It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use of stem cells to grow new teeth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why don't we see this new technology of growing new teeth using stem cells (a dental procedure developed years ago by the Columbia University,NY Dental School yet to be enjoyed by patients not wanting Titanium rods implanted in their mouths, and permanent loss of live teeth,forever)? Wouldn't you want a third set of living teeth instead of implants? The procedure is cheaper than the one using expensive,toxic Titanium metal rods. There must be some dentist in the world using this stem cell procedure for the masses. How about a clinic near or in New York? Where could I go to get this stem cell procedure? I think that it has been engineered in such a way to be out of reach for the average person or one has to go overseas to get it done.
What do you think?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here's a video about it:

Here's a link to the NBC news story: Regrowing Teeth with Stem Cells

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I believe it has to do with money. Did you know you don't even have to use a fetus to create stem cells just some skin?

www.cbsnews.com...

genetics.thetech.org...

I agree with your premise though; what is the damn hold up?!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Because the technology isn't quite there yet to grow fully formed, usable teeth.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The redneck community will luv this!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I really wish we would stop living in the dark ages and make things like this legal. There is nothing wrong with using stem cells.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by texasyeti

Stem cell research isn't illegal in the united States.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Titanium toxic?

Titanium is not poisonous, how ever titanium dioxide is. They are two different things.

Elemental titanium is safe, and does not cause any problems.

That being said, I really wish I could get this sort of procedure done. I lost a tooth about a year ago, and would much rather have one grown back than pay for an implant.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have taken my son to Monterrey Mexico three times for analogous stem cell treatment..bone marrow extracted from hip, stem cells isolated, injected into CSF. Total 200 million stem cells isolated and injected..this was 3years ago.

Clinicaltrials.gov

Spasticity reduction over 90 percent
Seizure 4-8 times daily reduced to Zero daily
Awareness much improved..
A few more improvements that only I would notice

He is 7 years of age now...would love to take him at least one more time...especially since his seizures have stopped for a few years now..also the MRI would be given and show any physical evidence of improvement in brain..We Exhausted everything we had, now we are starting over...but he is so much better, now he can peacefully sleep throughout the night..

Adult stems can be found almost everywhere in the body..when you get inflammation, it releases a special chemical for the stem cells to receive.. this tells them where the injury is and they start repairing...so don't use ice on inflammation unless the swelling may interfere with other areas...

edit on 25-12-2013 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2013 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
New teeth? Great. But will Monsanto be able to make GMO beef jerky out of the sh$t?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nitetrain~~~~
suffering through a lonely xmas due to my ex basically stealing our daughter ( & the courts basically blessing her up to this point ),reading about you & your little ankle biter put a much needed smile
on a sad
face.Thankyou & all the very sincerest best wishes for the future of your child.He's off to a flier just having the parents he has.
All the best
fotsyfots
edit on 25-12-2013 by fotsyfots because: add a posters name

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Wouldn't you want a third set of living teeth instead of implants?

I want to rip all my teeth out and start over. Pick the shape and color I want, not the color/shape to match adjacent teeth. I mean mines not terrible or anything, just not exactly what I'd want. Teeth implants grant this opportunity.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fotsyfots

Thank you for the reply..it's unfortunate that we all have trials and tribulations to go through in life.. most notably when children are involved ..Some trials are more emotionally painful, others have physical suffering and more often then not , both come in combination.

this may seem like insignificant advice but I promise it's more then you can imagine.

Keep your chin and head up high, never let your spirits fall into a downward spiral,
And always stay strong for your children...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Dr. Jeremy Mao of Columbia univ. using scaffold he successfully grow human teeth but still need a human trial but surely his idea will work on human 100% in perfect tooth/teeth shape
Dr. Song Tao Shi of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. he created a bio rooth without enamel his idea work perfectly in swine (mini Pig) but 100%
Dr. Takashi Tsuji of tokyo university, Japan he create and implanted tooth germ in rodent (mouse) and successfully grow as hybrid human/mouse teeth but still need a human trial
Dr. Paul T. Sharpe of king's college london he create and implanted tooth germ in rodent (mouse) and successfully grow as hybrid human/mouse teeth but still need a human trial
and other scientist around the globe already have this etc.

They already have it i think some dental implant company is resisting so this cure will never happen.

top topics

join