reflection from the reflective surface of the river.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2e2f356c5d4.jpg[/atsimg]

There were three types of movement:

1. Movement of the reflection as the Earth rotates (causing the shape to change from boomerang to cigar as different parts of the river reflected, and the apparent position in the sky can slowly change as a result also.
2. Movement of the brighter reflections of the water moving in the river. This appears as bright specks moving inside the image.
3. Movement of the camera

You mention boomerang shape but it looks to me, at least in the clips provided that it maintains a cigar shape the entire time....
The boomerang shape is described by the witnesses, and it's not in the video. If I recall correctly the boomerang shape had already morphed into the cigar shape by the time they got the camera, and started the recording.

Also, if this is a product of sun reflection off a nearby river, why was it never seen before or after? OR everyday at the same time of day?
The amount of thermal inversion varies, and it takes a fairly crisp inversion layer to produce a defined reflection, which doesn't happen that often but as I said in my analysis, it apparently has happened prior and probably since. But it won't happen every day.

And there is another reason why most people won't see it as explained by edwards:

www.deseretnews.com...

Edwards said the object is always seen near the sun, where most people wouldn't choose to look. He was able to record the UFO only by positioning himself under the eaves of his house to block the sun.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Unless there is real analysis done it's neither real or a hoax. And by the way what do you think your going to find at a hoax forum? The truth pfft lol

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Looks to me like the bridge of a luxury liner on the water. Look at the video only think of it as looking at a ship head on. they have the large windows for the brigge and usually a lighted deck underneath saw things just like this when i lived in florida. And the big cruise ships would be heading in to dock.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
When I watched the op video I didn't even think about whether it was real or not, but when I watched it it gave me a legit panic attack because this was the first video in years that I saw that looked so similar to what I saw. When I saw my UFO sighting in 2005 (can read my account in gray area if you want) it looked very similar to the formation in the OPs video, except the balls of light in the op video's formation didn't form a half circle around the satellite ball of light in the middle, the formation I saw was a diagonal chain (very similar to the half circle in the op video--- BUT "diagonal") starting from top left multiplying to bottom right. Also, the balls of light in the op video were strikingly similar in proportion and intensity to what I saw 8 years ago.

Although the OP video is a hoax, knowing that doesn't change the reaction I had from the op video.

I know it doesn't really matter, because nobody saw what I saw but me, and I've come to terms with that)I think), but what you saw in the op video - I want you all to know that although the video IS a hoax, there has been a formation in the sky that looked as extravagant if not more so as what that video shows. at least once, if not more than once. I can't be the only one who has seen something like what was shown in that video. I would hate if I was the only one.

Excuse me but the ufo topic is a bit of a sensitive subject for me, the kind of make me jumpy which is why I should be staying out of them, but every time I try to refrain from getting into it I feel like I amdoing a disservice to not bring it up again when I think the occasion calls for it, not just for my sake, but for anyone else out there who is concerned and looking for answers.

We will get to the bottom of this! Never stop searching.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So, can someone tell me if my 2 favourite UFO videos were proven fakes or if there's still a decent chance they're the real thing? Cheers.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - 2014.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

unb3k44n7
I know it doesn't really matter, because nobody saw what I saw but me, and I've come to terms with that)I think), but what you saw in the op video - I want you all to know that although the video IS a hoax, there has been a formation in the sky that looked as extravagant if not more so as what that video shows. at least once, if not more than once.

Most hoaxes are based on some true account(s) of UFO sighting, that's the best way of making something that will instantly convinces some people.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I haven't been able to locate the video yet and it is late and I'm on the iPad, not ideal for posting from, but there is a short video that may ring some bells. I believe it is an Apollo mission, flying above but close to the moon, and closer to the surface there is a rapidly moving speck of light. It is moving much faster than the Earthly spacecraft, and it leaves a shadow on the lunar face.

I'll try to locate this very short video, but if it sounds familiar to anyone else (and potentially a non-hoaxed UFO sighting), please weigh in with any information, either debunking, or not.
edit on 1-1-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Happy new year

Nice thread but damn, internet is dead and I can't see video thumbnails let alone watch the videos at the moment, so cannot enjoy it fully until new line installed. I'm not sure if it's been posted previously and I can't be sure I'm posting the right video (I think I am though...) but for me it's this one still from Dundee, shot with Yukon ranger 5x42 in 2009. That was a peak time and peak year of this subject for me.

