It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A War For Your Mind

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yeah, that main reason why I don't subscribe to the Demons and Reblood groups any more. They are all in it together to control your thoughts. Stern and Ventura 2016! Wouldn't be a boring moment in the white house at all.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree, I have been coming on this forum off an on for sometime now to see what the latest alt news is and to just get a feel for what is going on in general behind the scenes because this place, in my opinion, is the only place where I feel I can get to the bottom of whatever news or conspiracies are floating around the net. I have a lot of respect for this site and would hate to see the members on here suffer the same dualistic/polar fate that the rest of the world seems to be choking on. Everyone is so aligned to a certain philosophy or idea about life that they are closing their minds up to potentially truthful information and bickering among-st each other while TPTB pull the rug out from under all of us. So let us all try to have more patients with each other, and if we come to a scenario where we just cannot see eye to eye, then just agree to disagree and move on with our day.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

They are attempting to keep us all busy arguing with their agents of ignorance, all the while, they are hiding behind the scenes with the 'big master plans'. They know that if we were ever to pool our resources and intellect together, it would be game-over. So, they keep us divided, and fighting amongst ourselves,

I think that is exactly what is, and has been, going on.

If we ever do come together - all of us - we will be completely unstoppable - and they know it.

Why else would they be trying so hard? If we weren't a threat, they wouldn't waste their time.

If even one person starts to question, it is all worth it. Bad things can spread - but so can good things.

Thank you for the thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

NullVoid
Anti conspiracy participant on a conspiracy website, how convenient, where do they come from ?

Now, I just make jokes, its easier to do that. I do get out to smoke occasionally and coffee is on the table all the time. The reason I stay on ATS is, sometime we get different view on things and of course, occasional blurry 70x20 pixel UFO on 2048whatever pixel pics..

To answer your question, I'd say that even those that are "anti-conspiracy participants" may come on here for the same reasons that you do--to share opinions. As a former moderator on another board, although I do know that various forms of paid posters do exist, that doesn't necessarily make the existence of someone with an opposing position one of those paid posters. In fact, there were several posters on that board that came from yet another board whose theme was debunking the subject being discussed on both boards from two opposing positions (alternative v. accepted). These people, some of whom I came to know very well, weren't paid to do it. They were just simply what I would call "armchair enthusiasts" with a passion for history.

Look at it this way, ATS has a huge variety of subjects that it discusses. If someone is "into" some subject, regardless of position, then odds are, they may feel compelled to engage in discourse here either as an agreeing or disagreeing voice. If we removed all those with a contrary opinion from ATS, then what would we lose? The discourse would absolutely suffer because when the discourse is actually hitting the key points of an issue and one side presents a better argument, then it either a. shows where the weakness to a proposition exists and/or b. may hit on something closer to the truth. Leaving it without any form of debunking could provide a sense of false consensus or proposition. Make sense?

As far as some of the curious affiliations that conspiracy board moderators/owners may have, these people could be paid to be here, that is true, or they could, through their former experiences, have come to determine that a site such as this is necessary for the proper vetting of some of what they witnessed themselves. If we have the existence of whistle blowers such as Drake, Binney or Snowden, who went to an extreme to voice their complaints/concerns about governmental activities, then isn't it within human diversity that a sort of Drake light may choose to walk away from their career without an exposure but participate here for their own personal beliefs? I see a lot of threads citing former government employees as sources but yet, when such a person exists on a moderation team or as a site owner, that becomes potentially nefarious. That's a rather disparate treatment of perhaps similar types of individuals.

These are just my thoughts on the subject, which I have spent a lot of time thinking about over the past 10 years and long before ever setting foot on ATS due to my past experiences. Is there a war on for our minds? Absolutely, more than ever. All one has to do is compare US editions with international editions of major news sites to see the massive degree of difference in subject matter being presented for both arenas. That terrifies the hell out of me because the last time I saw that was in the USSR. I don't like that at all. Are there going to be people paid for their opinions? Absolutely though 10 years ago (post 9/11) on the site that I was on, it was a very small percentage of posters that were paid and some that were those "armchair enthusiasts". The presence of both makes sense to me because if there is a war on for our minds, then, logically, this would be one of its battlegrounds on the net.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
One of the issues we face that is both blessing and curse is the unprecedented access to human knowledge, history, and ideas. DIFFERENT ideas, religions, sciences, philosophical systems, etc., than the ones we were taught in our families, schools and churches.

It puts me in mind of the Roman Empire at the height of its development, when so many different cultures were pushed together and made accessible. One of the responses to that information "glut" was the many varied expressions of Gnosticism, which were all subjective rather than objective attempts to assimilate so many different ideas.

To the orthodox mind, the Gnostics all seem to believe something different: where as the idea, put simplistically was "know your own mind - find your own truth."

