It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Mike Gravel Interview Part 1 of 2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Great first video mate! Keep up the good work. Can't wait for part 2.

edit on 27-12-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well, on the positive side: you look okay, your voice is okay and the quasi-seventies setting - though a bit corny - isn't overly distracting. However, stop being such an arse. You don't need that, nor do your guests deserve it.

ETA: and maybe your company should invest in a decent microphone instead of relying on the built-in crap thingy of the video camera.
edit on 27-12-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

We the "People" after falling in love with Lost in Space, Star Trek and Star Wars and so on, welcome our galactic neighbors with open arms with Peace and Love! YES, we can handle the truth, I don't even know why we need a government to say "we are not alone" to make it official?!

There is a Italian mystic name Maria Valtorta (1897-1961) very familiar by the Vatican, who had many visions of Jesus, he told her to write and boy did she ever!
Here is one thing he told her to write that is fitting for this topic, enjoy....

Jesus on Life in the Universe August 22, 1943

"But how is it that they have never considered that the 'great Babylon' is the whole Earth? I would be a very small and limited God the Creator if I had created only the Earth as an inhabited world! With a beat of My will I have brought forth worlds upon worlds from nothing and cast them as luminous fine dust into the immensity of the firmament.

"The Earth, about which you are so proud and fierce, is nothing but one of the bits of fine dust rotating in unboundedness, and not the biggest one. It is certainly the most corrupt one, though. Lives upon lives are teeming in the millions of worlds which are the joy of your gaze on peaceful nights, and the perfection of God will appear to you when, with the intellectual sight of your spirits rejoined to God, you are able to see the wonders of those worlds.

Official link: www.valtorta.org...

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'd rather see these interviews done in a formal type setting, with professional looking individuals, not looking like it was done in someone's basement and given by someone who seemed to act like they had 5 minutes to prepare.
If this is what this video series is going to look like from here on out, you lost a viewer.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Not mad at any of these comments, I take everything with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Wow! Love this interview. Love your personality as well.

Kudos to you and keep up the good work.

Hopefully if sh** hits the fan via nuclear war our alien brethren will help out.

Definitely await part 2 with much interest!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am truly sorry. I didn't see or hear much interview in either video.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Not only that but it was packed full of child like gags that made no sense in the context of the video, really what must that poor guy be thinking having watched that with josh making fun of him at the end. I am pretty sure there was some kind of Jewish joke in there and also some cursing that was "bleeped". I dont come to ATS for crap comedy. Sorry. i just dont.

I really good comparison to this video would be the ATS Live interview done with Nick pope, also focused on the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure (which josh makes fun of at the start of his video). if you look at the difference in the interviewing style, its one another level, a level i think we members should expect and deserve and a level which Josh's video failed to meet. This is exactly the type of video that has people laughing at the "tin-foil hat nuts"

Maybe that's the idea, in part.

It's called "honey potting" the info.

Honey Pot

“A honey pot, in intelligence jargon, is a tempting source of information or ‘dangle’ that is set out to lure intended victims into a trap.

Ultimately the honey pot is violently and maliciously discredited so as to destroy the credibility of anything stuck to it by association
– Michael Ruppert, “Crossing the Rubicon,” p. 184

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lots of people take this subject seriously and i think if you are going to appeal to them or try to gain their respect then you need to produce something more serious looking and better thought out. New information , data and cases are going to be a big winner, while just peoples opinions not so much.

But if you are trying to appeal to kids with a passing interest in the subject and a goldfish like attention span just keep doing what you are doing, your right on the money

edit on 27-12-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Can't say I learned anything from that. But I am guessing it wasn't aimed at me and my "demographic".

However if you want some pointers here goes.

First as others have said, know your facts before starting the interview. It's an old cliche "Fail to prepare and prepare to fail" but a true one.

It's too late now but I'd leave off the embarrassing errors at the start. That sort of thing could be done once you've earned the respect of the members maybe a dozen vids in. But in the very first video it creates a very poor first impression and that you weren't taking this seriously at all. Don't get me wrong, it's OK to laugh and joke but timing is everything as any good comedian (and even a multitude of crap ones as well) will tell you.

The first couple of questions showed obvious signs of nerves and brain freeze.

"But I do, erm I think that maybe it's our government suppressing the information so if that's the case, that the the government is suppressing information err wouldn't ETs know about that and wouldn't that make, give them more of a reason to make their presence?"

Remember it's OK to breath and think for a moment, thank the guest for their answer for making a valid point whilst you think.

