It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Mike Gravel Interview Part 1 of 2

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

Here is "Don't Tread on Media's" official first release with Above Top Secret. We were able to get a hold of former US Senator Mike Gravel. He famously read The Pentagon Papers into Congress and was recently involved with the Citizen Hearing On Disclosure.

We sat down with him to talk about UFO's, Aliens, and government in our 2 part video interview.

Here is part 1!

edit on 12-26-2013 by Springer because: Embedded video

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. Mr. Gravel is a good advocate for disclosure.

But, he seems realistic in stating that the government will not tell the truth. Also, it was interesting that he felt we didn't have extensive contact, but feels we know a lot more than we are letting on.

Good video. Look forward to part 2.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Maybe this guy should work for Yahoo because this was on of the most uniformed interviewers of all time. He actually made anything the former Senator said worse because of his lack of professionalism. Getting people to entertain the idea of other intelligent beings existing in our world will not come from this video or anything else the host is tied to.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Hi Notheycant/Josh

That was a good video. Did he say he believes we are being watched by a presence? I was desperate for you to hang onto that phrase and really pick it apart.

Do you mind if I offer you some feedback? I thought you looked nervous, but you have a really nice manner and so I think you might be able to 'push' interviewees a little more without coming over like a rabid zealot. I would guess that a lot of interviewees will be very comfortable talking to you because you are very likeable, so make the most of it!

In the days where many people prefer not to read, this is a positive move from ATS.
Wishing you the very best of luck, and looking forward to part 2.

Best wishes

edit on 26-12-2013 by beansidhe because: Over-punctuation!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Glad to see a video from you guys. I like the questions you were asking particularly the one about wouldn't the "aliens" know that info about them was being suppressed.

Cant wait to see part two and your future videos. Oh and thanks for the reminder that I need to check my youtube subs.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

Yahoo! said I was too edgy. Might get a gig at the Huffington Post

Josh LeCash

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Thank you!

He does believe we are being watched. I probably should have asked him what he meant by the "Presence". I guess I assumed he meant an advanced alien race since we were talking about that.

I was a little nervous I am still new to all of this and I value your constructive criticism.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thank you. You shouldn't be nervous, you're very good. And all credit to you for putting yourself out there. Have more confidence in yourself!

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ummm... That was awful.

I'm not sure how much of that goofing around was actually within earshot of the guest, but wasting the guest's time like that without being well-read on the subject first is unprofessional, to say the least.

Maybe start with interviewing teenage music star wannabees or something. If you're going to represent the huge and diverse community that is ATS, please act like adults, and if you can't show the utmost respect for your guests, don't bother them with your juvenile mental meanderings.

Mod Edit. Paragraph removed

Gravel was gracious, and you wasted his time; the subject of UFOs is worthy of Pulitzer Prize-winning coverage, not making it seem, once again, as only worth ridicule. Did you ever once consider watching the Citizen's Hearing on Disclosure material, before you mentioned it like it was a joke? Have you immersed yourself in the voluminous whistle-blower testimony now coming out (now that some people have outlived their 50 year nondisclosure agreements?) Obviously not. Stay off the topic then, this was embarrassing.
edit on 26/12/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Congratulations on grabbing a great guest for your first official interview.

I like the set
My dads old TV!

I can see there is an extraordinary amount of work on this, it is very much appreciated.

It will get easier and easier, better and better with time. I think of my first radio show and cringe and you are far slicker than my first attempts! ( and still do cringe at my latest )

I like the fresh young feel of it, albeit a little jealous of your age

edit on 26-12-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Agreed! Easily, the first impression I got from this interview was that the Interviewer had not watched a single hour, maybe even a minute, of the Citizen's Hearing on Disclosure. All it seemed to be was general questions, that have already been answered throughout the hearing, but glorified with Mike Gravel through Facetime and a retro set.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nice job getting such a prestigious guest for your first interview, right out of the blocks! Can't wait to see what else is in the pipeline, Josh

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That was awful, terrible.
Apart from the childish, amateurish attitude of the interviewer, he did'nt have much of an idea about the subject.
i mean, first of all the senator mentions he reckons we're being watched by a 'presence' and a couple minutes later says he thinks we're being monitored. And you dont push him on it. There's the meat.
Every question had the word 'government' in it, which leads me to think this was an anti government interview more than aliens/ufo.
Learn about the topic before your interviews and listen to what the interviewee says, and push them...

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just awful!

Now myself and others had a good rant on the announcement thread about this new partnership.

I am not going to go over all of my previous concerns that i raised, just going to focus for now on that video however i hate to say it but...

We told you so.

Anyway for now it think its best to look at some positives first. So kudos on getting a decent first guest but remember this guy has been out of the game so to speak since the 1980's when he lost his seat. Also the video is well presented, looks very slick so a good job on that front.

And now the not so good bits.....

