It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ObamaCare "Fees" coming in 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes, new "Fees" that strangely resemble "Taxes" !!

Lots of 'em starting in 2014.

Some may already be "worked" into insurance policies costs.

One in particular is the amount you will be "allowed" to deduct for medical expenses on your Schedule A 1040 forms.

For prior years, you could deduct expenses that exceeded 7.5% of your annual income and of course that's only after you pass the standard deduction amount so you can use the Sch-A form in the first place. Now it will be expenses above 10%. That's a tax increase in reality. Experts estimate the change will bring in $15 billion to the Treasury, mostly at the expense of middle class taxpayers.

Another is the "Fee" on insurance policy premiums (payments that YOU make to insurance companies for a policy). All added in to the cost to you.

These two have a major impact on American individual taxpayers.

There's many more if someone wants to list any.

The cost of President Obama’s massive health-care law will hit Americans in 2014 as new taxes pile up on their insurance premiums and on their income-tax bills.

Most insurers aren’t advertising the ObamaCare taxes that are added on to premiums, opting instead to discretely pass them on to customers while quietly lobbying lawmakers for a break.

But one insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

New ObamaCare fees coming in 2014

and don't forget --- Obama promised rates would go down !!

YouTube Caption:

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That is just the beginning...

Obamacare is DOA.....the only people that don't get that.

Temporarily reside in Washington DC.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These things really burn me.

My husband has a coworker who has a special needs child. This type of tax will hit her family right where it hurts, and then there will be the insurance Armageddon coming next fall.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Even Worse ???

More than half of the counties in 34 states using the federal health insurance exchange lack even a bronze plan that's affordable
USA Today

MY "Bewildering" Question: ... WHY? has this thing NOT (already) been ... "REPEAL"d ???

edit on 26-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: ... STAR and FLAG

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Bingo.
It sounds like the people hit the worst will be those already struggling with severe health issues.
Nice kick in the groin for them.
On the bright side they'll be poor enough to qualify for many Federal benefits.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

FarleyWayne

Even Worse ???

More than half of the counties in 34 states using the federal health insurance exchange lack even a bronze plan that's affordable
USA Today

MY "Bewildering" Question: ... WHY? has this thing NOT (already) been ... "REPEAL"d ???

edit on 26-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: ... STAR and FLAG

Right, but how about the US Territories?
It seems they Forgot and Left Them OUT!

Obamacare so sloppily drafted that US Territories may be unable to have health insurance

That's an Actual Headline.

The geniuses who foisted Obamacare on the public have another embarrassing failure on their hands. In drafting Obamacare, they left US Territories such as Guam, the Northern Marianas, and the Virgin Islands in an unsustainable limbo, covered by some requirements, but not by others. The end result is that it may be "literally impossible" to buy health insurance. Sarah Kliff of the Washington Post reports:

So they get the Penalty Tax or What? Obamacare = Failure!

In other words: Beginning Jan. 1, regulators expect it will be literally impossible for an individual to buy a new policy in the Northern Mariana Islands, and difficult in other territories.

Obamaca re: Sloppily Draftied

I was trying to research and find out just how bad this is.

edit on 26-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

xuenchen
Yes, new "Fees" that strangely resemble "Taxes" !!

Lots of 'em starting in 2014.

Some may already be "worked" into insurance policies costs.

One in particular is the amount you will be "allowed" to deduct for medical expenses on your Schedule A 1040 forms.

For prior years, you could deduct expenses that exceeded 7.5% of your annual income and of course that's only after you pass the standard deduction amount so you can use the Sch-A form in the first place. Now it will be expenses above 10%. That's a tax increase in reality. Experts estimate the change will bring in $15 billion to the Treasury, mostly at the expense of middle class taxpayers.

Another is the "Fee" on insurance policy premiums (payments that YOU make to insurance companies for a policy). All added in to the cost to you.

These two have a major impact on American individual taxpayers.

There's many more if someone wants to list any.

The cost of President Obama’s massive health-care law will hit Americans in 2014 as new taxes pile up on their insurance premiums and on their income-tax bills.

Most insurers aren’t advertising the ObamaCare taxes that are added on to premiums, opting instead to discretely pass them on to customers while quietly lobbying lawmakers for a break.

But one insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

New ObamaCare fees coming in 2014

YouTube Caption:

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount.

I've received two letters defining these "fees" from BC/BS since October 2013.

Comes to about $35.00 more than the over $100.00 the premium is going up.

Is there really anyone who still honestly believes this was EVER intended to be about "healthcare???"

