It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPS Ruins Christmas For Many

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

In reading the opening thread, you would almost think that the poster never heard of the term "bad weather delays." When he finally makes that discovery I suppose we can expect another thread about that aspect of the "system" breaking down.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I use USPS (United States Postal Service) whenever possible at work for shipping smaller items. And USPS takes any package under 75 pounds.

EVERYTHING was early to our customers. NOTHING was late.

Even my international sales went right on time even though that was not the fault of the post office since there is more than one carrier involved.

That said, Christmas shouldn't really be about gifts. I had a wonderful Christmas day with my husband, and even if we had not exchanged gifts it STILL would have been perfect.

edit on 26-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yep, I had something that was shipped UPS, due Dec. 24, and it didn't come. I just checked the tracking link this morning and it shows that it is on the truck out for delivery today. To be fair, I have to say that I have used UPS many, many times over the years, and I have never had any problems with delivery on time, with this one exception. I'm not really upset about it, as long as it doesn't continue to happen.

I do agree about the silly comments from the UPS employees. If we are supposed to not be so superficial and remember that this is Christ's birthday, then I think UPS should make it a new policy to refrain from charging any shipping fees during Christmas, in Jesus' honor.

I, for one, am looking forward to when Amazon starts using drones to deliver packages. Order it online and get it on your doorstep in 30 minutes? Awesome.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I paid for 2 day UPS shipping on the 17th, guaranteed by the 19th, and did not get my package until the 23rd so that was....4 DAYS, late. My package came from Florida to North Carolina too!!! No weather problems related to that one except for some rain.......

I think that everyone needs a refund from UPS. Hopefully families will understand. But damn, if you sell items or are a small business person, the customer will remember it being your business association and it being late
Not good for business when its the delivery carriers fault!!

In the Ops situation, there is no weather, route or excuse for its disappearance. And for the religious folks, okay so the gifts are not the most important thing, I realize that aspect for you but remember, not everyone is a Christian and this is not what this post is about. Its about the promise from a company that failed. Period.

Maybe they are rerouting our packages to the NSA or something, maybe there was a terrorist plot they got wind of. I am sure we may never really know, especially if other carriers are not having these issues. It sure makes you wonder doesn't it??

People really do need to start voting with their wallets more often!! AND OH I went to the FB website to post and I was not allowed to unless I verified WHO I WAS by giving them my phone number?????

NO THANKS!!!!
edit on 26-12-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yeah, when something is perishable, they should take good care of it. What if someone gets food poisoning from eating it when it arrives. Neither UPS nor the company who ships it is liable. I would not accept it myself when it arrives and file a claim for the value of it plus the shipping costs.

My daughter had a bike shipped from a UPS certified shipping company and it got damaged, there was definite signs on the box. It was dropped off with no signature required, I unpacked it and brought it down there. UPS did nothing, they said the bike may not have been packed right. They would not cover the sixty dollars to pay to have it repaired. It was sent insured and the company she had pack it also had insurance on their packing. UPS caused the problem and they would not pay so the packing company sent her a check for forty bucks three months later, their insurance would not pay because they said it was UPS's fault.

This reminds me of a museum here. A drunk kid ran through a gate and hit the porch, knocking it apart. The kid did not have insurance because he was not authorized to drive the vehicle and the insurer of the building would not pay because it was the responsibility of the car insurance to pay. A year later and the museum was not fixed, no insurances would pay. This is a big insurance scam that is running in this country, it seems the insurance companies should be duking it out and the building insurance should have paid. Deny all coverage and blame it on someone else.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
So what's the percentage of delayed packages?

TV news is reporting that it was about a thousand packages.
If it's just a thousand ... then I'd say UPS did rather well.
And those folks with late packages should have ordered earlier than they did.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Then UPS should CLEARLY state that if you order past a certain point, there are no guarantees that your package will be delivered on time. Do they say that anywhere? If they do, then you are correct. Something tells me that if they don't currently have that legal caveat, they certainly will next year.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I'm just saying people should shop earlier than they do ... JUST IN CASE. UPS may or may not have screwed up but if people would shop earlier, they wouldn't have to worry about it. Shop early. Have an early delivery date (a few weeks before Christmas). Then you can sit back and relax and not worry about someone else getting your package to the destination on time. Always give yourself some 'wiggle room' incase something goes wrong.

My free common sense advice to anyone who wants it.
Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

FlyersFan

I'm just saying people should shop earlier than they do ... JUST IN CASE. UPS may or may not have screwed up but if people would shop earlier, they wouldn't have to worry about it. Shop early. Have an early delivery date (a few weeks before Christmas). Then you can sit back and relax and not worry about someone else getting your package to the destination on time. Always give yourself some 'wiggle room' incase something goes wrong.

My free common sense advice to anyone who wants it.
Merry Christmas.

Well, there were plenty of people who ordered a few weeks ahead who still didn't get their stuff by the guaranteed delivery date. UPS definitely screwed up this time, no doubt about that.

