It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching For The Matrix...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Granted, some senses are sensed as thoughts, hell, maybe all thoughts are senses, but then so is awareness.

I sense my own awareness, does that mean awareness is just a sense?

Maybe all senses are wills?

But then you still need thought/senses/awareness to will thought/senses/awareness and vice versa.

What is the difference between awareness and streaming thought/senses? Keep in mind we sense our own awareness (self-aware).

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

Granted, some senses are sensed as thoughts, hell, maybe all thoughts are senses, but then so is awareness.

Thought is of the appearance - the appearance changes. Awareness does not move or change.

Awareness is aware. It can be aware that it is aware. Awareness can be aware that it can 'do nothing' but be aware.
It is aware of all the pretty colours and sounds and patterns - of every thought, sensation - everything appears in that.
Awareness is the ONE that the many appear to appear in.
Ever present and aware.

Who is aware that there is awareness? It is not a who. But if one sees from there one will be stable.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

We can agree on thought, I think, so we need to fix the other 2...

How's this?:

awareness = thought reader
will = thought writer
thought = concepts, words, images, senses, body of will, physicality, the matrix, etc

better?
edit on 12/29/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

We can agree on thought, I think, so we need to fix the other 2...

How's this?:

awareness = thought reader
will = thought writer
thought = concepts, words, images, senses, body of will, physicality, the matrix, etc

better?

Can you elaborate on 'will' please?
It is all arising by the will of the unknown presence (some call God) - is that what you are pointing at?

It is all arising unconditionally - the will is free and belongs to no one.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Will: the force of action; the force of manifestation; the force of concept (re)production.

If reality's physicality is manifested concepts, will is the delivery system of said manifestation, and awareness is then apart of said will as the means of feedback.

You know someone/thing is thinking all these thoughts: How would you conceptualize the thinker? The creator of concepts?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Bleeeeep
If reality's physicality is manifested concepts, will is the delivery system of said manifestation, and awareness is then apart of said will as the means of feedback.

The manifest is what is appearing and awareness is what is not appearing - the father and son are one, the seer of appearance and the appearance are one. The two make one - the one is the holy spirit - which I think you mean by 'will'.

You know someone/thing is thinking all these thoughts: How would you conceptualize the thinker? The creator of concepts?

I don't know 'someone' is thinking thoughts - thoughts arise/appear here.

I would not 'conceptualize' the thinker.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Tanks for all the responses guys, even yours Mr. Grouchy, lol - you're a good man.

So far, I haven't found the article/concept or theory I was looking for, but I shall one day. I still have access to those encylopedias, but not right now...not anytime soon. But, I think I may have to dig through them to find what I am looking for, because I cannot seem to find it online. Some of the theories and philosophies brought up in this thread, I stumbled upon while searching for that old article online, but none are close to what I read as a child. Sayonara Jupiter's theory could be right, that I mind is mixing up two separate articles (one of mathematics, the other of some kind of philosophy), but I do not feel so, or think so. I'm very certain this was read in one article. I could remember the layout of the article even. But, sometimes the memory confuses things, so that's a valid point.

Although I still haven't found what I was looking for, I found some interesting topics and discussions. Bybyots, your co-operative thread, The 8th Sphere was a pleasant read. Thanks for that contribution. Wasn't what I was looking for, but made for a damn good read. lol.

I will continue the hunt, when I find time. Thanks again guys!

I hope you guys see your ideals fulfilled in 2014 and in all the other years to follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join