It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Christmas message from Edward Snowden - December 25th 4:19pm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gee...I get the distinct feeling that this may just be the only really true and "heartfelt-honest" message I've heard in a long time.

There are pages wirtten about this guy and my personal "verdict" is still out although I lean towards the "hero" side of things...it just may be he's one of the few left that IS telling the truth anymore?

He was willing for whatever reason to pretty much "give up his life" as he knew it...his motives are still kind of unclear to me but I suspect in the years to come, people will know his name.

I also like that he said "Merry Christmas" without even a hesitation as to whether or not it was PC or if he might be "selectively-offending."

I wish I could have a beer with Ed and chat...I wish him a Merry Christmas as well and hope the New Year brings him peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

someoneinnyc
The tragedy in this is that Snowden has essentially given up his life for a cause that no one cares about but one that marks the fall of freedom. No outrage, no protests, no nothing. Our freedoms are eroding out from under us while we watch stupid TV and buy stupid slave made crap. We will get what our disinterest now creates for us in the fascist future unfolding as this post is written and recorded and I'm tagged as a potential threat to companies who don't pay taxes. It's a sad crazy world.

It is a tragedy that nobody seemed to care.
Only once it's too late will people care and say wtf, how did this happen?
To be honest I thought the Orwellian future would be long after I died. It was only during watching coverage of the 911 attacks and it's aftermath with all the new TSA rules, the troops being sent overseas. that I thought to myself and so it begins, this event must have been staged. Nobody was mentioning that back in 2001. It just seemed so apparent it was a good excuse to execute some new rules. The Americans were very supportive believing this was in their best interest to prevent another attack. The fear was planted into all their minds with " the war on terror" gimmick and we just caught another potential attack that was to take place, etc.

By staged I mean it was an inside job. I do not mean it never happened or that innocent people didn't lose their lives

I don't believe bin laden was an actual character., hence his imaginary body being thrown in the sea.

Just my opinion

edit on 26-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

I agree 100%. What we are being taught in school now is to live in a controlled environment, this is how it is. We are not allowed to develop or think there is other ways to get the same results. The TPCG wants to keep us all under a dome. We all are a part of nature and every generation born is suppose to develop into a new change of DNA. TPCG keep saying we need all these shots, meds, so they want to destroy our DNA, so we don't develop into our true nature a Supreme Being. I believe we are being controlled by TPCG which are the falling angels who control how the world governments are run.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

TiVo is a cable service box, which has internet capability, primarily it is for recording and watching cable tv.

The box can download updates etc..
The box can record programmes, all of this information is priceless to understanding the person who uses the box, as it helps to build a profile of the individual.

You don't need to have a camera to spy on someone...infact the best information comes through stealth.
This is what I think Snowden is talking about in his message anyway.

edit on 27-12-2013 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

No matter what people think of Snowden, he and others have proven that humans can not deal with there own technology without abusing it.

This is just surveillance, how close do people think we are to self annihilation with new and horrifying weaponry... chimpanzee with a loaded gun ring any bells ?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

"Why isn't anyone doing anything about it?"

Simple logic out of the mouths of babes - Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You are right and perhaps it's an overstatement to say the no one cares. Some Americans who remember the original constitution care but we are outnumbered by the masses who only care about Miley's tongue. I think other super power govts only care for public relations purposes. Snowden said that govts are working in concert so for some of them to get upset is just for appearances IMHO. Smaller countries are upset that they were not included or do not have the tech to do the same thing. Again, IMHO. Big business is upset because NSA is taking the data for free. If they paid for it, they would sing a different tune. The only saving grace has been the perception that the public would stop using Facebook or Google, if they openly cooperated. But because they can say they didn't openly cooperate and are now encrypting then they look like they are doing the right thing. But now our tax dollars will go to paying for encryption keys. Just my jaded speculation but money rules.

Snowden brought to light what we knew was happening but were too afraid to admit. Most people are still too afraid to really understand the implications and ramifications. Some checks and balances are being examined, lets hope they stick longer than the bank regulations after 2008. Snowden's act may have more impact in the long run as an example of courageous ethics and how much positive influence one person can have. That is the inspiration I find in what he did.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Sadly, he is right. We should all protest.
2nd

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Judge Pauley said that protections under the Fourth Amendment do not apply to records held by third parties, like phone companies.

“Smith’s bedrock holding is that an individual has no legitimate expectation of privacy in information provided to third parties,” Judge Pauley wrote.

Or hospitals, Drs.,lawyers, ect...

These too, are 3rd parties.

link
edit on 27-12-2013 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Some of the comments below the article disgust me even more than the article.
edit on 27-12-2013 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join