New phenom I'm also hearing about: lots of Dr's who will not "accept" the BS "policies" sold by the website just like many won't accept Medicaide...you may be paying for a piece of paper that claims you hold a "policy" but it may not be a guarentee you'll ever really get into an office...

Now watch this bunch of fools try to FORCE independent Dr's to accept...think we've been down this road before???

Crazy Train has left the station.

edit on 26-12-2013 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2013 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just like he promised you can keep your insurance?

The scumbag is a liar, and belongs in jail

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

whyamIhere
That is just the beginning...

Obamacare is DOA.....the only people that don't get that.

Temporarily reside in Washington DC.

Was just thinking this same thing yesterday. Strange How Obama is sure that most Americans still want Obama care. He really needs to wake up from his dream and see the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Seems to me that every state that doesnt want it could just put that on ballot.

Let the people in each state decide.

"all persons in (insert state name here) are exempt from any requirements, mandates, fees, taxes or penalties associated with the "affordable care act."

Nullify it across the country.

If not then, enjoy the aca because federal isn't repealing.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It would seem the ACA is right on agenda...and no, I don't believe its about healthcare...never did.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that the ACA was never intended to "work". It was designed to fail and it was designed to get Americans talking about healthcare.

We will eventually see a single-payer system like the European countries and Canada have. America just wasn't ready to make that leap, so something in between that fails was needed.

When it starts to really fall apart Americans will scream "save us!" .... Enter the single-payer system.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Single payer works in Europe and Canada because the hospitals (for the most part) are state owned.

It also works well elsewhere because medical professionals are paid (again, for the most part) the same flat rate.

We'd have to restructure "America" in order for this to work.
(In other words. . . . )
There'd have to be a fundamental transformation in order to pull this-. . . . . . . oh.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They need to put up the fees
ever six months.
thats to pay for the Big mess up they made to start it.

oh! and they had it planed from the start
to put the price up any way.
you stupid Slaves.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by ketsuko

Bingo.
It sounds like the people hit the worst will be those already struggling with severe health issues.
Nice kick in the groin for them.
On the bright side they'll be poor enough to qualify for many Federal benefits.

Not likely. If we won't, they likely won't, either. She and he both work at the same place and at approximate income levels. However, they suffer the same tax burdens, heavy student loan burdens, and have three kids plus one from his first marriage. So, when Obamacare hits, they'll make too much on paper for help and lose a large chunk of it down the government tax hole before it can do anything to actually benefit them.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You really want the same people who are doing this, in this manner, running it all?

I can't trust them, and there is no way I want them in charge of my entire life.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I fully support a single payer system and I know how to get it done without adding a single dime of burden to taxpayers: Defer Obama's Vacation Travel Fund, Defer Congressional Travel Fund, seize all assets of anyone on record as having voted for it.

Heck by the time the money is counted on all the insider trading deals Pelosi has done over the years, we can probably pay the Vet Benefits that were promised to them as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Bingo. It sounds like the people hit the worst will be those already struggling with severe health issues. Nice kick in the groin for them. On the bright side they'll be poor enough to qualify for many Federal benefits.

Aren't those the people our 'care' act was designed to help, and we are forced to pay for? Along with our own care, of course.
edit on 4u55America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's not individuals being hit by these new fees and taxes. According to a newsletter put out by the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System, July/August 2013:
"The Kentucky Employees' Health Plan will lose "grandfathering" status under the PPACA effective January 2014 at a cost of about $15 million to KEHP. Also the KEHP will be charged a $64 per person per year "transitional reinsurance fee" to assist in funding the uninsured and under-insured as part of health care reform. The expected cost is about $16 million for 2014, so the KEHP is starting out $31 million in the hole for calendar year 2014."

So the managers of the fund will be going before the legislature to ask for more funds to stabilize their pension fund. I'm pretty sure (but don't have any proof or documents to show) that this applies to all retirement funds of a public nature so the line of people asking for help will be long. Our governor and some of his cronies still seem to believe that this can all be solved by legalization/expansion of gaming in the Commonwealth. Guess they didn't hear the news reports about Atlantic City and Vegas being in near-Detroit status financially!

I don't have the answer. I only know that if I had the money that I've paid for health insurance over the past 13 years with never a claim....oh, the fun I could have!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
9/11 was conception. The Big Shot. Afghanistan was the embryo, the cells dividing. The Patriot Act the genetic code. Iraq just further fetal development, the deaths of those who know too much, Hussein and Bin Laden. In '08 the water broke with the busted bubble in the markets and economic downturn. The head crowned when the government shut down. The baby's born when the Affordable Care Act takes effect 1JAN14. Then will begin the child's education.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join