It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPS Ruins Christmas For Many

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, you can go on the religious forums and post all you want about Jesus's birthday, materialism in today's world, perspective, etc. That's not what this thread is about.

I'm going to "go there" because Christmas seems to bring out the worst in posters on ATS: Not everybody is a Christian. Christianity hijacked the winter solstice celebration and overlaid Jesus' birthday on it.

This is not about materialism, it is about a company who made promises, charged a lot for it, and then failed miserably. Can you not see that? Did you not read where I said that I sent a present for a dear friend and I wanted this friend to have this gift, and I ordered in PLENTY OF TIME? I guess not. It was not about me getting anything. It was about friendship and gift giving, and I put my trust in a company which blew it big time. It wasn't just "a thousand packages" either.

Go post all you want on your own thread about things which have nothing to do with the issue at hand, and spare us the bible thumping. What would Jesus do? Certainly not what you're doing, Flyers.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

UPS can suck it for all I care. I paid a lot of money to get 3 day delivery and I ordered weeks before Christmas and do you know when I got my package? MONDAY! Which was completely pointless since it was for my husband who went back overseas for work Monday morning.

They jacked their rates up and GUARANTEED items would be delivered on time well things weren't and I got ripped off with shipping. I am not happy at all. I want my money back all $90 of it. Of course I won't get it back they will just say "oh sorry we were too busy" and move on.

I don't care if it's the holidays, if they were getting overwhelmed they shouldn't have guaranteed packages and they sure as hell shouldn't have price gouged shipping rates either.

I pay a service via Amazon for PRIME shipping which is TWO DAY free shipping and I got one package a WEEK after I ordered and the dumb driver tossed it on my porch knocking over my vase and cracking it so no I'm not happy with UPS in any way shape of form. If they can't meet the demands DONT make promises or hire people who can handle the load.

As for the weather issues in some areas, well there isn't much you can do about it but I'm in FL and when i see my item sitting in Orlando for DAYS with no movement via tracking on both FedEx and UPS well there is no excuse there.

I've seen people tell those upset to "order sooner" well why should they when they PAY a lot of money to get an item next day via UPS who GUARANTEES it to be there. I mailed out cookies to a friend and paid far too much in shipping for the item and it was still late even though I paid for 3 day shipping. They wanted $100 for next day!! I ship packages all the time and have NEVER EVER paid that much. It is disgusting that these companies charged more for holiday shipping but couldn't handle the load. They should reimburse everyone who didn't get their packages on time. Don't make guarantees if you can't keep them.

I've seen this before. They don't care. They got their money so why should they care if you get your item on time or not? They don't! It didn't matter when you ordered an item. I know people who ordered at the end of November that are STILL waiting for packages. UPS/FedEx screwed up big time.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have a lot of experience with shipping. Both current and past. I personally did over $500,000 worth of shipping a year.

I am a big fan of USPS. They are the cheapest and the most reliable with the least breakage.

Then FedEx. Then DHL, then UPS.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by FlyersFan

When you charge someone for a specific service, and you fail to deliver, you do not blame the customer.

THANK YOU. The entire posting on UPS's FB page was full of employees blaming customers, getting all religious and preachy, and claiming that ordering was done way too late. The PR issue they have is just beginning, as they're now telling me via email that the company I ordered from "issued the tracking number but never actually gave the package to be picked up". Good Lord, this is turning insane. Yet I have an email from the company I bought from (a world class company, BTW), stating that it was shipped on the 17th, with a tracking number.

Now UPS is blaming the company. Nice.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Mister_Bit
Simple answer..

ORDER EARLIER!!!

"Lets blame everyone else except ourselves for leaving things until last minute..."

I and most of my friends are couriers and we work 15 hours+ shifts, with no break, non stop, daily to deliver your crap.

It's your job, Skippy. I ordered in plenty of time. If you work for a company that cannot handle the logistics of their service, it is not the customer's fault.

If you do not like what you do for a living, then switch to something else. No wonder so many people end up with packages that are bent, smashed, and stuff inside is damaged. Y'all have an attitude and throw the stuff around.

