It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something way cool from police and fire.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This really made me jump up and cheer for humanity.
Deeds like this I feel give God good reason not to give up on us.

Crosby fell thru the ice.

Is this the time of year we should see stuff like this?
yes

Is it the time of year we should try to take notice of the
good things we are so capable of ?
yes

Maybe this is what we could highlite in the constant?

I believe so.

edit on 26-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
These guys are without doubt heros, and should get all of our respect, but not ALL of them across this land fall into the hero catagory, firefighters-high percentage, LEO-less than half, judging by what I have seen with my own eyes..

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

These guys are without doubt heros, and should get all of our respect, but not ALL of them across this land fall into the hero catagory, firefighters-high percentage, LEO-less than half, judging by what I have seen with my own eye

I agree of course, but when it's time to praise them individually, I'm right there.

Hooray for the heros.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That is awesome. I would like to think that the Vol. Fire Dept I belong to would use some of the available resources to save a family pet in that situation.

This puts me in a good mood...because the call I had after work did not

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
God Bless the Rescue people.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Midyew

Glad this helped you out Mid.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And just why did you give cops credit for this? Hitler loved his German Sheperds. So what.

randyvs
This really made me jump up and cheer for humanity.
Deeds like this I feel give God good reason not to give up on us.

Crosby fell thru the ice.

Is this the time of year we should see stuff like this?
yes

Is it the time of year we should try to take notice of the
good things we are so capable of ?
yes

Maybe this is what we could highlite in the constant?

I believe so.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
big deal...... people save human lives day in day out..but....but, when it a animal....wow..headline news and medals and kippers for breakfast...

Who cares, stupid dog, not worth the risk of a human life.

Humans who put the health and well being of Canines, Felines, Donkey's etc before a fellow human being should be hit in the face with a large knotted hanky...... a lot of times.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hey Soloprozoa!

Thank you for being such a contributor to the human race and encouraging intelligent debate on ATS.

Perhaps if you knew the toll that saving a person from death takes on the "hero" you might not post such as you do. Many who save wish for no more than that, to have done so is for many enough, publicity and "attaboys" are not sought and in many cases, for a variety of reasons actively discouraged.
So when it comes to saving a dog who the hell are you to say what should or should not be done wrt mans best friend.
Am I biased, yes, I used to be a dog handler and a mutt in distress deserves to be saved, if possible.

Pity the negative posting stars and flags has not yet come about, but at least you may be unintentionally contributing to that day with your post.

Get a life, chum, not the Pedigree variety of dog food either!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Don't be so snarky. If humans would consistently practise being humane whether to other humans or to any creature on this planet, hell it just might catch on and make the world a better place.

Would that be ok? I realize you would lose your cynical bully pulpit, but hey, small price to pay for a better world to live amiright?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You're a troll and I'm proud to be a big time dog lover.
I welcome your true opinion but I can't welcome a total unabated troll.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You don't even get it. This has NOTHING to do with humans vs animals. A families pet was in danger and Fire & Rescue saved the pets life. You act as if you are so concerned with the lives of people yet refuse to acknowledge that if this pet had died, A family at home would have lost a member of the family. It's as if their emotional suffering means nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
big deal...... people save human lives day in day out..but....but, when it a animal....wow..headline news and medals and kippers for breakfast...

Humans who put the health and well being of Canines, Felines, Donkey's etc before a fellow human being should be hit in the face with a large knotted hanky...... a lot of times.

dogs are far more important than people...just to make a point my dog would never insult a human or another dog for that matter because like most dogs he is a loving animal ...he has no concept of the nasty you just posted....nasty is a very human trait and an appalling one at that

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sorry, what i meant to say was...Amazing, wow, excellent story..star and flagged..

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Old Welsh platitude;

There We Are Then!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

How do I down arrow this comment - Oh I can't .. shame.
Nasty sentiments expressed here.
All life is precious .. humans are not exclusive in their ' specialness'.
You need some help ...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

HelenConway

Soloprotocol

How do I down arrow this comment - Oh I can't .. shame.
Nasty sentiments expressed here.
All life is precious .. humans are not exclusive in their ' specialness'.
You need some help ...

Dogs lick their Balls then your face...Mans best friend indeed, if i licked my balls then your face i'm pretty sure you would have me charge or maybe you would ask for my hand in marriage...I dont know.. ?
edit on 28-12-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I love the men and women who go the extra mile and who are compassionate towards all innocents .. all living creatures.

Well done to those lovely men who rescued the dog, they are heroes.

Is xxxx are you xxxlling ? I THINK SO

edit on 28-12-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
FD must have arrived on scene first. PD would have said the dog charged and shot it if they got there first.

It was last year or the year before I believe where the PD arrived first to a dog through the ice event and arrested the dogs owner in front of his children for going to get the dog made national news.

If you see the FD first breathe a sign of relief. If you see the PD first tense up and stay alert because you dont know what those lunatics are going to do.
edit on 28-12-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

In some cases the police may feel justfied to save the dog first.
Can't say I would blame them in at least a few cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join