It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Survival Guide (Also an identification tool for UFOs)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

A Drone Survival Guide with hints and tips on how to thwart the “robotic birds” has been published on the internet. With over 30,000 drones expected to be flying over the US by 2030, the Guide urges readers to familiarize themselves with the craft.

rt.com...

Our ancestors could spot natural predators from far by their silhouettes. Are we equally aware of the predators in the present-day? Drones are remote-controlled planes that can be used for anything from surveillance and deadly force, to rescue operations and scientific research. Most drones are used today by military powers for remote-controlled surveillance and attack, and their numbers are growing. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) predicted in 2012 that within 20 years there could be as many as 30.000 drones flying over U.S. Soil alone. As robotic birds will become commonplace in the near future, we should be prepared to identify them. This survival guide is an attempt to familiarise ourselves and future generations, with a changing technological environment.

Amazingly, this guide can also help with avoiding detection by drones and amazingly, how to hack them:

The guide contains tactics for hiding from drones and interfering with the drones’ sensors, collected from various online sources. Health Ranger’s intelligence analysis of military drones: payloads, countermeasures and more’, by Mike Adams and ‘The Al-Qaida Papers - Drones’, Associated Press, Feb 2013. To keep this document widely available it can be downloaded in .pdf or .doc format. Send a new translation to us and receive a free printed Drone Survival Guide. All translations will be shared here. The Drone Survival Guide is collected and translated as a form of civil initiative, not for profit and without government or commercial funding and/or support.

www.dronesurvivalguide.org...

Amazing to see some of the stuff that may be roaming our skies in the next few decades. I would also suggest that some may get mistaken for UFOs also

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

It's bogus, now here's the real guide:

Nevertheless it's a good find OP. There are so many companies out there developing UAVs, at one stage they were only used for military purposes but now third party techco's are developing them for civilian purposes. And it's good to be able to identify these drones in order to rule out certain UFO sightings that were previously unexplained.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

With those shapes in mind, what sizes do you think those drones are? Ie. the plane shaped one with wings that go straight out, for example? Tiny? Plane sized? Though have to say, the day we saw these really odd looking planes flying out back (this is a separate time from another I posted on that occurred in the evening for 2 days), they were flying so close together almost wings touching and I thought it was amazing. And that pilots had to be very skilled. They were huge for planes, more small jet size really.

But they were more responsive. There was a lone one flying across the road. Unlike the pair that flew almost wings touching, this one wasn't flying fast enough to stay in the air, it was really slowly moving. And I asked it to fly over my head! It turned sharply and crossed the road and flew directly my head.

So though it was shaped like one of the pictures, can't see how it is a drone since it was interactive. Also don't recall it making noise as it flew over.

So far the shapes still aren't very UFO looking however.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Unity_99

With those shapes in mind, what sizes do you think those drones are? Ie. the plane shaped one with wings that go straight out, for example? Tiny? Plane sized? Though have to say, the day we saw these really odd looking planes flying out back (this is a separate time from another I posted on that occurred in the evening for 2 days), they were flying so close together almost wings touching and I thought it was amazing. And that pilots had to be very skilled. They were huge for planes, more small jet size really.

But they were more responsive. There was a lone one flying across the road. Unlike the pair that flew almost wings touching, this one wasn't flying fast enough to stay in the air, it was really slowly moving. And I asked it to fly over my head! It turned sharply and crossed the road and flew directly my head.

So though it was shaped like one of the pictures, can't see how it is a drone since it was interactive. Also don't recall it making noise as it flew over.

So far the shapes still aren't very UFO looking however.

Maybe not to you, but I'll bet to others they might.

And "not very UFO looking" as a description, doesn't really make sense. A UFO could be of any shape, colour or appearance.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Take a look at the bottom of that chart and you'll see a small tree for size comparison.
And definitely was not a drone that flew over your head! The only kind drone that could respond to something like what you described would be the remotely piloted ones, and they don't come with sound input like a mic or something like that. All the person listening to the drone feed could hear would be "WOOOOOOOOOSH!"

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Will it be updated every year?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If i got a gun, I would shoot anything that fly, drones or not drones who cares.

If birds - I eat, if drones - yay, selling cool electronic gadget, if bomb, yay, fireworks.

Our ancestors could spot natural predators from far by their silhouettes.

Well I cant spot natural predators from far, but.....as the primal instinct of our ancestor to kill whatever move, I still got it.

New hobby - shot anything the move in the sky. (Boeing too far away so pretty safe to shoot, I guess)
edit on 26-12-2013 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I hope you never ever get a gun! Crazy people like you are the main reason I support drones.

I hope when drones start flying commercially they bring in legislation to make it an act of terrorism to shoot down one.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Astyanax
Will it be updated every year?

According to the article, it mentions 2030, is that not long enough?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Haha, I think I'll try my best to shoot you first. Imagine the news...

"Man shot down Stealthbomber, auction next Tuesday"
I'm on the evening news...woot.

"I thought it was a bird" (the truth is, would you like to have your own shot down drone ?). If Iran can do it, so can I.

On serious side, why would a drone scouring around in civilian areas ? Am I the enemy here ?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

All those drones will be out of date by 2030. There'll be new ones.

That guide will need to be like the old Observer's Book of Aircraft. A new edition every year.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

It can be done and no I won't tell you how it's done. In any case you probably couldn't do it anyway.

The only drones flying in civil airspace low enough for you to shoot them down would be ones doing aerial property photography or the like.

If you wanted to take down a real drone you'd have to wait for it to come into land, I'd imagine you would either be shot yourself or spend a very long time in jail.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

What's really scary is drones aren't just the ones you see on that chart. They can be hand thrown or they can be launching off of a tarmac. The big ones are quite large and the small ones are maybe twice the size of your average laptop. Hell look at the drones on the ground as well. Look up the sandflee that's a scary drone. Anything controlled by some soulless human willing to bid big brothers ill doing is a drone. I am scared for our future.
edit on 26-12-2013 by VoidWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

This information helps us to defend ourselves.

Thanks.

top topics

join