Again, it is your job. Switch careers if you hate the people you deliver for so much. You're not doing it for charity, but for a paycheck, so quit being a martyr.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Someone ordered something a bit late (the Saturday Morning before Christmas), when they ordered they were not expecting to get their package in the mail before Christmas, I shipped USPS 2-3 day priority on the Saturday afternoon before Christmas and their package was delivered Christmas Eve.

There is no excuse for UPS!!
edit on 26-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

FOX News scrolling ticker at the bottom of the TV, just now, UPS blaming weather and TOO MANY CUSTOMERS for non delivery of shipments. BS! Blame it on the customers doesn't cut it in my book. I ship approx. 10 to 20 packages a week for my little business. I use only USPS Priority Mail. Every single package was tracked and delivered within the time frame I paid for. I had heavy ordering for Christmas. Even packages I mailed for last minute orders, made it on time.

Believe me, I track every single package I ship via automatic email notifications the USPS mail system sends me each and every time a package is scanned in it's journey to the recipient. Yet, UPS packages shipped to me by vendors, many times have been up to a week or more late. When I've tried to track them on the UPS site...it will show as the shipment sitting somewhere for days on end. Sometimes only 3 hours from my home, yet I can't go pick it up. They won't let you do that. Only the shipper can redirect the shipment and how it's delivered. I've told some vendors I will have to find other places to shop unless they can offer any alternate method of me receiving my orders. UPS corporate has some serious problems.

The drivers I have no problem with. It's the cluster**** on the corporate level that creates the problems. The satisfaction of the customer is not their goal. Bottom line profits drives this broken machine.

Des

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Wow. How awful! But you nailed it right on the head, Mblah.....they take your money, charge a fortune, and then don't give a rat's ass what happens after that point. It is unacceptable, and things, for some odd reason, really got messed up this year. Badly. It may take months for people to get their money back...if ever....UPS is working "diligently" to do damage control over this. If they had been as diligent over their actual job as they are about controlling the flow of information and now not allowing people to post on their FB page without divulging a lot of personal information, then they wouldn't be in this mess, and people wouldn't be so angry.

Don't make promises that you cannot keep. UPS wrote a huge check that cannot be cashed now, and they want to blame it on the people who came to them in good faith and paid their exorbitant fees for a "guaranteed delivery". There is usually rough weather this time of year, and yes, I understand delays based on that.

I almost want to say that something happened with their computer system......a hacking perhaps? Whatever it is, UPS is in deep doo over this mess and you know damned well they don't want to give anybody's money back.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next week or so.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
FOX News doing a huge story on the problems now. Saying that UPS has lied about the number of packages they claimed were delayed. It's a wide spread issue in 16 states. Thousands of packages not delivered in time.

WOW On Fox, they are reading a statement from UPS that they will REFUND shipping to those who paid for guaranteed delivery!

Let's see if that happens. Fission, file your claim now...it's gonna be a long long line...

Des

edit on 26-12-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, if they have "too many customers", then they need to explain that there is a backlog and that they cannot guarantee on time shipping....or even, if it'll get there at all. So yeah, it is all about profits, rather than customer service.

The UPS driver we have out here is a good guy, I like him. He doesn't have a crappy attitude like some of them. It's a shame I'll never see him again, because I will never use UPS in the future.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

In my particular issue, UPS claims that they never received the package to begin with, there's just a tracking number. But for everybody else who got screwed, I hope they file a claim ASAP!!

Thanks for the head's up on the news story....I think this is bigger than they're letting on. If you're looking for a stock to short, UPS is the one. Their stock is already down a bit today.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'm just glad that the news is coming out, that you were right that there was a problem. Not, that you and other people didn't ship early enough, because I know you did ship 2 weeks early.

And to those who berated the OP with quips of what would Jesus have done. He wouldn't have used UPS...jmoho.

