It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Christmas message from Edward Snowden - December 25th 4:19pm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here's a cool reminder of what's at stake for our common future, from Ed Snowden:

www.channel4.com...(Video Link)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The video doesn't want to play for me. Could you give some information on what he has to say?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

We learned that our governments are tracking us in every possible ways, tv's are spying on us. Lets think about what this means for our future, every child born today won't have any concept of privacy, privacy is what allows us to be different and think freely. Lets end mass surveillance, Merry Christmas.

A quick summary

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Better not comment as someone might be watching...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

MrMaybeNot
reply to post by nugget1

We learned that our governments are tracking us in every possible ways, tv's are spying on us. Lets think about what this means for our future, every child born today won't have any concept of privacy, privacy is what allows us to be different and think freely. Lets end mass surveillance, Merry Christmas.

A quick summary

[/quote

Umm...that's pretty old news. I just thought you might be bring up new information that hasn't been in the news before now.
edit on 300000099America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"He knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

It's a merry christmas message after all, he doesn't need to bring out new information everytime he speaks out and I don't need new information to author a thread, especially on Christmas day.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

It's a merry christmas message after all, he doesn't need to bring out new information everytime he speaks out and I don't need new information to author a thread, especially on Christmas day.

Well, that's certainly true enough! Thank you for putting me in my place!

If your going to re-hash everything all over again, you could at least give us a heads up so we could choose whether or not we want to rehash it, too.
Happy New Year, and thanks for the re-run.
edit on 30000001111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE
"He knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

The clausometer is gettin' a bit low...

Help Santa make it back home and SINNNNGGGG!!!!

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." Buddy the Elf

Buddy: I'm singing/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!/I'm in a store and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!
Gimbel's Manager: HEY! There's no singin' in the North Pole!
Buddy: Yes there is!

edit on 26-12-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Here is the video on utube.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So do they really spy through TV's?
This is one I didn't really believe
Can somebody refresh me briefly how this is done?
edit on 26-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Thanks Bluemoon; much appreciated!
I just wish he had more to say.
edit on 4u33America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

violet

You got TiVo?

Smart t.v's have internet capability, oh and everyone's favourite...X-Box.

My favourite part of Snowdens speech, was when he spoke of the ability to analzye us, just like criminal profiling I guess.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by bluemooone2

Thanks Bluemoon; much appreciated!
I just wish he had more to say.
edit on 4u33America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

What more is there to say?

We know the truth, yet as a collective, we fail to act, myself included.

I have just shown the speech to my 10 year old, who promptly asked...Why isn't anyone doing anything about it?

Bless him, he thinks we should all protest.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The tragedy in this is that Snowden has essentially given up his life for a cause that no one cares about but one that marks the fall of freedom. No outrage, no protests, no nothing. Our freedoms are eroding out from under us while we watch stupid TV and buy stupid slave made crap. We will get what our disinterest now creates for us in the fascist future unfolding as this post is written and recorded and I'm tagged as a potential threat to companies who don't pay taxes. It's a sad crazy world.

Merry Christmas, Edward Snowden. I wish for you a well and safe new year. The real meaning and worth of your act of outrageous courage and sacrifice will not be for naught but will ripen in the future. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

someoneinnyc
The tragedy in this is that Snowden has essentially given up his life for a cause that no one cares about but one that marks the fall of freedom. No outrage, no protests, no nothing. Our freedoms are eroding out from under us while we watch stupid TV and buy stupid slave made crap. We will get what our disinterest now creates for us in the fascist future unfolding as this post is written and recorded and I'm tagged as a potential threat to companies who don't pay taxes. It's a sad crazy world.

Merry Christmas, Edward Snowden. I wish for you a well and safe new year. The real meaning and worth of your act of outrageous courage and sacrifice will not be for naught but will ripen in the future. Thank you.

I wouldn't say nobody cares and I think that he has a LOT more to show us. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It must be released in a controlled manner in order to keep it in the news and to get people talking. If it was all released at one time it could easily be swept under the rug and blown over in a month.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

solargeddon

violet

You got TiVo?

Smart t.v's have internet capability, oh and everyone's favourite...X-Box.

My favourite part of Snowdens speech, was when he spoke of the ability to analzye us, just like criminal profiling I guess.

I don't know what TiVo is, so no I don't have that. I have PVR or DVR if that's what it means.
I do t have an xbox or any other game thing.
I don't think I have a smart tv that connects to the Internet. I have Apple TV on my bedroom tv, it runs off Internet, as does my DVD player, 'cause it has YouTube and Netflix.

I did some googling on it and it showed having a camera on the tv. As far as I know there is no camera. My tv isn't new, got it around 2009. Unless there's hidden cameras in my digital cable box?

Thanks for your reply

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Merry Christmas Edward, Wishing you and everyone a safe, happy and private 2014

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Have always liked the C4 alternative Christmas Message, **** the Queen's Speech.

I thought his message was fantastic.

Can't see why anyone would complain in this thread.

Perhaps if you're not British you wouldn't quite get why the message was being broadcast to the nation, but either way, you could appreciate the content.

This or the Queen people... this or the queen?
edit on 26/12/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join