It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Verge: Free Energy and Warp Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The search for free energy sources is considered the holy grail of energy. Scholars have devoted lifetimes to understanding and recreating different energy sources. There is a source being tested right now across the nation to give the world free energy. A definite source that will pay off in the near future. The source is referred to as inertial fusion in the science community but in layman's terms it's called Star Power. Fusion is the newest and greatest energy source for reactors across the globe but it currently costs more electrical energy to produce fusion then fusion produces. That's the break even point. We are at the effieient break even point and in the coming months it is time to place your bets on which laboratory will produce it first.

The east coast standard is the magnetic fusion reactor in Princeton, NJ The Princeton Plasma Physics Lab heats its hydrogen tritium and deuteranium atoms up by sending them vaulting through time and space in a small reactor where they are meant to collide and create new atoms of helium and a free electron of energy using magnetic coils. These magnetic coils create a plasma space around the reactor core that allows the heat and electrons to be collected before hitting the walls of the reactor and dissapating the energy. As technologies increase of fusion magnetic coils this method becomes more and more efficient. In fact it just did this month! New super conducting magnetic cabling configurations have just been developed and I'm sure Princeton is top on the list to receive these new enhancements. The news coverage of their reactor this week speaks for itself.

Cable Coverage:

dailyfusion.net...

www.dvice.com...

Reactor Reactions:

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.pressdemocrat.com...

www.postbulletin.com...

Or perhaps you like California Oranges instead of Florida Navel Oranges.... What are the differences? Of oranges, I think they just spray paint the ones in California, in nuclear energy development they believe in lasers. The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has a project that seems even more successful then the PPPL project. The use over 200 lasers in specific configurations to speed up the hydrogen atoms at just the right time and to just the right speed to make babies. While we are waiting for our hydro grows of marijuana in Colorado and or kids who we'd name Jen and Adam we can take a look at their progress. During the government shutdown they crossed the 99.9% efficient barrier in creating as much electrical energy as was used to start a fusion reaction. Champagne bottles were not popped, unfortunately. New ideas on how to make it even more efficient were developed, however, at this years
Annual Fusion Power Associations Conference. When the National Ignition Facility team returns to LLNL for the winter session it has many variations of it's high efficiency tests to make it surpass the break through, or as they put it ignition point, and provide the world with free energy from hydrogen atoms.

Annual Fusion Power Association Conference Coverage:

americansecurityproject.org...

Breakthough during Government Shutdown:

www.eenews.net...

So where is all this energy I'm spending to write this article going? How would you use free energy? Free energy will be transferred all thorugh the country bringing new light to the dark areas of our minds and homes. Our electric cars will be so economical, gas engines will be archaic and used only by collectors. Our bills for everything will be calculated down to the joule and we will only be paying for the readily available hydrogen needed for the reactions. Our space shuttles and planes will change over to electric. Even our kitchens will eventually be transformed to use induction based heat, which is the best available anyway. But the most important project that we have never been able to realize will be.

Warp Drive. I preach alot on it. I hope it is possible with quantum entanglement experiments, and look forward to the never ending possible consequences of having it, including moving my future in-laws to the next solar system. Sorry there is no WiFi on Centauri Prime. Every good scientist knows of the Alcubiurre Drive. Some believe in Dr. White's thesis that it cam be created with one third the energy originally needed, which is still more energy then the planet combined could create. But this... this... this talk of free energy returns my thoughts to the Cashmir Effect and how much energy really would be needed to create a warp bubble. What would it do? Pop? Who knows, it's unstudied.

Will the next year bring us to the era of free energy and inertial fusion? Definitely, Yes.
Will the next decade bring us to the era of interstellar travel? I hope so, and it does seem possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If any of this is realized;
Sustainable, renewable 'free' energy + FTL, and other bits on the scientific frontier like age reversal/immortality are realized, this kitten is out of here and off this rock as soon as can get got.

I might stop in from time to time for some new fashionable universe trotting shoes and the latest in tech bling, but, otherwise, the rest of you can keep this rock.
I'll go stick a flag in one of my own.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It'll never happen, there's no money to be made from free energy.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

wont need free energy if the flooding keeps on.... just need a canoe and paddle!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

KBadger
It'll never happen, there's no money to be made from free energy.

Somebody pays these construction workers, nd if you think they are delivering your free energy to you for free you are misinformed.

