It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's new Strategic Bomber... Maybe the undeclared cold war is heating up ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
www.wantchinatimes.com...
H-6K can strike regional targets without leaving Chinese airspace.

The People's Liberation Army's H-6K strategic bomber can attack the Japanese mainland with CJ-10 cruise missiles without even leaving Chinese airspace, reports the Kanwa Defense Review run by Andrei Chang also known as Pinkov, a military analyst based in Canada.

China had no real nuclear projection capability until H-6K entered service with the PLA Air Force, Kanwa's report said. H-6K bombers have already been deployed with the 8th and 10th air divisions of the PLA Air Force. However, strategic bombers alone can not help China penetrate enemy defenses using surface-to-air missiles. For this reason, the long-range cruise missile has become a crucial part of China's nuclear arsenal.

The article throws in a short blurb about being able to attack Southeast Asian neighbors over territories in the South China Sea; hum who could that be ?

It kinda reminds me of the old American B-47 without the pod engines...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

China had no real nuclear projection capability until H-6K entered service

What are their ICBMs, firecrackers? Perhaps they are not real!

The Media, love or hate them they are still nuts.

P

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

727Sky
www.wantchinatimes.com...
H-6K can strike regional targets without leaving Chinese airspace.

it must be a slow news day, the H-6K first flew 5 January 2007
www.webcitation.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

.... and the CJ-10 debuted during the October 1 military parade in 2009
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seriously?
It's a clone of the ancient Soviet-era Tupolev Tu-16!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It looks to me like a near-copy of much older Russian designs. Old school, and not at all stealthy. Oh, and DIG the tailgun! Didn't everybody else abandon engine-in-wing designs decades ago?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Yep afraid so. I don't know where I read in the last 3 days. ATS or maybe fox. But the quote " china copies everything " was mentioned. Specific to China's military tech.

so china expects all nations to stand down and let them nuke without an "Itchy finger on a launch code" somewhere in the world.
How do they expect to come out of this? Must be an ancient Chinese secret huh?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So that is their idea of a strategic bomber, no wonder they keep it in country. It wouldn't last long enough to even get close to its target before becoming scrap. If they can't buy, copy or steal what someone else has, this is what you get. The true capability, 50 years behind the power curve. Innovation is not in the mindset.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Yep and I'm totally ready to have my butt handed to me here. But I feel strongly that craft couldn't get airborne before even Al-quaida CIA duh.. you get my point could lock and kill. But then again all they need to do is get the bird up. So. What's stopping them. They only need to be right once.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Tech is far advanced in the years. But. Now with new tech. You don't go hunting a lawn mower. You look for small signatures. The really quiet things.
It's like that crappy movie " Down Periscope " . The navy drill consisted of new naval tech. But some guy said he will take a noisy diesel engine sub and disguise ourselves past our objective. Again bad movie. But! Why not take a snow blower right into Red Square and unleash hell.

Again horrible analogy. But while the rest of the world is moving forward. Why not hang back and give a little surprise?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Putting the bird in the air isn't a problem but the first time they launch a long range cruise missile at another country, those ghost cities will come in handy as the current ones would not be useful. Even threatening to do so can cause problems that would have been best left alone.

Frankly, they do not have the Navel or Air power of projection. Doesn't matter if they have over 200 million men that they can field, as he that controls the air controls the ground. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel, death from above with nowhere to hide.

Their so called strategic bomber would be scrap before it even had the chance to get a second shot.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You mean this one. And yes, it looks very familiar.

SnF.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I think the ghost ones would be fire balled as well. Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Trying to give you a star. But glitches in memory here on ATS.

I agree with you. My point is for them to get off that one shot. After that they would have whatever of a navy they claim to have,take out our strategic needs. Guam, Japan, Korea, Hawaii..west coast. Let's be honest. If they claim they have nuclear capabilities. Then only one missile needs to be near us. Not for destruction... but high atmosphere electromagnetic pulse. Then it's enough to delay the U.S. for counter strike. Allowing brave Chinese ground troops to gain land and start chaos. Granted those brave Chinese forces will die of radiation. But they may have another wave coming...

No one seems to give them a little credit of having years to think it through.
While the U.S. is busy in the middle east. I feel they are watching and calculating.

Forgot to put in their submarine intentions. They have nuclear missile subs ready to go...so they purported a couple of month back.
edit on 26-12-2013 by Bigburgh because: nuke subs.