The follow up question was almost as jumbled.

I'd suggest you think of a few short snappy "open" questions (i.e difficult to answer with a one word answer). That gets your guest talking, then you can do less. Sorry but a good interviewer is heard less than their guest not more.

Don't ask questions within questions. Be clear and straight to the point.

For example your question :

"Do you think they like really, really make something profound, and some kind of profound entrance on our planet, do you think it's because of the government that they aren't?"

This could have been abbreviated to :

"So what's stopping ETs revealing their presence on Earth?"

I think once you've got over the nerves things will get a lot easier. Why not practice questions with friends or even the general public to get more experience of asking questions, listening and posing further questions based on the answer?

Finally if you are going to joke at the end then it would have made all the difference if the guest is joining in on the joke with you. If not leave it out. It looked like you were taking the p*** out of Mr Gravel even if it wasn't intended.

I did like the set, with the retro TV. That was a good idea.

That's my opinion, that's all.

edit on 27/12/13 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

based on your observation from the first post of 'don't tread on media' ...

I ..

don't watch nor will I listen to any thing this guy/crew have to say..

same reason I don't listen to ATS radio, there's nothing there that I haven't read already .. so what's the point.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hey, I'm very close to your age and I'm the internet humor connoisseur. And overall I think you did a good job. The only thing is, it felt like you were new to being on air. I totally understand it though, I've been there myself. Just remember to be yourself, like the joking around. Once you let more of your personality flow in front of the camera the better it'll get as you take charge. Just please, never make the guests wait while you're screwing around. Do it before the call, that way you let them feel like they're being taken seriously.

It was an interesting interview, that's for sure. I all of a sudden feel uncomfortable going outside now as we're "being watched". /X-Files theme song

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Komodo
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

based on your observation from the first post of 'don't tread on media' ...

I ..

don't watch nor will I listen to any thing this guy/crew have to say..

same reason I don't listen to ATS radio, there's nothing there that I haven't read already .. so what's the point.

The point is to use specific talents, whether it be in radio or video, to add a personal, human element to topics and recent events.

Sometimes it can be hard to inject our own personal styles into our threads/posts and radio/video allows for that outlet.

To me, this is no different than the poetry or story forums. I may not "like" poetry and such, but I support the people writing because its what they like to do.

I'm saddened that we have been so negative towards new ideas and the efforts of those that do this for the love of the craft....not money or fame.

SS

edit on 27-12-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Notheycant
reply to post by NONPOINT21

Yahoo! said I was too edgy. Might get a gig at the Huffington Post

Josh LeCash

Edgy is good, maybe some people prefer Piers Morgan

Look forward to pt two

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I disagree.
If Josh had been wearing a suit and tie with the traditional nerdy side part in his hair, I would have though of it as another disingenuous staged interview we see all the time.
So I found it refreshing.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I enjoyed it man, to hell with the haters and as Springer said, "armchair quarterbacks". You're doing a lot more than me and taking initiative. I respect that, so keep doing what you're doing and congrats on the first interview with Mr. Gravel. Criticisms are redundant at this point, you've heard it all but overall I think you did a good job and hope you can wake some people up. Good luck

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I'm saddened that we have been so negative towards new ideas and the efforts of those that do this for the love of the craft....not money or fame.

Speak for yourself… when Beezzer comes through with that endorsement deal for Reality Remix Live from the Tea Party and the manufacturers of Gadsden Flags, it's fat city, baby!

But on a serious note, I agree… constructive criticism is well and good, but being rude and overly negative for something that is just out of chute is not. Give them time to find their footing, because at the end of the day, we're all on the same team here. Whether ATS Video, ATS Radio, or the web site, we all want to deny ignorance and shine a light on what some people want kept in the dark.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

oh...forget it

edit on 12/28/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You didn't ask for my unsolicited advice, but if you were my son .. I would tell you to always show the utmost respect to any person you are interviewing-esp. if you hope for respectable interviews in the future.

Listen to the person instead of thinking about what you are going to say next, and don't be too focused on you Q cards. After all, you could get an awesome interview from your first Q alone--with good follow-up.

It was your first though, and you will improve. Now you can dry your feet off.

PS~~Good posture is always nice too

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Looks like senator Mike Gravel wont be back in a while.

You will only learn by listening, stop pumping out hot air and listen, you will learn more by listening to those who know more than you, the best reporters can throw a few baits and then listen.

Pity the Mike Gravel interview was hijaked by another "Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!" Jack.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join