It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't the lights or phones work in my dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Minnie1985
Does anybody have any idea what this all means?

You have not paid your electricity or phone bill and had them disconnected?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hey Minnie, cool dream.

You went lucid, or came really close since you realized you were dreaming! That is when dreams get interesting I think. The light switch I wouldn't read into too much, it could mean you feel like you can't see what's going on in a particular situation that's on your mind. Or it could mean something else since it matters on how your psyche works, do you interpret things literally or metaphorically?

There are a few tricks I've learned for going lucid more often and having some control, which I have had great success with lately (4 lucid dreams in less than a month).

First I try focusing on my hands before I got to sleep, both palms up and stare at them for a few minutes. Next is always be cued in to your name in dreams, especially your full name. Finally if you ever do succeed in hearing your name, or find yourself realizing your dreaming, look at your hands, say your name, and claps your hands in your dream loudly. At this point I usually go very vivid, and feel very energized and elated, and typically take full control over the dream (lucid), if it's a bad dream I generally fly away quickly. If it's a good dream I usually just FLY! It feels amazing to reach full lucidity and make your dreams come true. I am always happy when to hear someone achieve lucidity.

I don't always take it but it seems to help taking some 5-HTP and low doses of melatonin before bed, and a short period of meditation never hurts.

Finally here's a pretty interesting dream interpretation site Dream Moods

I hope you have better dreams soon!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Ok, first you need to do is try not to panic in dreams
I remember myself panicing in sleep paralysis, when I was awake, but couldn`t move my body. Or shoud I say awake in a dream but strongly wanted to move my external vessel. To me it sounds like you already became aware of being in a dream even before you realised it yourself. As said once you start panicing you are aware, whether you are aware that you are aware or not

Now that you know and when you`ll realise that you are in a dream, when you`ll want to do something with your own will you`ll usually wake up, but not all the time. Just like tothetenthpower said. However, I would like to add that try not do anything by force or too much focus or will. It will wake you up. You have to blend in, let it flow and slowly control your awareness. Sounds silly but you`ll know what I`m talking about once you experience it

As for the lights, usually start working once you get rid of fear. You may also want to try look for lighter or matches and candles or even a flash light, if you became aware. There has to be something, if not you make it. What does it mean, I don`t know but from what you wrote down, it`s definitely fear related. Maybe some entity inside a dream wants to scare you or feed on your fear, who knows.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Minnie, did you watch all of Waking Life? What did you think? (signed, Curious).

And another good technique I recall, and I should try it again. When going to sleep hold one of your arms up on its elbow, and when you fall asleep the arm will start to fall. If done right someone can skirt the edge of the waking/dreaming state, and play in there.

Sweet dreams!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ever tried to ride a car in your dream?

i can't keep it on the road :p

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

darkbake

tothetenthpower

I myself use it to create 'waking dreams'. Where I realize I'm dreaming, but manage to maintain my dream state, effectively getting control over what I experience.

~Tenth

Those are lucid dreams, Tenth

I used to be able to do it - but after being on SSRI's - I can't - and it isn't because I don't know how, it is because my dreams aren't real enough - they are fuzzy, scattered, or nonexistent.

When I was a kid, I would naturally do this all the time and use my dream powers for flying or jumping super high, and I would especially like hiding in the trees.

I also was an extremely lucid dreamer, and could fly or jump really far.
I have the same problem with a different medication...makes you wonder...
edit on 26-12-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You didn't pay the bills, obviously.

The water's probably off, too.

/dang you, hellobruce!
//a lot of us think alike, apparently
edit on 26-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I recently have more and more very vivid dreams, so I decided to give that lucid thingy a try...

I,ve had the last month 3 occasions when I was aware that I was dreaming, but sadly the moment I realized it I woke up...
Every 3 times...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If you can remember it, just decide you can see in the dark.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
maybe if you went and got a job, worked, and paid your bills in your dream...you wouldn't be sponging off the rest of us hard-working dreamers....geez, get a grip on reality, for Christ's sake.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So the next question is.... Why can I turn on lights in my dreams lol.. I know I can I have extremely vivid dreams and more often than not I write them down when I wake up. It is my dreamlog. Why is it that I can actually do anything in my dream almost like I have conscience control over all my dreams except one. Tis a dark one indeed
I will conquer it.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I would cut as many acids out of your diet as possible. The human body is mostly supposed to remain alkaline as far as I understand. A high acid diet can lead to a host of issues like migraines and pain.

What you describe as possible causes are certainly legitimate. Although PTSD would normally induce nightmares wouldn't it?

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

did you pay your bills in your dreams or are you having money troubles or comunication problems in real life

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
How can I prolong lucid dreaming? Whenever I realize that I'm dreaming and take control of everything and everyone, it doesn't last long before I wake up

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The phones do work in my dreams. The lights, well these I haven't tried yet.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Interesting... so seriously? Electricity doesn't work in dreams?

Its interesting you've said this, many other items in my dreams that use electricity don't work, last night I dreamt that I needed to set a fire alarm off in a big building but the glass wouldn't break so that I could sound the alarm, I dream about traveling in my car at night without the headlights on, and quite often my brakes won't work.

Many years back I remember dreaming of planes dropping out of the sky all at the same time, and I also remember dreaming of what seemed to be a nuclear bomb going off, I could see in slow motion as the shockwave from the bomb destroyed everything in its path as it made its way towards me, luckily I woke up before it did.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

I remember myself panicing in sleep paralysis, when I was awake, but couldn`t move my body

I used to get sleep paralysis on a regular basis, although it seems to be getting less often now thankfully, alongside it I used to get ''exploding head syndrome'' aka auditory/visual sleep start but thats not as bad now either.

When it first started about 2 years ago the paralysis used to scare the heck out of me, it still does a little but I seem to realise whats going on a bit quicker now. The feeling of not being able to breathe properly was terrifying.

As a kid I always used to sleepwalk too

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You didn't pay the bills,

These type of replies made me giggle, thank you, this would seem like the obvious reason for my dreams but i can assure everyone that paying my bills is not a problem or something that I worry about,

thanks for your input all the same

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I read a carbon copy report of this from someone who believed they were under spiritual attack. But as I recall, this person also indicated a variety of other symptoms.
edit on 29-12-2013 by nextone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ansky
How can I prolong lucid dreaming? Whenever I realize that I'm dreaming and take control of everything and everyone, it doesn't last long before I wake up

Well first - don't die, that will wake you up. Secondly, I don't think you are supposed to be able to take control of other entities. That could be the problem. You should be able to use telekinesis, though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join