And update from Fox News just now. Amazon who uses UPS is now going to refund shipping PLUS a $20 credit towards future purchases. Do you know how many people have to be pissed off for Amazon to make that mea culpa offer? A LOT!

Amazon only represents a portion of UPS deliveries....add all the people who ordered from other vendors, and those who shipped directly with UPS. It's ugly and getting uglier.

Des

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here's partially why stuff shows up all messed up, if it gets there at all. I blame the management for overworking these dudes to the point of being complete and total jerks. Looks like this video is from Texas. They toss packages like they're throwing out garbage.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Go post all you want on your own thread about things which have nothing to do with the issue at hand, and spare us the bible thumping. What would Jesus do? Certainly not what you're doing, Flyers.

FissionSurplus: ask yourself one question: WHY all the hate...?

Looks to me like you've got religion and truth confused...

Are you actually interested at all in the truth?

Does denying ignorance mean nothing anymore on ATS?

I'm not one to be PC but for ONCE I have to totally agree with SkepticOverlord here:

SkepticOverlord
Many topics throughout ATS are overrun with hateful intolerance. Deference to another's beliefs, world-view, ideology, politics, or lack thereof is becoming a rare, if not extinct, commodity. The compulsion to point out critical fault, often in an insulting way, in another's beliefs, politics, ideology or lack thereof is increasing with reckless abandon.

If we can't turn the tide here on our beloved ATS and represent to the world a unique collection of people, who all think differently but represent the gold standard for deference in discourse, what hope do we have?

Is There Hope?

But maybe there's hope. Let's see if there is. I want to challenge our members to stow their animosity for beliefs not their own in one area for one week: Religion.

Let's stand down from the religiously-inspired bickering and give each other the gift of silence.

Let's extend goodwill toward those we used to engage in heated debate.

Let's show hope for a new year.

One week, starting now.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh baloney. We are talking about the failings of a business in a completely secular area of the forum. You and others are trying to pursue a religious bent on this topic, taking it off topic.

I think YOU are the one that should be taking SO's advice. Be a good steward of your faith by not interjecting it where it is not needed, wanted, or logical. For there to be religious tolerance, we would need to have a religious conversation. Since we are not, the request for you to stay on topic is merely factual.

ETA: I should add: this post isn't hate either. It is me bluntly telling you that you are full of baloney. But nice baloney, because I don't hate you. Even if your avatar is against TAC.
edit on 12262013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I see nothing hateful about Fission's Thread. If you turn on the news now, you'll see for yourself, a lot of other people are upset they were charged good hard earned money, for a service promised, and not delivered.

Are you castigating the OP for having a real, stressful experience? Are you now suggesting that ATS is not the place to present social issues that have affected thousands of people. I call that censorship.

Des

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No, it is "hate" because FS plainly stated that there was no religion angle to be had in this thread. Murgatroid apparently thinks that SO's thread means that the religious should be able to pull any thread they wish off topic by discussing their religion. And by asking them to not spam with religious content, it is apparently "hate". LOL...the world we live in.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

My own issue with them is just confirmation that I am actually experiencing what the news is referring to.

Oh I didn't think you were ranting, sorry if I came across as accusational.

I hope they let us know what it turns out to be. I know they are still having issues.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Looks to me like you've got religion and truth confused...

Hmmm...since this is NOT a thread about religion, I felt that you tried to derail my thread with a religious discussion, which has no place here.

That is why we have a religion forum. Please, feel free to post on there about your love for Jesus and your fellow man......or how Jesus's birthday has become a decadent, shameful display of greed and materialism.

I HATE thread derailment. Can you understand that? If you have a comment related specifically to package delivery or what happened to UPS, I will address that, gladly. If you want to start a fight about religion, I will not indulge you. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I know BFFT. The only forum I've not seen this attempt to make everything a religious issue, is the food forum. Apparently there is nothing in the bible regarding Jesus' cooking habits.

I'm glad Fission started this thread, as the updates on refunds to people news is being posted here. It may help someone else in the same predicament who may be reading this thread. It will save them a lot of time, and hopefully help them get their money back.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join