reply to post by hellobruce
OK, I`m going to question the legitimacy of this on a technicality - that being `the actual NAME of the hospital in 1961
In 1961 - and according to the said Birth Certificate the hospital where BO was (allegedly)!! born was named :- KAPIOLANI MATERNITY & GYNECOLOGICAL
Now let`s go to Wikipedia for the history of the hospital.
Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children is part of Hawaii Pacific Health's network of hospitals. It is located in Honolulu, Hawaii, within
the residential inner city district of Makiki. Kapi'olani Medical Center is Hawaii's only children's hospital with a team of physicians and nurses
and specialized technology trained specifically to care for children, from infants to young adults. It is the state's only 24-hour pediatric
emergency room, pediatric intensive care unit and adolescent unit.
The facility was originally founded by Queen Kapiolani as the Kapilani Maternity Home in 1890 for which she held bazaars and luaus to raise $8,000
needed to start the Home. Kauikeolani Children's Hospital opened in 1909 named for Emma Kauikeolani Napoleon Mahelona (18621931), the wife of
Albert Spencer Wilcox (1844-1919). In 1978, it merged with Kapiolani Maternity Home to become Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and
It is also known for being the birthplace of United States President Barack Obama.
This clearly shows (but is subject to `citation` on Wiki) that as of 1978 (up to the date of the actual merger) the maternity part of the hospital was
still known as the Kapi`olani Maternity Home.
Therefore this would have been the case in 1961 when BO was born !!!!
So, where did they get the name : KAPIOLANI MATERNITY & GYNECOLOGICAL HOSPITAL ???????????
We no longer need to be concerned about any lack of citation on Wiki, because we can go to the HOSPITAL`s own website and read EXACTLY THE SAME
HISTORICAL ACCOUNT REGARDS ITS NAMES !!!
A Century of Care for Hawaii's Women and Children
This is the story of two hospitals: Kauikeolani Children's Hospital and Kapiolani Maternity Home. The two hospitals joined in 1978 to become
Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children.