It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Self-Imposed Post Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Of course I care!
Your response to vet combined with the one to me is (as you are well aware, oh clever one
) making me very curious indeed as to your circumstances!

I have had a bit of an awakening myself since Christmas.

But, in any case, u2u if you like, or just chat with us here!!!

The two fora are closed until Friday, late day - as DISRAELI said. It's a chill-pill. A cyber-chill-pill!!!!
LOL

But - you can STILL READ them, and still give stars and flags (I tested that this morning)....so, it will actually be like a chance for you to "catch up!"

As stated above: look at the "why punish so many" thread in Board Business.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Dear whitewave,

Thank you, I'm glad to be back amongst the normal people who have populated this thread.

I do have one concern, though. I looked at your mini-profile and am a bit confused. I admire the image of you becoming one with the great ocean that borders Oklahoma? The purity and delicacy of that diaphanous figure, the almost other-worldly sense of a poetically ideal woman, and in your comments you're lifting a beer?

You are a mystery, you are. Thank you for it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Dear DISRAELI,

Thanks for the clarification. It's only fair to tell you that you have planted a new suspicion in my mind. I haven't asked for your permission, but I would like to quote one sentence from a message you sent to me.

This is my take on the background; the Theology forum was actually fairly quiet and peaceful while you were away.

Well, there we have it. I wouldn't have suspected it, but perhaps I am the cause of all of the uproar. I don't actually see how, but there have been weaker arguments made on ATS.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ha! I originally wrote "in your absence", saw that interpretation looming, and re-drafted the phrase in an attempt to avoid it.
"Post hoc ergo propter hoc" is not always sound logic.

When the forum re-opens, those of us who want it to stay will have a chance to write positive threads and show that it can be done.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
charles1952
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

charles1952 Dear vethumanbeing,WHAT?????

vethumanbeingI must say due to the now imposed ban on any new threads or responses to the forum "Faith, Religion, Theology" and the antipithas forum "Conspiracies in Religion"

Charles1952I hadn't gone to check, but if what you say is true, Algernon old lad, I will frankly say that I'm astonished.While it's true that I was hoping for the Mods to take some action to restore civility, I never would have expected them to nuke two fora (or forums, your preference). Things must have really gotten out of hand for them to say, "It's completely out of control. Some rabble rousers wanted to disrupt the thread? We'll show them, we'll close the thread completely, so there."

Not just the thread the entire RFT forum and its bald headed stepchild, CiR. Someone was listening. Now I can begin telling my Catholic jokes and it starts with 'a priest walks into a bar..."
edit on 13-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Charles,

The last time I asked for a souvenir, I was 11 and my grandmother responded much the same!

You want a shiny souvenir? After all we've been through together, you see me as merely a source for glittering memorabilia? I thought you were seeing past my suave, debonair exterior. I had hoped you weren't taken in by my vast and stunning charm, my astonishing physique, and my gargantuan personal wealth.

You mean that you're not the "sugar daddy" of my dreams? You know I love you for you, baby! Not the wealth that you exude.....

Missed that rapier wit of yours.........

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

The last time I asked for a souvenir, I was 11 and my grandmother responded much the same!
And you're how old now? Thirty-one? Twenty years and you haven't learned a thing. I'm disappointed. I may have to take away your bicycle privileges. (I assume that's what your grandmother would have done.)

You mean that you're not the "sugar daddy" of my dreams?
You were dreaming of a "sugar daddy?" Frankly, I'm shocked. Shocked, I say. I never would have taken you for that type of woman. My mother was right to warn me about women who bat their eyelashes at poor, unsuspecting men, catching them in a moment of weakness. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you even occasionally expose your ankles! I shall not succumb to your feminine wiles. I will remain pure and virtuous. (Do you know how hard it is to type and laugh at the same time?)

You know I love you for you, baby! Not the wealth that you exude.....
I should hope so. Besides, my wealth exuding days are over. It turned out that it was merely a particularly nasty skin condition. I don't exude anymore. (Don't tell anyone of your burning, passionate, yet unfulfilled, love for me. It would merely upset your family. We'll have to continue it secretly on these threads.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ahem! Have you two read terms and Conditions lately?

16h.) Public Affection: Explicit or overt displays of affection towards other members seen by staff as being disruptive to the board are strictly forbidden.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

DISRAELI

Ahem! Have you two read terms and Conditions lately?

16h.) Public Affection: Explicit or overt displays of affection towards other members seen by staff as being disruptive to the board are strictly forbidden.

LOL!

Time to put a stop to all those "HUGS **" that go around these boards too I guess.

flirt
1. To court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions; play at love; coquet.

Viva la flirt........