You really need to watch all 8 minutes. Get a feel for the objects characteristics, motion etc. You can't just dip in and out of this video, or watch a few choice seconds here and there. Watch the whole thing and if you can honestly say "it's birds" then you are frankly loony IMO. The first few minutes not a lot happens but it's important to see that so you understand what begins to happen.

I'm not saying it's aliens. But whatever it is doesn't seem of this earth, or time. Still not proven as a hoax as far as I'm aware. And I know it's not hoaxed enough to be spending money on similar equipment soon. Dundee and Inverness are UFO hotspots, that's something I had learned from friends (way back in 03/04) well before I saw this video and well before my interest in UFOs even properly formed (around 2007). So for me the video is not only convincing but it hits home on a personal level. And TrueFOs are IMO all about that strange interconnectedness

Those things are definitely related to the things I've seen that have made me join ATS. So it's a very real video of a very real non-bird phenomena in my eyes. These are the things that zip across you (visibly to the naked eye) at thousands of miles per hour on a starry night, I'm sure of it

The other one is the Brazil one where it splits up like water droplets and is filmed from 2 different angles. As far as I know it's not proven a hoax. There is a bit of suspicious editing, and angle 2 only lasts about 1 minute whereas angle 1 lasts about 5 mins, so some elements raise questions. But even so it's a fantastic hoax that I'm happy to watch if it is one

Just search "ufo pedro hernandez" on YouTube and get a grasp for the videos, different edits etc.

SOMEONE also posted up an awesome 4 hour set of sighting clips, not sure if that was this year or last year, but it was great. Sadly I never caught the last part as I think it was infringing copyright and was taken down, so I missed out on the most recent sightings in that compilation but saw all the old ones up to about 90's, and there were about 3 out of all of them that I felt were genuine.

The one in particular I remember is this one where they were filming a car advert I think, and in broad daylight, you see this white orb zipping about and they're all looking at it - clearly got their attention, and again is another one of the things I think is connected to the Dundee video above. The genuine article

Static lights, closeups of spaceships... Less interesting to me at the moment. I want to know what these funny zippy white star things are that I see in the sky and on videos...

edit on 1-1-2014 by markymint because: Happy new yearing it up!

edit on 1-1-2014 by markymint because: thanks for correcting me on the yvid

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

YouTube link corrected.

When using the button for YouTube videos use only the video ID, the text after the "=" on the video link.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I have a question why you see something that is in orbit why is your first thought that it is aliens? Ive never understood that logic says you look for the most likely cause first.And only if that is ruled out do you move to others. So if you see something like this and say video taped it your first thing is to check to see if there were a space station or satellite overhead at the time. Only when you rule that out do you move to something else like rocket launch or meteor or aliens.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Huh? Heh, what objects in orbit rub up against each other every 10 seconds and split apart in-between that time? Did you watch the whole video or just the opening minute or two? As I said you definitely need to watch the entire 8 minutes to appreciate it, not just a select moment or intro. It's a 7 minute sighting video, not a 7 minute video with a 30 second sighting in it.

Maybe it's the wrong video but it should go like this: Satellite in the beginning part, then two objects move into screen and "play" with each other for the remainder of the video. At some points they seem to rebound from each other like magnets.

As hinted, if I thought this was natural things in orbit I wouldn't be spending money on the same equipment and video setup, nor have half a shread of hope of catching something similar. But I know I will if I persevere and I know these things aren't natural objects in orbit. I also come to that conclusion because, well, you kind of do when you see these things for real for yourself. It's not all just videos and JPEGs y'know

Not my fault if others have "Never seen" for themselves, but I have, as I'm sure many many others have, and it helps you to see past the video fakes and fabricated stories. It's not hard to identify an object in orbit to something that isn't. It only takes a night looking at the sky to work that one out, and there are plenty of nights available to do that bit of learning. It's not rocket science. So the hard evidence for me is these things in that video, that I know me, you, or John Smith can go and video if they want to. I can only react and act on the things I have seen and feel to be true. This video is one of those that reasserts to me that the typical explanations (birds, satellites, meteors etc) just don't fit!

If nothing else, that video should also stand to serve that a pair of 5x42 Yukon Ranger will help you see these things for yourself. Whether they're natural or not, at least now we know of a way to look for ourselves and come to our own conclusions.
edit on 1-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

The Turkey UFO's were parts of ships on the water:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join