It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Camera Mounted On Turrets On Tanks and BMPs in Syria - Street Combat with Armored Vehicles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bally001

I think it's appalling, The general public doesn't seem to care about the noncombat casualties. Most seem to be impressed with the video quality and the uniqueness of the camera perspective. Meanwhile, there is no telling how many civilians were caught in the blasts. My heart goes out to all those who have been killed and wounded.

Travesty

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'll agree war sucks. If there is any choice, i's better to stay out of it or (if you have that itch to act out violence for some reason) just leave it to video-games.

But does anyone think it's ironic or counter-productive when the tanks go shooting random buildings full of holes? This completely opens up the city to Stalingrad style tactics in favor of the resistance. Now the side without the tanks will have all kinds of new passages with free run through those buildings and all kinds of good places to snipe from without needing to open any windows or break any glass which would give away position. Rubble is also easier to conceal against than the straight edges of structures left intact. And no fear of wrecking anything nice when there's nothing nice left to wreck. Anyone running on foot gains a lot of higher ground which is useful to work with. At least that's my observation, not sure if it counts any.

<< 1   >>

join