It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rapist avoids prison for 2nd time from same judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
after being ordered to re sentence this scum, a judge has again allowed him to avoid prison time. and they wonder why we are losing faith in the justice system!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

I have an idea and it sounds perfectly fair to me. If the Judge wants to TWICE insure the rapist walks without prison time on this? Fine Fine.... If he reoffends, I say the Judge take equal sentencing to the sexual offender there and they both do time in the same facility.

Fairs fair..and let the Judge back the faith with something real ...since the stakes are VERY real for the community if the 2nd shot to let walk turns out badly.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Meanwhile those smoking marijuana sometimes get life on prison what's going on with the US Justice System?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ever read the Code of Hammurabi?

See Line 5

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There is obviously something going on behind the scenes here. Sometimes criminals protect other criminals of the same type... perhaps the judge is a rapist as well? Perhaps he and the other rapist are friends? Perhaps the judge is simply corrupt and was paid off by someone connected to the rapist?

Either way, in a just world, rapists would be executed after conviction.

No second chances.

edit on 12/25/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
wrabbit- good idea. this has been a weird year with judges giving mind blowing easy sentences for crimes that should be very serious! i am very liberal, but when it comes to crime, i am fairly conservative. i was an m.p. for the navy for my last 4 years in the service. while i may actually listen as to why a crime was committed in things like theft, but in cases of violent crime, NO!

granted, there has always been a 2 tier justice system through history for those on top, and the rest of us. it is when that divide is stretched to extremes that the majority lose faith in the system. wonder why this judge has a soft spot in his heart for this creep? was he paid secretly? old family friend? something is not right. the state bar, the state attorney general, and the federal justice system NEED to get involved in this case.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Snarl

Ever read the Code of Hammurabi?

See Line 5

Yes Indeed.. First thing covered in 101 Political Science courses. Literally, as mine happened to be.

We could benefit by borrowing a bit from the past, I think. Some of what worked then would work fine now...and what we are doing is Fail as a true 4 letter word.

* Remind me not to get on your bad side or ever get where I see you as a Juror on my case. lol.... You're brutal on #5.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

could not agree more. personally, i do not care for pot, have only smoked it twice in my life. 18th birthday, and the following week. i am 46. i am not going to tell another person what they can and can not put into their body. the pot laws are insane since any one can grow it in their own place. police will NEVER stop the production or demand.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

just as long as there is absolutely no doubt as to guilt, agreed!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm the guy EVERYONE wants on their jury. First thing considered: Nullification.

ETA: Just don't be a rapist. Okay?
edit on 25122013 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

CaticusMaximus
There is obviously something going on behind the scenes here. Sometimes criminals protect other criminals of the same type... perhaps the judge is a rapist as well? Perhaps he and the other rapist are friends? Perhaps the judge is simply corrupt and was paid off by someone connected to the rapist?

Either way, in a just world, rapists would be executed after conviction.

No second chances.]

edit on 12/25/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Rapist friends? Do you think they have a club ? Someplace they can meet and talk shop ?Perhaps they have a chat room. Just kidding obviously. Your post made me think that
Here in VA ,it's three strikes and you're out. So yes someone could go away for life if they are caught possessing pot. . They could say intent to sell if someone is holding enough. That sends them away for life if they have two other felonies under the belt.
edit on AMu31u12125213312013-12-25T11:13:15-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Clem was convicted on three counts of rape for assaults on Andrews, who was a family friend. Prosecutors said the assaults began seven years ago when she was 13."

Thats messed up, people have gone to jail for a lot less worse.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Put them both in prison and in the same cell.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So the judge lets him walk the first time for some unknown reason. Now he has done so a second time for the same offense (rape). Since this is the second offense the rapist needs to be surgically made incapable of doing so ever again by removal of all equipment. The judge needs to be disbarred from ever holding office or practicing law globally. If corruption is proven then hard prison time for the judge without parole.

Rape is a hate crime and one to do as much psychological damage as possible. There is no excuse in letting the perpetrator walk unless there is a doubt but this is not the case here. This is total insanity.

top topics

join