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Is a fusion reactor expected to deliver 5% , 50% , 500% improvement over the energy input?

If its 5% you and I will never see the cost benefit of fusion (our energy bills will be the way they are still ever increasing)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Is a fusion reactor expected to deliver 5% , 50% , 500% improvement over the energy input?

If its 5% you and I will never see the cost benefit of fusion (our energy bills will be the way they are still ever increasing)

Im not a nuclear physicist BUT I would say probably a 100% improvement over a Fission Nuclear power plant. Plus with the advantage of never being able to melt down and a pretty limitless resource supply and no pollution. BUT you could get bigger returns as theres no upper limit to a fusion reaction (Well the limits a super massive Red Giant star) it just how much fuel can you fed in to it and how stable can you keep it, no point haveing a 10000% return if the reactor burns out every hour.

It one of these things that as our tecnology and understanding improve the engergy imput will rise.
edit on 25-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If it cant be weaponized first then it will never see fruition. If they cannot tax it or profit off of it, it wont happen. Consider limitless clean energy what ever would big oil and gas do now that electric cars can become ever more viable, I understand plastics and all but that is merely a percentage to what they take in oil and gas, dont need a gas bill anymore dont need them dirty gas stations either. I hate to be the negative nancy here but I cannot see anyone implementing anything like this out of the goodness of their hearts to help mankind without all the cloak and dagger bs to beat down the little guy.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is not "free energy" ... neither the way "free energy" is understood (breaking the laws of physics) nor is it free in the wallet. Cheaper, possibly, never free. It will cost money to run the lasers and feed it fuel.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
This is not "free energy" ... neither the way "free energy" is understood (breaking the laws of physics) nor is it free in the wallet. Cheaper, possibly, never free. It will cost money to run the lasers and feed it fuel.

the ignition or breakeven point is where it costs less money and energy to run the lasers then it does to produce the fusion, it is the point we are rapidly approaching.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Brotherman
If it cant be weaponized first then it will never see fruition.

That genie is out of the bottle and has been since the 1950s. Our first use of nuclear fusion was when fusion was weaponized.

What do you think a Hydrogen Bomb is.

Its much easier to use fusion for a bomb than a power plant.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

ChefSlug

OccamsRazor04

the ignition or breakeven point is where it costs less money and energy to run the lasers then it does to produce the fusion, it is the point we are rapidly approaching.

Occam is right. Fusion is not "free energy". Anyone in fusion research would bristle at that characterization. There are no free lunches when it comes to energy in this universe. You've misunderstood the breakeven point to think that beyond this the energy is free.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Exactly it wont ever be free as you need to still fuel it and build it. It may end up much much much cheaper but not free and the first reactor most likley will only be a slight improvement over current fission reactors. It will likley take time before we get big improvements.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

JadeStar
Occam is right. Fusion is not "free energy".

Occam is not being very specific and neither are you.

Anyone in fusion research would bristle at that characterization.

How many billions have been spent on fusion energy research as compared to LERN? Wonder why that is....

There are no free lunches when it comes to energy in this universe. You've misunderstood the breakeven point to think that beyond this the energy is free.

The earth's biosphere IS a 'free lunch' in terms of the human experience as humanity did not construct the sun and don't pay for it's maintenance in any death defying sense. Please stop saying there are no free lunches ( currently on the order of a 4.3 billion year long lunch) when the fact that we evolve and exists proves the exact opposite.

I guess if people realised that the corporations didn't pay for the sunlight&energy ( that makes the human experience possible) they might start to wonder why we have to work 10 hours a day to make a living.

Either way please stop worrying about energy potentially being 'free' as i am sure they will still be able to make you waste your life in some senseless way anyways.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

JadeStar

That genie is out of the bottle and has been since the 1950s. Our first use of nuclear fusion was when fusion was weaponized.

What do you think a Hydrogen Bomb is.

Its much easier to use fusion for a bomb than a power plant.

The problem is pure Fusion without a fission stage.

I remember reading a article a few years back on the idea of using a laser ignited fusion explosions to launch ships into orbit on the lines of Orion but safer due to there being no radioactive material on board the problem or one of them anyway was the fear that if you removed the fission stage (which was considered possible) it would make Nuclear weapons far more easier to gain nuclear weapons as the main obstacles of acquiring refined uranium or plutonium is eliminated and as such research or at least public research has been kept limited.

top topics

join