It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas for this Vegas Gambler!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone, and how about a happy story showing some decency in man for a change this morning?

It seems one Vegas cab driver felt some of the Holiday spirit (or common decency, whichever we want to call it...) and did something you sure don't hear about everyday.......

LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas cab driver made a significant discovery in his cab Monday: a bag containing $300,000 in cash. The driver of the Yellow-Checker-Star cab made the discovery during a pick-up at the Bellagio hotel, reports CBS station KLAS in Las Vegas.

Gerardo Gamboa has been driving taxis in Las Vegas since 1989 and never expected he'd be named cab driver of the year after the discovery.

No such luck with finders/keepers on this one, as some might imagine. The gambler it belonged to wasn't too far behind in claiming his money.

The man came forward shortly afterwards to claim his money after Metro police did a four-hour investigation. The money was returned to the 28-year-old professional poker player.
Source

I sure wouldn't test this level of faith in our fellow man with $300,000 in cash, but it sure is nice to see some people do the right thing.

edit on 25-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Fixed Link

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The second time I was in Vegas a cab driver took us to the Paris Hotel after a long drive on the expressway. After 10 minutes of that drive we saw the Luxor Hotel on the right. Knowing that the Luxor is a five minute drive from the airport, the game was up, the cab driver got his money but no tip, and lesson learned. Glad to know that some Vegas cab drivers are just the opposite of that fellow, although I hope the poker player gave him a massive tip for what he did. He certainly could have thought of a way to keep the money and didn't.
edit on 25-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I do like to hear stories like this. Though I will admit as tempting as it would have been to keep said small fortune. karma can be a real mofo.. Since I whole heartily believe in karma I would have to do the same. Nice find Warrbit S&F. Merry Christmas ya'll....

Grim

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Interesting story and I bet someone is happy to get their money back... Hummm wonder when the IRS will show up?

Reminds me of another story about a cabbie. A passenger in a taxi heading for a train station leaned over to ask the driver a question and gently tapped him on the shoulder toget his attention.
The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb and
stopped just inches from a large plate window. For a few moments everything was
silent in the cab. Then the shaking driver said "Are you OK? I'm so sorry, but you scared the daylights out
of me." The badly shaken passenger apologized to the driver and said, "I didn't
realize that a mere tap on the shoulder would startle someone so badly."

The driver replied, "No, no, I'm the one who is sorry, it's entirely my fault.
Today is my very first day driving a cab. I've been driving a hearse for 25 years."
edit on 25-12-2013 by 727Sky because: e

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

S&F

Very Nice story. I have to admit, it might be difficult to turn in that amount of money instead of ... ohhh buying a house, car... moving...lol

Yeah, that cab driver is top notch!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yeah, no kidding. I was just talking to someone here recently about the life of an Ex-Pat in Thailand of all places..and how things cost. Well.. $300,000 would make money like having a God Mode cheat code in many nations around the world ...for the frugal and modest person to live on. Especially in that town? You could be 'gone by dawn' on a flight to anyplace in the world and never come back if you didn't want to.

Of course, someone like me could never shave again....as it requires the use of a reflective device to see myself in. That'd be the kicker for me... I have a conscience like an obnoxious little Angel with an attitude. lol..

new topics

top topics

join