It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first 3D printed metal gun blows through 50 rounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is the reason the gov needs to shut down and regulate the crap out of these copiers. Wish I could get my hands on 1. That .45 is impressive. A SAW would be the thing to make. Fires any round Im told but it vanished during WW2 never to be made again.
PC World

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

This was posted here last month

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

The gov't has absolutely no right to shut 3D printing down. It is the way of the future. The technology and materials are going to continue to get better and more refined until we are able to build atom by atom. Star Trek replicators? Yes please. Although that level of 3D printing is still a long ways off.

Anybody legally able to own a gun can go ahead and make one in their garage with just a few basic parts. All perfectly legal according to the ATF provided you don't try to sell it to a 3rd party without an FFL.

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Hillbilly123069
This is the reason the gov needs to shut down and regulate the crap out of these copiers. Wish I could get my hands on 1. That .45 is impressive. A SAW would be the thing to make. Fires any round Im told but it vanished during WW2 never to be made again.
PC World

Yes because the vast majority of violent crime is committed by ignorant gangbangers and they are smart enough to even know what a 3d printer is... Sorry the Gov doesn't need to regulate chit except itself.
Firepiston

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So dam sexy

I love 3d printing

Wave of the future

From hearts to houses

Its here to stay.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sorry. Didn't find it in a search.
The gov has no legal authority to do a lot of what it does. Its greed driven.
Gov's are responsible for the most violent crimes.
Yes it is sexy.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the .45 M1911 is hands down my favorite handgun. Super, super cool tech.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I knew there was something you and I could agree on.

Nice weight, comfortable feel, and great stopping power.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

All you ever need is a M1911 and a Remington 870, real crowd pleaser's. 3D printing at its finest!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Hillbilly123069
PC World

why you so obsessed with killing and guns? is it some kind of sexual inadequacy?

reminds me of people with big violent and aggressive dogs saying hey folks look at me.i have a tiny weeny penis but to compensate i have a big violent dog...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

Or because they have unfeasably enormous penises, and basically like to flaunt it.

Works both ways mate.

I'll tell you what doesn't work very well, since you're relatively new around here, is using cheap amateur psychology to intimidate people...the membership here is generally more sophisticated than that.

I'd advise against using such tactics again if you want to be taken seriously in future.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

MysterX

Or because they have unfeasably enormous penises, and basically like to flaunt it.

Works both ways mate.

I'll tell you what doesn't work very well, since you're relatively new around here, is using cheap amateur psychology to intimidate people...the membership here is generally more sophisticated than that.

I'd advise against using such tactics again if you want to be taken seriously in future.

intimidate?what nonsense.i was merely saying this obsession with guns and more guns is fueled by some kind of sexual inadequacy.Freud supports me in this theory.Just like people who get into a car and the car becomes a penile extension and their behavior on the road demonstrates this.Just watch a few youtube videos about this.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

championoftruth

MysterX

Works both ways mate.

intimidate?what nonsense.i was merely saying this obsession with guns and more guns is fueled by some kind of sexual inadequacy.Freud supports me in this theory.Just like people who get into a car and the car becomes a penile extension and their behavior on the road demonstrates this.Just watch a few youtube videos about this.

Yes, THEORY, I am really very interested in history, what sort of looney does that make me? also interested in combat tanks, assault rifles, machine guns, uniforms, camouflage, etc, even more loony? History in general, WW 2 in particular, science fiction, my favorite being 'Firefly' yet more looney? (by the way, sired three fine sons)no point in going on.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Try to insert a space after a period...it helps readability.

However, the comparison you're making is based on frivolity. The adage that a man who owns a large, flashy vehicle must therefore have or what he feels to be an inadaquate penis, is ludicrous.

Such comparisons are usually made by the jealous, the mealy-mouthed and the small minded, and probably the small 'membered'.

Does a Woman have small breasts if she owns a large vehicle..Penis envy perhaps?

It's a ridiculous thing to claim if you're being serious and not tongue in cheek, sorry, but it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

championoftruth

Freud supports me in this theory.

He sort of does just not in the way you think he does.

"The representation of the penis as a weapon, cutting knife, dagger etc., is familiar to us from the anxiety dreams of abstinent women in particular and also lies at the root of numerous phobias in neurotic people."
Dreams in Folklore (1958), p. 33

AbistinentWoman would be a neat screen name.

I dont believe that Freud ever really said a gun is an extension of a penis. If he did it was likely in a string of examples. Seems anything anyone doesnt like or approve of is suddenly written off not simply to be ignored but insulted and chastised as an "extension of ones penis" from the gun owning woman to the middle-aged sports car owner to the hipster with the $3,000 Macbook.

Everything is apparently an indicator that you have a small penis.

Pulling the "Freud card" just nullifies your position.

new topics

top topics

join