And that is as dangerous an idea to the autonomy of all societal power structures as any ever conceived.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything

Main reason why America was born. Plain and Simple, nothing more and certainly nothing less. Our forefathers STOOD up against the heavy handed rule of inhumanity...that was only 200+years ago..

There are those who have said this very same thing, and been sensationalized as 'shills, straw-man, etc.." they have used this very same title as yours, posted article after article with links to MSM sources, pointing out it being reported from MSM sources themselves. Then labeled, 'nut-case, CIA plant, blah blah blah' ..

Part of the issue(s) is, what is the truth? The real truth? A search within myself for a few decades, have come to the conclusion that some i know are truths within me, that I will go to my grave for. Some truths are self-evident. where have I heard ...that before...? I wounder how that term actually came to be.. ?

I hear what you're saying, this I know. Nefarious elements within this sight, ARE here, whether we want them to be or not. This isn't a big surprise, as some of us here have seen them come and go; quite funny actually, as if they try and hide who they are.

It is being used for purposes other than what the owner & management would want, regardless of how much they won't believe it is or is not; even when they are not involved in it at all. My heart goes out to them for this very purpose.

Who are they? Well, as ancient manuscript has stated before, "what which is hidden, will be shouted on the rooftops" has it not already?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Begin with the following assumption - everything you know is wrong.

1. There is no need to ban books if no one reads them
2. There is no need to hide truth if it is lost in a sea of irrelevance
3. There is no need to destroy cultural freedoms, just make them trivial
4. Don't fight revolutionaries, distract them
5. Do not control by inflicting pain, control by inflicting pleasure
6. We are far more likely to be ruined by love than hate

All the answers are contained in the 6 principium.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And then there is Zero Mind where time and space good and evil never existed.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HanoiLullaby

A star for your first five points. The sixth is redundant, I think, and besides love and hate are equally ruinous to the unprepared mind.

I am still unclear as to the purpose of this thread, though. It seems many people agree that there's a war going on for their minds, yet they don't want to discuss who is fighting over them. Very strange.

In war, commerce and politics, those who have something desired by others are in a position of advantage; they can play the contending parties off against one another to their advantage. If there is a war on for our minds, why aren't we doing this? Why don't we profit from our own desirability?

I do wish somebody would explain.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I am still unclear as to the purpose of this thread, though. It seems many people agree that there's a war going on for their minds, yet they don't want to discuss who is fighting over them. Very strange.

If you still haven't figured out who is 'fighting over our minds'; then the point of this thread is lost on you.

"He who controls the media; controls the mind."

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I concur. Here here. S&F.

People are much smarter than the shrill shills and obsessive debunkers would given them credit, however.

I always post with the belief that anyone else is equally capable of the same level of evaluative discernment that i am.

Truth to "power", although the only power is empowering, because what you describe in terms of the twisting and "honey potting" of truth isn't power at all and after all what is power if not the power to choose, and to sift and weight evidence, information and phenomenon under the rational lens of objective scrutiny and analysis.

That which hurts, instructs.
~ Ben Franklin

There are two kinds of "spinners" then, those who knowingly bend and twist the truth for hidden purposes in alignment with the "PTB" and those who are merely too cowardly to see things as they really are.

All manner of corruption is coming into the light and there's nowhere in darkness for darkness to hide.

But as the beast is chained with truth and reason, double-bound by logic and cast into the abyss, it will shriek and fail around for a while, and that's to be expected, it's part of the process. Thus the backlash, the wailing.

So it's not just the watchers and the observers and the spinners of truth and reason, in the info and psychological war for our minds, for whom "honey pots" like ATS

"A honey pot, in intelligence jargon, is a tempting source of information or 'dangle' that is set out to lure intended victims into a trap. Ultimately the honey pot is violently and maliciously discredited so as to destroy the credibility of anything stuck to it by association”

– Michael Ruppert, "Crossing the Rubicon"

are sought out as an object of ridicule, but we the creative ones with the lens of reason and discernment who have placed the watchers and the spinners and twisters, under observation, making known to one and all their machinations and pathetic attempts at distraction and obfuscation, for all the world to see.

Their reactions and responses are the real test here, whereby the truth wins out.

Let us therefore watch closely as the beast of evil and wickedness and corruption is double-bound in the chains of reason and logic, thrashes and shrieks as it falls headlong into the abyss which means oblivion. Nothing it wrapped up and thrown away however before it's fully "grokked" and perceived clearly for what it was and represented.

Oh but to be the fool who wishes to aid or guard it or give it comfort and protection - woe to they who stand knowingly on the wrong side of history and for all the wrong reasons, some can be excused for having allowed their minds to be hijacked, but not all. There are all kinds here at ATS but as in the real world, few are truly wicked in their awareness and knowledge and intent of the will. They do exist though.