My common sense advice to businesses out there - never guarantee something you might not be able to deliver. Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is NOT what this thread is really about though.
The OP placed an edible order WEEKS ago, to a route without weather problems and it literally disappeared and cannot even be tracked. I myself had a late delivery, its about policy and moral standards. A company better not GUARANTEE delivery and charge exorbitant amounts of money for that if they cannot deliver. Everyone deserves a refund period, but UPS is acting like you are, blaming it on everyone and anything else. Shop earlier bla bla bla, it was the weather etc etc....Fed Ex isn't having a problem, and neither is USPS. This thread is NOT about being materialist. That is not the issue here. Something is fishy. UPS is having a major problem and are not taking any responsibility when they should.

And its more than just a thousand customers. I personally already know 5 in just one day without trying.

edit on 26-12-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Starwise
but UPS is acting like you are, blaming it on everyone and anything else. Shop earlier bla bla bla, it was the weather etc etc....

Snotty. I made a polite common sense statement. Your response is uncalled for.

This thread is NOT about being materialist.

Odd statement. I never said it was.

Like I said ... the TV news is reporting that a thousand or so packages were late. If that's all, then it isn't a major issue like some are making it out to be. Sometimes there are weather issues. Sometimes there are surprise volume issues. And companies are run by people. Sometimes they make mistakes. It happens.

Lesson learned. Order early. Ship early. Common sense. It's a high volume season and there are only so many people who can process the packages and if a surprise high volume happens, like this year, there will be a few delays.

In the scheme of things ... considering what is happening in the world ... getting a Christmas gift on December 26th instead of December 25th is NO BIG DEAL. For those of you who are so uptight about it ... go read this and readjust your 'priority and/or importance' meter.
15 Iraqi Christians Killed in Christmas Car Bombing ... 28 others injured
The bomb was targeted on Christians celebrating Jesus birth.

edit on 12/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

UPS Ruins Christmas For Many

And now that I think about it ... I WILL post something about being people being materialistic. If getting a Christmas gift on December 26th instead of December 25th 'ruins your Christmas' then you have no freak'n clue what Christmas is all about and you have no idea what is really important in life. If someone didn't get their package by December 25th and they are miserable about it, then it's not UPS ruining Christmas but instead it's their own attitude problem and their own ignorance with what Christmas is supposed to be about.

There ... now THAT is a statement about materialism, Christmas and UPS.

Shop early. Ship early. And if for some reason the unusual high volume of shipping means that the package comes a day or two after Christmas .... then do what Jesus would do and let it go because it simply isn't important. Jesus .. it's his birthday that is being celebrated ... remember Him?? .. and I doubt He'd care if a Christmas gift was a day or two late.

edit on 12/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

When you charge someone for a specific service, and you fail to deliver, you do not blame the customer.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Simple answer..

ORDER EARLIER!!!

"Lets blame everyone else except ourselves for leaving things until last minute..."

I and most of my friends are couriers and we work 15 hours+ shifts, with no break, non stop, daily to deliver your crap.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Even better idea: read the thread to see how wrong you are. The OP mentions, i believe, that she ordered 2 weeks in advance.

Sounds to me like your "logistics" folks failed you as a courier. And to blame your customer for your companies failure....
edit on 12262013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Aw! I love Grumpy Cat. Just cross out the word "Grandma" and replace it with "derailing poster".

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Aliensun

In reading the opening thread, you would almost think that the poster never heard of the term "bad weather delays." When he finally makes that discovery I suppose we can expect another thread about that aspect of the "system" breaking down.

I see that you didn't read all the posts before writing such a brilliant analysis. USPS, using the same roads and going to the same places, didn't have a problem. Bad weather delays of a few days is one thing, everybody can understand that. This was a nationwide issue that often had NOTHING to do with weather, such as people having their packages sitting in distribution centers a few miles from their home for days, and still no delivery. That has nothing to do with the weather.

Sorry, no cigar. Thanks for playing, though.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

USPS was my hero this year! Everything sent arrived on time, with no issues. I will definitely use them exclusively in the future. I would have done so with my one lost package, had I been given the choice by the company I ordered from.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I have never had an issue with UPS prior to this season, in all fairness. *Something* happened to cause a logistical melt-down of this magnitude. Their pat excuses about weather and massive volume don't fly, when Fed Ex and USPS didn't have the same issues, all things being equal. Fed Ex did have some backlog, but UPS was the big winner in the screw-up Olympics this year.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

FlyersFan

tothetenthpower
So what's the percentage of delayed packages?

TV news is reporting that it was about a thousand packages.
If it's just a thousand ... then I'd say UPS did rather well.

Amazing that somebody of your stature on ATS would just go with what corporate TV news stated and accept it without any thought whatsoever.

As far as the old "You should have ordered earlier", are you SERIOUS?

Okay then. You keep watching the MSM and believe every number they put into your ear. Good luck with that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join