It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPS Ruins Christmas For Many

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I ordered from a Los Angeles, California company....to be shipped to Georgia. The ice storm, by the time the package shipped, was already over for 10 days. There were no weather issues that would cause the package to not only be delayed by 8 days, but also lost with no ability to track where it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

You may have a point, in that people were under the impression that UPS was faster and more reliable than the USPS. However, I used USPS for everything this year except for one small package, which was ordered from a company and they didn't give me a choice of how it was to be shipped. I also received a few packages from USPS. So, at least for me, I only gave UPS a tiny fraction of my business.

For the future, I'll stick with the post office. They're cheaper and so far, their delivery rate is 100%.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

No, wrong storm....I'm talking about Gemini...which wreaked havoc just last weekend.

A storm with a 2,000-mile footprint threatened to frustrate Christmas travelers from Texas to Nova Scotia with a mix of freezing rain, ice and snow, flooding, thunderstorms and possibly some tornadoes.

Some of the millions of people hitting the roads and airports Saturday squeaked through before any major weather hit, but as the afternoon wore on some cancellations and delays started to mount at major aviation hubs.

www.dailymail.co.uk... oes-South-rain-East-coast.html

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yep, I have been plagued with issues from UPS, always had great luck with FedEx, and superb service from the USPO. I love the fact I can have my sweet mail girl pick up at my home with a note. She will bring or ship me boxes free, then come pick them up. She is quite reliable, and friendly on top of it!

I do my best to avoid UPS, sorry you had no choice but to pick them.

edit on 25-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I Highly-Suspect that UPS MUST ( ?somehow? ) RESOLVE their "GUARANTEED-DELIVERY-ON-TIME" CLAIM(s).

SUMMARY: We'll ALL (especially those with issues) will know IF there's more to "THE UPS STORY" in a ... COUPLE-o-DAYS.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I heard of this on the news within the last two or three days. It had nothing to do with UPS, it had to do with the sales of the brick and mortar stores around the country loosing customers. The unexpected jump in sales online that occurred would definitely effect UPS service.

How can you show a link when you see it on the news. Am I not allowed to associate a large online increase of sales this year over other years with a very screwed up service year for UPS or do I need a certification to see that association.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I actually started having issues with ups a couple of weeks ago... BEFORE the Christmas rush was supposed to start. I receive orders almost weekly for vaping supplies I order online and they come like clockwork week in and week out until the last few weeks. My packages started arriving on average 2 days later than usual however, I was not paying the expedited fees either.

I also had an issue with Fedex smart post last week too. It was supposed to be here by a certain date and it didn't arrive and they couldn't find it for days. Then it showed up out of the blue as they are want to do from time to time.

I agree that ups was at fault. They made the promises, they took the money, they should have delivered what the people paid their hard earned money for. When you pay the fee it doesn't state you will be charged $30.00 for expedited shipping UNLESS we are snowed in. It gives you the date and they take your money. If they can't get it there by the date promised then EVERYBODY that paid deserves a refund. They accept the risks that something eventful and beyond their control will happen when they take your money and when it does they need to MAKE IT RIGHT. And for some reason companies are having an awful hard time making things right for an awful lot of people lately. Almost like they don't care about the consumer... just the consumer's money.

I hope everyone that paid does receive a refund. It is the right thing to do and it will keep a lot of their customers from finding other shipping alternatives, because they do exist and most of us do have a choice with most places we shop with.

I don't blame you for being upset. They broke a promise and you didn't get what you paid for. If this had happened in a brick and mortar to some of those complaining about your OP they would have been more than furious. Go to Wal-Mart and buy a tv off the wall, pay for it then be happy when they go to get it out of the stockroom and they don't have one in stock, refuse to give you your money back and tell you that you'll get it whenever the hell you get it. Same thing.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have not had much bad luck with UPS. Most stuff we order gets here within a day of it's scheduled delivery. They are a little rough with packages though, there has been damage a few times.

When you order something from big companies, the price to get it shipped is cheap, they must have an agreement with businesses for better rates. Shipping it yourself is never that cheap.

I have had delay problems with a few postal service boxes over the years so it is not limited to UPS. Fed Ex up here in the Upper Peninsula always seems to be later than it is supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Texas to Nova Scotia didn't affect the vast majority of Texas, which just had some rain. The ice and freezing rain was much farther north, which should not have affected the southerly track of my particular package. There's been rough weather around Christmastime just about every year. Something is different about this year, definitely, as far as UPS is concerned. USPS didn't have the same issues and they do use the same ground routes.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My apologies. I figure since you made the correlation between the "big jump" in online sales and UPS, that there was an actual link of some kind. Very interesting that Fed Ex and USPS didn't have the same issues, so you can understand why I cannot buy this excuse by UPS.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

We just got something delivered by the postal service about two weeks ago and it came two days late. It was supposed to be here on friday and it came on monday. We live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, getting things late is normal around here. Heck, the 2008 recession didn't even show up till 2010 around here.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Well, at least you get the basic concept!! UPS took the money, made the guarantee, and then couldn't follow through. Because my package was food that is shipped in an ice container, I cannot imagine, after 8 days of being God knows where, that it will arrive in edible condition when it gets there.

The poor customer service was the final straw for me. UPS can kiss my angry American butt. To screw up and make it right is good business....to screw up, and then get a crappy attitude and try to blame it on the consumer, is the kiss of death in business.

