It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson: 'Duck Dynasty' star 'white privilege...Here comes Jesse!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The Rev. Jesse Jackson has stepped into the “Duck Dynasty” uproar, using the case of civil rights hero Rosa Parks to make his case against show star Phil Robertson.

Of course, it might be time to shakedown an old white guy and his network.

“Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’”

"White privilege".....Jesse you are losing the culture war. He did nothing illegal.

Robertson said that in his Louisiana youth he picked cotton with African-Americans and never saw “the mistreatment of any black person,” adding that they were “singing and happy,” and didn’t complain about white people.

Not the smartest words ever spoken. Not even close to being illegal.

This Duck thing is the final straw for some in America.

More people contacted A&E and Cracker Barrel than have signed up for Obamacare.

As a Nation we are finally telling these sleeze merchants.....Duck You.

Politico.com

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Jesse jackson: they only thing worse than an unwanted tar pit next to your brand new car! Or a flock of bird that just ate lunch that is hovering around your new shiny car!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Gave them 72 hours to respond over the Christmas holiday. must have needed a reason to go somewhere warm and have his cult pay for it. Go away jesse

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ah, only if there was a world without jesse jackosn, equals a lot more happier people!

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So white privilege is the reason that this family was able to carve out a duck call from wood and sell it out of the back of their old pickup truck in a parking lot and parley that into a million dollar business?

I call that America, not white privilege. They had a product and found a market for it.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

― Booker T. Washington

Reading that it almost seems to me he is describing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Like a shark smells blood in water these race pimps smell money in the air and the of course demand a "sit down" with the net work.

What could possibly be considered racist about a personal memory of a man's youth?
edit on Thu Dec 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED TAGS

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm guessing Jesse Jackson started off with great intentions, but he obviously lost his way at some point. Either that or he's just a racist........who knows....better yet who cares?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Of course, it might be time to shakedown an old white guy and his network.

Do you even know what the term shakedown means? No one has said anything about any lawsuits for money. Jackson is just using this to keep himself in the limelight.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Buster, you mean like the 5 million he got from NASCAR?

I know what a Shakedown is...So do you and so does Jesse.

If you want to defend him, that is your right.

I hope you had a nice Holiday...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Who knows what Jackson's lawyers might have filed before the Courts shut down for the holidays.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson, The mouth amok. The entire African American community would be better off without his racist diatribes. IMO few people have worked so hard at racism.

If I ever meet him I will happily spend the weekend in jail for kicking his nuts up his throat. Sadly I would get more time as it would be called a hate crime. I don't hate him for being Black, I hate him for his racist agenda.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"Go duck yourself" will be the new cry of whites fed up with the PC mad crowd.
It's time somebody put these creeps back in their place.
Jesse.....Get a real job and contribute to society instead of trying to further the split for your own financial gain.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson is the Fred Phelps of racial equality. He proves the adage that no cause can be so righteous that it won't attract at least one attention-whoring asshat.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just curious, is there any record of Jesse Jackson picking cotton?
Yet Phil Robertson did.

What kind of work has Jesse done?

And Phil needs a lecture from Jesse?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The best thing Jesse ever did was read " Green Eggs and Ham"
A Kindergarten level is his mindset! Anything for publicity. The biggest problem Jesse has with Phil, is that Phil followed the law, spoke his opinion and has had a very big positive influence on this country. Jesse, on the other hand is so jealous because he does not know how to follow the law, he thrives on offending people, he is a racist and has had a negative influence on all races!!

If anyone receives more attention than Jesse, they are automatically a bigot trying to hold the black man down!
He has gained his fame through temper tantrums. Like I said a kindergarten mindset is that of Jesse!

Jesse jackson needs to "Duck Off"!!

Thanks,
Pax
edit on 12/26/2013 by paxnatus because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Don't even get me started on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (the two most racist, fear-mongering, self-aggrandizing, pandering, race-baiting, Ignorance-spreading trolls on the face on the Earth).

It was only a matter of time before one (or both) of these scumbags got involved in this ridiculous mess.

I thank God they are getting on in years; we won't have to listen to them much longer.

What a pair of disgusting human (?) beings...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

The world will be a slightly better place when Jesse and Al die of old age. Something which I would never have expected given their penchant for hating others and stirring pots.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
"Go duck yourself" will be the new cry of whites fed up with the PC mad crowd.
It's time somebody put these creeps back in their place.

Why would only whites chant that?

And what does Political Correctness have to do with being white?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Coming from the mouth of the man who admitted to spitting in white peoples food" any chance he got when he was a waiter. He is a disgusting, pos.

Him and Sharpton are the biggest race baiters that ever existed. They raise their voice for money only.

I see nothing wrong with what Phil said, any of it in fact. Jackson and Sharpton are paid ONLY by keeping the race problems around. They could care less about anyone, even blacks.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Woo Hoo, I'm a "minority" (wink wink) and see an opportunity for some free press.
Attentionwhore extraordinaire.
Sad...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join