It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson: 'Duck Dynasty' star 'white privilege...Here comes Jesse!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

ketsuko
So white privilege is the reason that this family was able to carve out a duck call from wood and sell it out of the back of their old pickup truck in a parking lot and parley that into a million dollar business?

I call that America, not white privilege. They had a product and found a market for it.

If that is white privilege then I am taking it that Jesse Jackson is telling us that blacks are to stupid to try something like this???? I mean come on, they were dirt poor and made a dream come true.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson came out to southern Arizona back in the 1980's. There was a Chicago cult that had shot and robbed its way around Miracle Valley, AZ.
After they had shot and killed one deputy sheriff and wounded another, they attacked a news crew who had the fore sight to keep their cameras rolling.
Jackson was on TV telling everyone the incident never happened; all the while the TV station had split the screen and had the video going on the other half of the screen. He left Arizona very shortly thereafter.
Look up the Miracle Valley, Arizona incident if you want to quiet him down. Be careful as there is a book out there on the subject that can only be called revisionist history...but what can you expect..they are all from Chicago.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I see his people keep getting the message" We will be out of the office till January 6th on holiday. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS" Apparently they never told Jesse they were getting it

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Jesse is one of the reasons the black culture is still wearing chains. The chains are self imposed and from the looks of it do not fall lightly upon their collective shoulders.

Black people act as if their freedom is given to them and can be taken away........It is a birth right. Freedom is a thought and some duck show idiot has nothing to do with it.

What would Mr. King be saying at a time like this?
edit on 26-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This whole Duck Dynasty thing is just a tool to divide the masses.
Who's Christian?
Who's Gay?
Who's black?
Who's poor?
Who's from the South?
Who's got an education?
Who's hunting what?
Geez...TPTB got it right with this manufactured DRAMA.
Make sure that ALL the hot-button topics are hashed out ENDLESSLY and REPEATEDLY.

This poor guy Phil was just the guest of honor at the Dinner For Schmucks.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
JJ eats at our local cracker barrel, honest.
He does.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Old Jesse Jackson has become nothing but opportunistic whore when it comes to getting the most of free media coverage, can somebody get that old fool our of his misery, he is like a old beaten dog that can not just die with dignity.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Your location says OZ so for some reason I believe you

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I wish that square headed, bug eyed moron would get lost i a desert somewhere. He is in the top 10 worst humans in America.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The duck dynasty people did nothing illegal, either did A&E. Both were completely within their rights to do what they did.
I hate reality television and I hate A&E but I hate idiots like JJ even more.
I am of mixed racial background and believe 100% that African Americans (Canadians, whatever) are number 1 in holding themselves back. Obviously there's racism but there's also perpetuating stereotypes and playing the race card when it's not a race issue. I see it all the time in my province.
This was a dumb hick issue, not a race issue. I'm not saying all "hicks" are dumb, I grew up in the country and would probably have quite a few people saying I was a hick for being able to survive off the land etc.

This whole duck dynasty thing needs to disappear.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I dont get this obsession and support for this bible thumping redneck.

Come on didn't he come out with the turd that blacks were better off under Jim crow laws?

The exreme far right really are shooting themselfs in the foot rallying around him.

Surely like the UK you have some more respectable enterpreniurs that came from humble backgrounds you can use as poster boys?
edit on 27-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

More like he worked side by side with them in the cotton fields when he was a kid. The "better off under Jim Crow" interpretation is MSM.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

crazyewok

Come on didn't he come out with the turd that blacks were better off under Jim crow laws?

The exreme far right really are shooting themselfs in the foot rallying around him.

I am not saying that you are wrong about the 'Bible thumping redneck' comment.
But there is a lot more to Phil Robertson and his clan than meets the eye...
Phil gave up a football career, Terry Bradshaw took over for him at Louisiana Tech.
Sports Illustrated
The duck call that he invented and patented isn't just some horn that you blow. See the US Patent.

He wasn't always a 'bible thumper'. He has a past that he isn't particularly proud of, but he doesn't hide.

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson discusses his former “sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll lifestyle”, a crazy past (which includes being drafted into the NFL as a quarterback in the 1960s), his wildly successful hunting company Duck Commander and how he became a Christian in his new book due out in May. During a recent interview about his upcoming memoir Happy, Happy Happy, the star of the hit reality show says that in his late 20s, he decided to turn his wild life around. While working at a “beer joint”, Robertson said that he struck up a conversation with a guy attempting to start a Bible study, and decided to give his life to God.

Relevant Magazine

He is a self proclaimed redneck (as am I) but if a man turns his life around and lives a good life because he is a 'Bible thumper', I am not going to kick him for it.

edit on 27-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

crazyewok

Surely like the UK you have some more respectable enterpreniurs that came from humble backgrounds you can use as poster boys?
edit on 27-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

No, he didn't. Those words were made up by someone in media.

Phil Robertson has an adopted black grandson who he welcomes into his home. His comments were basically, "I grew up working side by side with black folks. Never heard them complain much, personally. They just lived their life following the word of God". He never said the word "Jim" or "Crow", let alone combining them together.

I support him because he is my kind of bible thumping redneck. He holds his beliefs and it happy to let you hold your belief. I am not a Christian, but love Christians who are tolerant of me. Phil Robertson is just one such guy.
edit on 12/27/2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Where and when? I would love to talk to him........

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

ketsuko
So white privilege is the reason that this family was able to carve out a duck call from wood and sell it out of the back of their old pickup truck in a parking lot and parley that into a million dollar business?

I call that America, not white privilege. They had a product and found a market for it.

There ain't no such thing as poor white people. Don't you know that? They had everything handed to them and that's why they were able to build a duck call from a piece of wood and make millions from it. They didn't earn it because they have white privilege /sarcasm

Anything that Jesse or Al have to say means less than nothing, and I bet Jesse doesn't even know that the family have non-white adopted children. He also doesn't understand that hard work and innovation is what made the Duck Commanders. It wasn't handed to them. I bet most things that Jesse has WAS handed to him. And why would Jesse be so against free speech, and siding with the people who are attacking Phils right to opinion and free speech??? Very strange, considering that dear Jesse is for civil rights, don't ya think?? Or is civil rights just for non-white folks? All these anti-rednecks are starting to get on my last nerve. All these anti-constitution people are getting on my last nerve. Why are they doing this? Are they trying to cause a civil war??

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Mamatus

Where and when? I would love to talk to him........

hmmm I don't know if giving out that location would be a good idea.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
JJ will have to go after A&E too.
They announced that Phil is back on the show.
Fox News

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Was Jesse ASKED his opinion and had a mic thrust in front of him or did he call a press conference?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join