Charles,

"Mums" the word. So glad that skin condition finally cleared up!

edit on 13-1-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Dear DISRAELI,

Thank you for stopping my declaration of undying love and proposal of matrimony before I made the foolish mistake of submitting it.

Not only has windword declared that I mean nothing to her, she has just been engaging in an airy flirtation, but I couldn't mean anything to her. I'll try to figure out how to get my picture up here, but for now just believe me when I say I'm fat, ugly, and have a bald spot in the back of my head. Further, I'm broke, my net assets total some negative number larger than I would wish. I'm an old man, being over 60 years of age, and I don't live anywhere near her. (I suppose.) I don't think I could find a doctor in the country who would give me a Certificate of Sanity. I would bet a nickel that there is a Mr. windword and some children named Breezy, Windy, and Puffy.

But all of that is not to the essence. There are only two reasons to be on ATS. One is to learn unusual things and talk about them. The other is to become part of a family, people we can enjoy, people we don't have in the real world. This thread, or this part of it, is my throwing of a party announcing that I'm glad to be back with friends. I'll give you a big hug DISRAELI, and buy you a drink. I'll listen to your story about how you drove a bear off your back porch, using nothing but a corkscrew. I'll flirt with the women (After all, part of the fun is thinking "Could this maybe develop . . .?") I'll dance to the band. I'll declare bitter revenge on the varlets who are befouling our precious threads. It's a party, DISRAELI, and I'm glad you're here.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well, there we have it. I wouldn't have suspected it, but perhaps I am the cause of all of the uproar. I don't actually see how, but there have been weaker arguments made on ATS.

IT WAS NOT YOU!!!

And now...

I'm jealous.

LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to posts by wildtimes and DISRAELI

And now...

I'm jealous.
But you have no need to be jealous, windword has declared that she is merely practicing her flirtatious style and has no serious intentions whatsoever.

LOL
Apparently wildtimes isn't serious either. It's a party! Jump right in. What have I missed?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Not only has windword declared that I mean nothing to her, she has just been engaging in an airy flirtation, but I couldn't mean anything to her.

He said shyly, adding a slight southern lilt as if his statement were really a hopeful question.

I don't think I could find a doctor in the country who would give me a Certificate of Sanity.

Don't be so self-deprecating. I'm certain that you're "Certifiable"!

I would bet a nickel that there is a Mr. windword and some children named Breezy, Windy, and Puffy.

I chased Mr Windword away long ago, funny story that.............and Breezy, Windy and Puffy are just adjectives for my morning persona!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by whitewave

Dear whitewave,

Thank you, I'm glad to be back amongst the normal people who have populated this thread.

I do have one concern, though. I looked at your mini-profile and am a bit confused. I admire the image of you becoming one with the great ocean that borders Oklahoma? The purity and delicacy of that diaphanous figure, the almost other-worldly sense of a poetically ideal woman, and in your comments you're lifting a beer?

You are a mystery, you are. Thank you for it.

With respect,
Charles1952

No need for concern, friend. I was without an avatar for quite a while when I first joined (being computer stupid and all) and was graciously provided one by one of the members. I liked it and wouldn't know how to change it even if I didn't. As for raising a beer, I didn't. ATS got rid of the imbibing emoticons quite some time ago so I thought the mug was like an A&W frosty or something. However, if you prefer, I'm not above raising a glass in cheers to your return as I see you've arrived back to ATS with your sense of humor intact.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

charles1952
I'll give you a big hug DISRAELI, and buy you a drink. I'll listen to your story about how you drove a bear off your back porch, using nothing but a corkscrew.

Wrong country. I just get the neighbour's cats, and salesmen wanting to repair my guttering.
Mine's a pint of lager, please.

Talking of drinks, have you noticed how someone managed to sneak in the side door of the pub and get served "after hours"?
Dropping the metaphor, there's a new thread in the Theology forum.
Apparently it was started in "New World Order" (see most recent reply) and some stickler among the Mods transferred it.
But that's enough party gossip for now...

edit on 14-1-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

edit on 14-1-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

DISRAELI

Talking of drinks, have you noticed how someone managed to sneak in the side door of the pub and get served "after hours"?
Dropping the metaphor, there's a new thread in the Theology forum.
Apparently it was started in "New World Order" (see most recent reply) and some stickler among the Mods transferred it.
But that's enough party gossip for now...

Tricksey hobbits!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Really!! Well, isn't that interesting!!

I was thinking we could just use other forums to begin with - since nearly all of them get a dose of Theology thrown in from page to page...

Anyway, good party, folks! Charles, now we all see we missed you even more than we thought! You're like GLUE!! You keep us together!!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My lords, ladies and gennelmen!
The doors of the Theology forum are now open wide.
"The feast is set, the guests are met,
Mayst hear the merry din".

As. for example'
God's Law; Settling your disputes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join