It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSA leaves back door open for NSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

RSA leaves back door open for NSA
Robin Burks
Monday, December 23, 2013 - 1:21pm

The NSA are in a lot of hot water now. Not only have we found out about the extent of their spying on the American public — including our World of Warcraft playing sessions — but now, more documents released by the famed whistleblower Edward Snowden show that RSA, the company responsible for the strongest encryption code on the market, signed a secret $10 million deal with the agency to leave a backdoor in its code open so they could access computers using it. RSA’s encryption software, BSafe, is one of the most widely used forms of encryption on PCs. The company created the Dual Elliptic Curve Deterministic Random Bit Generator and embedded it into BSafe. According to RSA, this was just a random number generator meant to increase encryption. However, there were many security holes in the generator that eventually allowed NSA agents access to products protected by the BSafe software. So the question is, did RSA deliberately create the holes in the generator for payment or did they just take the NSA’s money and look the other way when the holes were discovered? Considering that these holes were known as far back as 2001, when security expert Bruce Schneier said that the random bit generator “can only be described as a back door,” RSA’s role seems fishy. Also, it wasn’t until this year that the RSA publicly asked its customers to stop using the generator, although they haven’t said much about how their relationship with the NSA has already affected those they’ve done business with. It’s a safe bet that we’ll hear more in the coming months about the NSA partnering with agencies responsible for computer security. As Snowden releases more documents, expect more Orwellian surveillance news to surface. Via The Guardian

got this from a great site. DVICE.
their is a Lot of good stories on the site.
you should real go look!

well now people have evidence!
I hope some one sues them!
and people Wake up! and do some thing.

$10 million to lie and and sell there program out
that is open to Any one who will pay a high price!
you can no longer trust Any one at all.

my god! presidents have resigned
for a lot less that what obama has done.
he needs to be stopt.

the rest of the world can see that they can Not trust america with any thing.
they are the most evil country Ever.
All of the world will turn their backs on them.
or get ready for world war ageist america.
Ever one else against them!

how much lower can the evil obama go?
this is JUST like Germany and Hitler.

the people are slowly push't to do
more and more Evil things.
it goes in little steps.
so people dont see what is happening.
like slowly cooking a live toad.

americans, see that You are evil and stop now.
before it is to late.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There's no hiding from a government that is lobbied by corporations huh?

Hold on, is that an oxymoron? Or is it, there's no hiding from corporations that are controlling the government?
edit on 26-12-2013 by qwerty12345 because: random thoughts

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by qwerty12345

Huh? NSA is a Government agency, paying off private companies to look the other way (apparently).

How is that Government being run by corporations?

In this case, a private company (RSA) has apparently been paid by the NSA to ignore whatever the NSA asked them to ignore, whilst the NSA persuaded/paid RSA to not only put a compromised PRNG into their product, but make it the default, knowing that most IT managers/developers are either too stupid or too lazy to change it. It's scary how many have the mind-set of "it's the default setting - why would it be default if it was no good?".

edit on 26-12-2013 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Lollllllllll

I'm ignant don't mind me

I'm still sippin' fluoride, brushing my grill with it, showering n it, making my soup with it, washing my attire in it. I'm hoping I can move to Japan. I hear it's the healthiest nation right now.
edit on 26-12-2013 by qwerty12345 because: i'm stupid :S

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i think what i find really irritating about all this spying stuff, is that anything you create can also be stolen. your intellectual property rights go right out the w i n d o w. if you write a novel, you may find it reworded slightly and for sale on amazon some day. if you create an invention, the concept could be stolen from you before you can even get it to the patent office. i understand the need for security to some degree but just think of all the thievery that can be done and gotten away with. for example:

video game companies make their newest titles in complete secrecy, to keep competitors from stealing their stuff.
programmers write new programs and cutting edge stuff, in complete secrecy, to keep competitors from stealing their stuff.

it really really irritates me that people no longer have this most important of all civil liberties, a right to their personal property. and if the stuff that comes out of your brain isn't your personal property, i'd like to know what the hell is
edit on 26-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yes undo.
that is so true.
america is stealing scientific ideas and financial ideas.
the financial ideas are use'd to attack countries.
so they can keep competitors down.
and make money from harming them.
it is like playing a computer game of civilizations.
and america is cheating with God mod!
only thing is real people are hurt and killed...

P.S. undo I love your picture!
can you tell me some about it please?

edit on 26-12-2013 by buddha because: aliens made me do it.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

buddha
Yes undo.
that is so true.
america is stealing scientific ideas and financial ideas.
the financial ideas are use'd to attack countries.
so they can keep competitors down.
and make money from harming them.
it is like playing a computer game of civilizations.
and america is cheating with God mod!
only thing is real people are hurt and killed...

P.S. undo I love your picture!
can you tell me some about it please?

edit on 26-12-2013 by buddha because: aliens made me do it.

it isn't america, buddha. it's the globalists. they steal from everyone, including americans. they are just letting us american people take the international flack for it, because they apparently want global applause for destroying our lives
edit on 27-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
p.s. the painting is my attempt at a native american. lol i noticed it looked a bit egyptian and just combined the two ideas

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

qwerty12345
There's no hiding from a government that is lobbied by corporations huh?
is that an oxymoron? Or is it, there's no hiding from corporations that are controlling the government?

Come on now... take it all the way to the utmost root level:
1) Humans like to control, and manipulate everything, including themselves. Leading to collapse / war etc etc.
2) Humans left umanaged, leads to chaos.
3) Humans attempting self-management, leads to chaos.
4) Human nature, at it's utmost refinement of self-imposed futile insanity and chaos. Embrace it!!!

new topics

top topics

join