OK got you a star. Hope you are right.

edit on 26-12-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

My friend, what they've done is modified the H-6K to accept their CJ-10 cruise missiles.
The H-6K is the work horse of the Chinese Bomber fleet, like our B-52's.
I understand that it was thought in 09 that the CJ-20 could be ready in five years to potential carry a nuclear payload. Five Years are UP!
China's Central Committee just being Transparent.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I cannot understand how so many can say look how old they are, and the same people claim the US has lots of Tech you don't even know about. Try it the other way around.

What does China have secreted away.

There is only one way to find out what the Chinese have up their sleeve, it could be a very expensive lesson to learn.

P

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Agreed if that was their intention and that would be the way to go. Actually they are headed to the ME. the road through the Himalayas is already built and operational. It runs in between India and Kashmir right into Pakistan and through to Afghanistan where the road ends. No need to build further as where it ends put them into perfect tank country.

They may try a diversion with either Japan or in the China Sea hoping to get a response that would see them clear for the ME run. It will be a resource grab that ends badly.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You all wait until you see the photos of the B2b clone they are about to start flight testing at the end of 2014.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

pheonix358
I cannot understand how so many can say look how old they are, and the same people claim the US has lots of Tech you don't even know about. Try it the other way around.

What does China have secreted away.

There is only one way to find out what the Chinese have up their sleeve, it could be a very expensive lesson to learn.

P

Well here are some of their weapons / aircraft we are aware of and we know they are building coastal bases and border bases for these weapons / aircraft.

Dark Sword Drone
In 2006, China unveiled an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) design known as Dark Sword, which has since vanished from the public eye. Western analysts aren’t sure whether the craft is still under development. If it is, certain design characteristics—such as a suspected ramjet engine—suggest that it’s a high-speed drone that could carry out surveillance and strikes far from Chinese shores. Whatever the Dark Sword’s fate, China’s UAV plans are ambitious: This past summer, the Chinese government announced plans to build 11 coastal drone bases.

Pterodactyl I Drone
China's Pterodactyl I UAV strongly resembles the U.S. military's Predator drone. It appears to be designed for medium-altitude, long-endurance surveillance and strike missions. Another Chinese drone—the Soaring Dragon—looks like a smaller version of the U.S. military's RQ-4 Global Hawk; analysts think it's designed for high-altitude maritime surveillance and reconnaissance.

J-20 Stealth Fighter Jet
In 2011, the PLA began testing the J-20, China's first homegrown stealth fighter, which could enter service sometime after 2017. Analysts believe the J-20 has radar-deflecting skin and internal weapons bays. Very little public information about China's combat aircraft development program exists, but the emergence this past September of a second stealth fighter prototype—the J-31 Falcon Eagle, which some observers think could be capable of performing takeoffs and landings on aircraft carriers—suggests that the J-20 is only the first in a series of advanced Chinese fighters.

DF-21D Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile
Stationary ballistic missiles are easy for enemy forces to destroy preemptively. China's mobile, truck-launched DF-21D ballistic missiles are not. After blasting off near the coast, the missiles travel to the edge of space before reentering the atmosphere at more than 3,000 mph and dropping 1,300 pounds of explosives on targets. China didn't nickname the DF-21D the "carrier killer." U.S. defense analysts did.

The Shenlong Space Plane
With a space station under construction and plans for a manned moon mission, China aims to alter the balance of power in orbit. In 2007, the nation showed off its antisatellite missiles by shooting down a decommissioned weather satellite, creating 40,000 shards of space junk in the process. Now it's testing an unmanned orbital vehicle known as Shenlong, or Divine Dragon. Comparable to the U.S. Air Force's X-37B space plane, the Shenlong could rapidly place satellites in orbit—and potentially carry weapons that could disable the communications, navigation, and surveillance satellites of adversaries.

A look Inside China's Secret

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

pstrron
So that is their idea of a strategic bomber, no wonder they keep it in country. It wouldn't last long enough to even get close to its target before becoming scrap. If they can't buy, copy or steal what someone else has, this is what you get. The true capability, 50 years behind the power curve. Innovation is not in the mindset.

You're missing the point. The strategic bomber doesn't need to get close to its target, it can strike from well out of range of ground-based defenses.

I think its a rather clever adaptation of existing technology. The US military has mainly used ground-based and naval-based cruise missiles. Cruise missiles launched from a carrier, which allows them to effectively attack any coastal country to make way for ground forces. The US relies on naval and air superiority for offense. China is incorporating old US strategies for defense.

China does not need to project its forces long distance if its goal is the defense of its borders. Strategic bombers armed with cruise missiles would allow them to "reach out" and strike down enemy bases without putting their air forces at risk. To counter this you would have to engage them in the air over their own advancing ground forces or stationary anti-air defenses.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
F-117 shoot down and China's access.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join