Their "advice" on their FB page are gems like: Don't order at the last minute, send your stuff in OCTOBER so it'll get there by Christmas, for sure! Or, buy all year long because if you don't, you don't care about your family and friends having a good Christmas. Best one yet: It's just material goods, it means nothing. The HOLIDAY was the important thing, it being Jesus's birthday and all. Quit being a cry baby because your stuff is a week late or whatever.

These are postings from UPS employees. They were crying that they work hard and that we're all spoiled jerkholes who demand stuff immediately and have no patience. Alrighty then. No mention whatsoever of their contractual obligation to the consumers who sent their packages in GOOD FAITH based on UPS's promise of when they could deliver something, guaranteed.

I'm done with them, and will never use them again. End of story. I vote with my wallet.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I saw some of those posts and think they have gone nuts trying to do damage control. Instead of just saying we screwed up and we are trying to fix it, they are trying to place blame everywhere else BUT where it belongs. They are indeed making themselves look worse by doing this. I think somebody needs to tell them to just stop and start focusing on fixing things.

Most people are good folks. If they would have said they messed up, they are sorry, and they will try to make it right, most people would have been happy to give them time to do what they needed to do.

Instead, here they sit.

We all need to vote with our wallets more than we do. I highly doubt ups will be doing the same thing the same way next year. This will be a lesson hard learned. It's just a shame they aren't handling it better because their actions will cost them more customers than it would have had they just been open and honest about it.

I hope your package reaches it's destination in edible form at least.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Most of the time, stuff here is late, because we're in the middle of nowhere. I accept that. What I do not accept is a package of food sent in an ice chest from Los Angeles, California to Atlanta, Georgia, and they do not know where it is after almost 9 days.....so when it finally does get there (if EVER), I doubt it'll be in edible condition, so I have to go through the whole thing all over again....ordering it, demanding that the company NOT use UPS, and then hopefully this person will get their Christmas gift sometime in January.

Small consolation that I'm not the only one, by a long shot.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I saw some of those posts and think they have gone nuts trying to do damage control. Instead of just saying we screwed up and we are trying to fix it, they are trying to place blame everywhere else BUT where it belongs. They are indeed making themselves look worse by doing this. I think somebody needs to tell them to just stop and start focusing on fixing things.
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You noticed that too, huh? Yeah they're making it a thousand times worse by not addressing the situation and by trying to shift the blame onto the customers. I think the call went out this afternoon for employees and family members to jump on the Facebook page and control the conversation. They were probably given a few pointers, since all those boneheads say one of three things only. Like, what materialistic creeps we are, getting upset over our packages, when it's a religious holiday and all about being with family and friends, etc., and if we're upset, that means that we're shallow and don't know the meaning of Christmas.

My favorite one? "What's the big deal, it's not like anybody DIED!!" At that point I was sure I was going to suffer a massive aneurysm from the idiocy, so I stopped reading. Well okay then. Nobody died, so we have no right to bitch. LMAO!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

When I see the Headline

UPS WILL REFUND FULL COSTS FOR FAILURE TO DELIVER ON TIME!

I will know that they are trying to do their best.

Instead what they have is the headline

UPS MASSIVE FAIL

followed by

UPS SILLY SEASON EXCUSES _ LAME DUCK TIME.

P

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
When our happiness depends on a package from UPS...

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the picture.

Christmas is HIS birthday, not ours.

On Christmas morning in 1997 I was awake and praying knowing that I would soon be heading downstairs to share Christmas with my daughter and her family.

As I continued praying about it the L-rd gave me a vision. Standing before me in an open vision I saw a Christmas Tree beautifully decorated with presents tucked all around the bottom. Across from the tree I saw Messiah hanging upon a cross weeping. He looked at me and cried: "The foxes have spoiled the whole tree." I responded: "L-rd, what do you mean?"

He then took me into the spirit and let me see things through His eyes and feel what He felt. He moaned: "Christmas is not about Me and what I gave on the cross. It is about greed and gifts and teaching My children the ways of the world. It is about what each one can get and moaning over what they don't get. It fosters greed and rebellion in the hearts of My precious children, while the poor and the needy go without. This is not My way; it is not My holiday. It is mans!

The merchants have totally perverted the joy of My birth and have turned the focus on satisfying the craving of man's lust. My children are not taught to forget themselves and seek the interest of the poor and needy. It is a holiday that is a complete perversion of my ways."

I realized that Christmas, although many Churches put on pageants and plays about Christ and His birth, truly is a pagan holiday. No matter how we try to dress it up, it really isn't about our beloved Messiah. It is about us!

Where Is Christ In Christmas?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Ah! I had been patiently waiting for a religious person to come onto this thread and derail it on the "It's Jesus's Birthday" track....and here you are! Welcome!

However, you have completely missed not only the point, but any salient issues related to it. Many people are not religious, and to those people, Christmas is much like a winter solstice celebration. Gift giving is an important part of their observance of this holiday.

To those people, who trusted a corporation, and paid good money for a guaranteed delivery, they were let down, badly.

I hate to break it to you, but MANY people in the United States are not hard-core Christians. Maybe those customers who are will just let it go as a lesson from God not to be so materialistic....but for most of us, it's a holiday which is a time for festivities and gift-giving, and were let down by a company who made promises they knew rather early on that they couldn't keep.

Therefore, for a lot of people, their holiday was ruined. If you feel so inclined, you can pray for their souls. While you're at it, pray for UPS....they're gonna need all the help they can get.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yup, I was supposed to recieve a package no later than the 21st. I'm still waiting.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

And a merry "winter solstice" from me as well Mr. Grumpy cat......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join