It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden Tracks Down Pirates…. And Gives Them Concerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well well, Iron Maiden, instead of trying to sue people who "illegally" share their music is going to give people concerts.

I know some people are completely against music piracy, others are for it. (I myself have pirated Iron Maiden's full album collection after having my original store bought CD collection stolen for the second time after replacing the first collection that was stolen)

Over the past several years numerous studies have shown that on average file-sharers spend more money on legal purchases, including concert tickets and merchandise.

Yes, I can vouch for the results of that study

According to Musicmetric the file-sharing data helped Iron Maiden turn these pirates into paying customers, simply by heading over there and playing for them. It’s impossible to download the true experience of a live concert, so the chances are high that several pirates will turn up.

Ahh yes, there is no way you can download a concert experience, watching a live recording of a performance does no justice to what one experiences being present at a concert.

I saw an interview with Steve Harris some time ago where he talks about piracy, he mentioned something about if a fan only has enough money to purchase one album legit, and can't afford the rest, that he doesn't mind if they download the rest. Some time ago, Bruce at the First Midwest Band Amphitheater (then it was the Tweeter Center) in Tinley Park IL said "If you want to make copies of our music, and share them with your friends go right the @#$# ahead because we make this music for you! Our Fans not some corporate pig sitting atop of the music industry!" Of course the crowd went wild.

Can anyone argue with the findings and the direction Iron Maiden are taking?

Click the link below for full article.

Iron Maiden Tracks down Pirates
edit on 25-12-2013 by Majestic Lumen because: Missing text

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
was posted yesterday ..

still the best thing any band can do since most of their money comes from touring

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This was already posted yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the future, please use the Search function.

join