The execution, I fount it cringe-worthy, I felt embarrassed watching it, seemed like Josh didn't have a clue what he was talking about asking at times questions i thought were a little stupid and cliche. Just seemed like Josh's lack of journalistic background was really showing through, not asking follow up questions being a prime example. I really do have to wonder what Josh's background in the alternative media actually is and what he know about UFOlogy before he made this video. It might also have been nice to have seen some questions regarding 9/11 as i know Mike Gravel has something to say about those attacks

((JOSH: Serious question dude, but what if any research did you do before this interview?))

Not only that but it was packed full of child like gags that made no sense in the context of the video, really what must that poor guy be thinking having watched that with josh making fun of him at the end. I am pretty sure there was some kind of Jewish joke in there and also some cursing that was "bleeped". I dont come to ATS for crap comedy. Sorry. i just dont.

I really good comparison to this video would be the ATS Live interview done with Nick pope, also focused on the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure (which josh makes fun of at the start of his video). if you look at the difference in the interviewing style, its one another level, a level i think we members should expect and deserve and a level which Josh's video failed to meet. This is exactly the type of video that has people laughing at the "tin-foil hat nuts"

Just so many things wrong with this, how is this a partnership by the way with ATS and DTOM, the only mention of ATS is a one second flash of the words ATS at the end of the video.

Very few positives i am afraid in summary.

I really hope the mods take note of members feedback regarding this matter and that part 2 of 2 (why not post both parts) is more fitting with ATS standards.
edit on 26-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

NONPOINT21
reply to post by gortex

Maybe this guy should work for Yahoo because this was on of the most uniformed interviewers of all time. He actually made anything the former Senator said worse because of his lack of professionalism. Getting people to entertain the idea of other intelligent beings existing in our world will not come from this video or anything else the host is tied to.

Welcome to the youth of today. Idiocracy was more a depiction what things are fast becoming than a vision of the distant future.

I can't stand to watch or listen to most of these interviews anymore because the vapid young hosts. Network news anchors are a special kind of evil as well.

I miss Art Bell.

Mike Gravel though is a pretty interesting fellow and was a fantastic presidential candidate, who was mocked as an old codger even though he was the only person up there telling the truth. When people started listening the media threw out a story about some incident of being in a hot tub with two women years ago. How that smashes a presidential career in a country with no sense of sexual morality is beyond me. Furthermore why is having sex more of a deal-breaker than being a corporate thief and murderer?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Excellent first time at bat Josh, don't worry about what those who never step into the light and put themselves out there have to say, they are the armchair quarterbacks of the internet.
Negativity breeds in those who never step up, that's why they never step up, ignore it.

Keep doing what you're doing and keep getting better at it.

Springer...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

There are a lot of positives about the first video, and yes, we will be looking for more, but wall-to-wall positivity and back slapping will do absolutely no good at all. What must be embraced is constructive criticism,which is partly what has been offered here. Those of us who offer negative feed back, if you must see it like that, just really want things to improve. It's vital for anyone who puts themselves in front of a camera to take on board comments that should be seen as useful. No-one has said he should stop...a few people have pointed out where he could be better. This should be more gratefully received. We are not armchair "do-nothings" and to suggest so is disrespectful to the members who genuinely care about ATS. And actually, I don't give a stuff about his age, or mine...this is not an age issue, or a generation issue. This is about being good, or not, and working to improve.

Josh, please...you really need to stop this childish clowning about. It has nothing to do with your age...childishness can happen at any chronological age. It makes you look immature and uninformed, and completely unprofessional. Most importantly, it wastes time when you could be talking about much more important stuff. Stop focusing on being edgy, youthful, hip...in essence all those things mean very little. Smart people want really sharp interviews with people who can think on their feet and respond to what comes up in an interview. This is just your first interview...you need to develop and become comfortable with the process, and take feedback onboard.

Yup..sorry...part two has been done.

Ok...I'm going to edit this to add a couple of points. I've watched it all again, and tried to pinpoint what bothers me the most about it. It's like you're headlining...every question you put to him is a headline, but there is no paragraph to follow it up. Like the previous poster who noticed that you didn't pick up on what he said about a presence watching us....that should have been a paragraph, a whole little conversation in the interview on it's own, and would have been fascinating. I appreciate that you were limited for time, and it could easily have been a much longer interview, but still...one or two really meaty points would have been better. And please stop the silly noises....they make me crazy....make me just want to switch off and ignore you.
edit on 27-12-2013 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have to ask, what exactly is the intention with these new videos? Is it supposed to entertain the regulars here? Supposed to bring in masses of new people, and try to suck them in?

To me all the comedic stuff thrown in there seems more like mocking, not "laughing with us, but laughing at us". I can see you not wanting it to be "too dry", but IMO you seem uninformed about the topic you were discussing, and a bit too much comedy for my taste. On the flip side, maybe people like getting their that John Stewart guy might get a kick out of it, I am just not part of that group of people unfortunately.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join