It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another time traveler photo ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This picture is more straightforward than the Charley Chaplin 'time traveller'. The man here has someone facing him, and it makes sense then, that it is a ear horn being used to hear what the man is saying. In the 'Chaplin' premiere sequence, the woman is talking away while walking, and there is no one responding to her.
edit on 25-12-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The photo makes me want for time travel tourism.

Time travel tourism would be such an interesting and fun holiday away vaycay.

The costumes that, at the time were not costumes are wonderful.

As much as I think that time travel is feasible, I don't, however, think this photo depicts a time-traveller.
Any event observed remains observed and indestructible/unalterable.
Thus, any attempt to travel in time would create an alternate duplicate space-time bubble universe where the observed universe can be altered and interacted with for whatever space and duration until such time as it too ceases to be observed and remerges with the originating timeline.

eh.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
All I see is a man in a White shirt and Black tie touching his face. I think what looks like a White object in his hand is actually the second half of his collar and his Black tie is giving the illusion of depth.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

It's impossible for it to be a cell phone. There were no cell towers or satillites. I knw they used to have a hearing aid type of device in those days. Or it could be a hankerchief.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
its most likely a hand held radio, several photos of similar content have been debunked with a similar explanation.
awesome photo none the less.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

id say this is way closer to being a time traveler caught in the act... the jerry curls prove it! does any one know when the hawiian shirt came to fruition?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I agree. It sound cool, their was a post on here couple of weeks ago, think it was the story of the month or some sort. A member had a story about a time traveler(young boy) would show up in this boys room and ask him some question. One being that he was lost on a school trip. He go's on to say that in the future the history lessons are cool you time travel to destinations in history to learn about them first hand. I just thought this story was cool as hell, I can't remember if it won or wot should have saved the link.

Sound like what we would do if we could master TT.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

xavi1000
Is not Thomas

So much Photoshop (poorly done in most cases shown), and the "teleporting rescuer", is an a hoax made by a video game company.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Without a doubt the guys got a newspaper or something like that.

What gives it an impression of a phone is the guy’s collar that looks like an antenna on the bottom of the phone, but that is the collar of his shirt

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He may be holding something that might have existed at the time and could have been sold to the very wealthy.

Foxhole radios were built using numerous designs. Most used a double edge razor blade with a wire running from each edge between the headphone terminals and antenna, and a pencil lead sitting on the blade. Most of these wartime sets did not have a slider-tuner arm. Without a tuner, they could only tune to one frequency. Richard Lucas, a POW in Vietnam, constructed a radio in camp and built his own earphones. Richard built his earphones by binding four nails together with cloth then winding wire and dripping wax over the turns. After about ten layers of wire he placed it in a piece of bamboo. A tin can lid was placed over the coil of wire. The listener connected the improvised earphone to the foxhole radio and received three radio stations. The best listening was at night, according to Lucas.[4]

Source

It was actually a crime to own a radio in the US during WW1, which ended in 1918. Such a radio did not require batteries and received the energy needed to run it from the radio signal. Making one the size of what the man is holding would probably have to held to the ear to hear the transmission.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

notice how its rare to see fat people in them early period photos. I assume hes itching ear or covering it to hear her more easier in the crowd. If its not that then looks like hes on a phone or has radio to ear.
edit on 25-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Another thought, imagine Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus transporting through a time machine to that scene!

The apocalypse would come about

BTW the link gets a great close up of the picture.

www.shorpy.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yeah, there are a hundred more possibilities more practical than time traveler.

Let's suppose for a minute that time travel WAS possible and this man traveled back in
time to do whatever he is here to do secretly and without disrupting anything.

Does it make much sense that he would whip out a futuristic communication device and use it in the open around this many people? really?

Did he also just appear in the middle of that public area in full view of everyone or do you think it was in a more private place?

I believe common sense and critical thinking is a thing of the past anymore.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A Foxhole radio this size would only be able to pick up one frequency.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Really ? the guy is holding up a magazine to shield his face from the sun.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just curious speculation but...

If science could master time travel for people, maybe it could to create a system that sends voice and data back and forth through time also.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What kind of cell phones are those? I really want one one. Those things are quantum entangled to our time or the near future. No phone bill bill or anything. I really want that cell phone.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

ramle
What kind of cell phones are those? I really want one one. Those things are quantum entangled to our time or the near future. No phone bill bill or anything. I really want that cell phone.

They (timetravelers) use some sort of satellite phone, that black knight satellite connects them to the future.
Keep this info to yourself, no one is supposed to know

top topics

<< 1   >>

join