Therefore it's best when presenting our information and ideas that we bear in mind only, the broad and general cognitive skills and the sheer genius of the average Joe who knows when he sees truth telling, or deception, and who like us can read between the lines between the lines whereby everything that most everyone says has a meaning and a significance which tells the tale. It reminds me of that saying that says "your character shouts so loudly that i cannot hear what you are saying". Nothing is truly hidden, imho and from what i can tell.

People know, they're smart. The spirit is with many and it's intelligence is without measure. I have faith in that power, that intellect.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Let us observe the observers observing themselves being observed, and failing, and shift the arrow of the psy-op, in truth telling, even in spite of it all, that's what i suggest.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 26-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33

VeritasAequitas
If only I was allowed to out these agents of ignorance on this board without fear of reprisal from the moderators...

I don't know if it's maybe me, and my bull# meter, but you guys are so obvious it's just plain stupid...
edit on 26-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

I feel you there. I wish there was just one forum that was not moderated, so people could say what they think without any repercussions.

Great thread, by the way.

Interesting idea but just visit "Craigslist" Rants and Raves to see what it looks like.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If you still haven't figured out who is 'fighting over our minds'; then the point of this thread is lost on you.

"He who controls the media; controls the mind."

The point of the thread is certainly lost on me. Are you saying people are fighting for control over the media? That would be a bit pointless, wouldn't it? Anyone is free to start up a web site, magazine, broadcasting service or newspaper, so why fight over the ones that already exist?

Why won't you answer my question? Are you afraid? Of whom?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
if they are fighting for my mind they are fighting a losing battle it aint worth having

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wow...there is a God, Lol...Great Post...so many things to say here but i have a life with a job and i'm tired so im not gonna blast them like they would...but really...just try asking them simple "down to earth" questions that's how you win the debate(not that i try to win with morons who never shut up anyway)..they have no response to it other than to try name calling you or giving you a "political" answer. Or they just disappear when they know they need to close their mouth and keep it closed. I wonder if these are real people or just robots..they are possibly the dumbest people you can come across the internet. Maybe we should just ignore them..where we talk amongest ourselves in our own threads and they can talk about how everything is "normal" in their threads I guarantee you they will either stop all together, or their talk will decrease dramatically because they will be the ones who appear to be foolish and crazy. I mean how stupid are you when you run your mouth saying "chemtrails are a conspiracy" when i can grab you by the neck and point up to the sky and make you look up so you can see them for yourself? because after all a video that i post isn't good enough quality to convince them...well gheez if it was good quality, then i guess it's CGI or photoshop...ive really had enough of them.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

It was an analogy mixed with a bit of symbolism...

The media represents knowledge; or it is supposed to, however the media of today is most certainly controlled by powerful and wealthy people, who suppress real knowledge.

There are many forms of media, including social media. Everything is being watched; we have spies at ATS.. Those who control the mass of information in knowledge do indeed control the mind.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You may want to take a look at this thread here.
Proof of scripted MSM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ever sense man could reason, there has always been a war for the minds of others. This is nothing new. It is as archaic as the wheel, fire, or even the cotton gin.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I feel the same way as you AND Buddha!

We should just accept the general idea that we are being lied to about pretty much everything, so that might be a good starting point when going through your daily life. The uber rich run the world and keep us in this cultural status quo because we don't know any other way. As McKenna said "culture is our enemy" and when the powers that be (that includes this website) spoon feeds us our culture and we become dependent on it (either through laziness or fear) we lose our ability to reach our potential because culture is a box we are forced to conform to one way or another.

I don't pray to God because He is not going to help us, I pray to the other world people who hopefully are filled with compassion and since we are not a natural species our creators will give us a little help like they did a long time ago when they taught us civil codes, architecture, healing, math, animal domestication, agriculture, etc. All they need to do is give us a way to get off oil and I think THAT would solve probably 99% of our problems but a website ain't one. hahaha

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas[...] have been infiltrated by people with ulterior motives rather than 'denying ignorance' and discussing conspiracy theories. These kind of people tend to be more oriented towards ridicule, name-calling, demonizing, perpetrators of ad hominem attacks, and feigned ignorance so as to promote the current paradigm of ignorance. These suspects also give the air of authority as if they are more knowledgeable on every other subject than you are by referring you back to the propaganda of the Machine.

You fall prey to a common mistake: clan thinking.

Because we always greatly benefit from being part of a clan (group) we tend to see a clan behind any person. But it is nonsense: there is no 'secret clan' that I know of that say congregates each thursday to decide whom to attack, where to infiltrate next and where to feign ignorance. You're greatly overestimating ATS's importance, I'm afraid.

What you see in here is simply human nature. Whenever more than a few gather, there will be various points of view. And if your point of view abhors somebody else, he or she will tell you so. And to make it absolutely clear to everybody else those abhorred will often use strong language. Human nature, that's all.

Free advice: if your biggest enemy says you have a lovely wife, doubt his intentions, not his observation.

edit on 27-12-2013 by ForteanOrg because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join