It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Symbols and The Space Time Continuum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

maus80
reply to post by iamea

I would definitely like to try drawing that! I'm not much of an artist though; Do you think the same effect could be achieved with nails and yarn?

good idea, It would be worth a try.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
Interesting and thought provoking thread. However, symbolism is just a reflection of nature and what is represented by nature. Hence why symbolism is mirrored across cultures. After all nature comes before culture. A hidden meaning may or may not exist!

I was merely stating that it gave me an understanding of the nature of the universe that prior to doing this I was unaware of.

I came across this concept by accident, it was not my intention to open up anything at that time I was merely being creative.

It happened a number of times, so I was able to observe a pattern.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Pentagram also contains the Golden Ratio en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

maus80

This geometric structure of space creates perfect equilibrium, and scales inward and outward to infinity. Meaning every "section" of the structure can contain an infinite number of smaller sections with the same geometry, and is part of a larger section, that is part of a larger section, on to infinity. It's nice to have a visual for how infinite space can exist!

With respect, in my opinion, I think all this is a bit grasping in attempting to force a philosophy of symbology into some validity based on a loose laymen understanding of Scientific Geometry.

It is fascinating how many people try and attribute geometric rules to cosmological constants:
As an example, the fine structure constant:

en.wikipedia.org...

which can be derived from a good number of different equations:

Mikhail Vlasov devised formulas explaining α in terms of the structure of a 10-dimensional hypercube, and later another method based on a "spinning electron" described by a 137-sided polygon.

mrob.com...

Then there is theory that 137 is the limit to the size of atomic nucleii. Beyond that, electrons in the innermost orbital have to travel faster than the speed of light. Then there is the idea that there are 10 dimensions in our universe, we see three physical dimensions XYZ, plus time, along with six other dimensions hidden from our perception.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Verifiable Rarity.

My coffee just ran out and I need to go refill my cup.

If the Universe is indeed infinite, any fraction or part of it would also be infinite.
My coffee is part of the Universe.
My coffee ran out.
Not Infinite.

The law of conservation of energy states that, "Energy cannot be created nor destroyed."

The law of conservation of matter states that, "Matter cannot be created nor destroyed."

While the latter definition doesn't have a clear subject definition, it still stands.

Your coffee didn't run out. It simply changed or 'transmuted' as I like to say.

So the coffee you drank still exists, but in another form.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Brilliant idea and I am sure it is true as one that has professionally worked with symbols.
I was initiated into the teaching degree of the Western type of Reiki originally developed in Japan by Master Usui. I am also an astrologer (Indian). Just twirl those symbols around and see where you get... amazing.
They are all 3D.
As to why people of ancient times decided to write stuff in 2D?
Partly because that was enough to show the initiated person, together with some instructions of visualisation.
In Egypt it seemed like that was enough.
Later, as a darker age approached, Kali Yuga, a decline of all the great ancient empires and an approach of medieval times, the Muslim caliphates in India etc. they did mere preservation strategies. All the classics of India were memorized in Sanskrit verse. All the astrology studies for example.

What would you do if a lower stage of civilization would be impending, where barbarians burn libraries containing thousands of years of records (as in Alexandria), kings usually do not live longer than 28 and people disfigure the noses of sculptures made with the highest art and technology thousands of years ago merely because of religious fanaticism? With literacy being the privilege of a priesthood?
I would stick with 2D.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

maus80

This geometric structure of space creates perfect equilibrium, and scales inward and outward to infinity. Meaning every "section" of the structure can contain an infinite number of smaller sections with the same geometry, and is part of a larger section, that is part of a larger section, on to infinity. It's nice to have a visual for how infinite space can exist!

With respect, in my opinion, I think all this is a bit grasping in attempting to force a philosophy of symbology into some validity based on a loose laymen understanding of Scientific Geometry.

The quoted statement above could apply to any shape. It could apply to a square. It could apply to a circle. It could apply to an abstract. 'infinite' repetition of a single pattern or patterns is fractal.
There's nothing magical about it at all really.
The pixels on your computer are all one shape repeated over and over, but, just different colors to form these words, or anything you desire on your screen.

Further, "Infinity" does not in actuality exist in our universe.
It cannot exist in our universe.

1a. Because the universe is Finite.
1b. Any fraction of infinity is also Infinite; such is the nature of infinity.
1c. Because there is verifiable rarity, this indicates no Infinity, because any fraction would also be infinite.

2. Because the Universe is Finite it cannot contain anything larger.

We can have abstract FINITE representations of the concept of "infinity", but, even the fastest computer in the universe could not ever count to or quantify an Infinite value in entirety.

edit on 12/25/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

I thought the universe is always expanding at an increasing rate.... is this not by deifnition infinity?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Further, "Infinity" does not in actuality exist in our universe.
It cannot exist in our universe.

1a. Because the universe is Finite.
1b. Any fraction of infinity is also Infinite; such is the nature of infinity.
1c. Because there is verifiable rarity, this indicates no Infinity, because any fraction would also be infinite.

2. Because the Universe is Finite it cannot contain anything larger.

Bold statements from a bunch of ants on a speck of dust. I think perhaps it might be worth collecting a few thousand years more data before we declare the nature and scope of the universe solved.

There is reasonable skepticism regarding the use of red shift as a means of determining distance, and well founded skepticism regarding the age, and origin of what we call the universe.

For me, the larger questions of cosmology are far from answered - we would do well to remind ourselves of the earlier models we had of the universe and how far they diverged from observations collected in modern scientific history.

We are measuring, recording and finding new information daily - a great deal of which raises more questions than answers, and most of which conflicts with our established models.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Kokatsi
What would you do if a lower stage of civilization would be impending, where barbarians burn libraries containing thousands of years of records (as in Alexandria), kings usually do not live longer than 28 and people disfigure the noses of sculptures made with the highest art and technology thousands of years ago merely because of religious fanaticism? With literacy being the privilege of a priesthood?
I would stick with 2D.

The library of Alexandria is what came to my mind too - the majority of detailed information of the ancient world is long gone, but everything that was reduced down to basic symbology and metaphorical stories has survived.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Please do show me where the universe has been proven to be Finite.
I must have missed that Class.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nice thread!! Wish I would have found this earlier!

I have been exploring similar ideas but more on an interpretive basis. The star of David in particular and the hexagram are two that I've been increasingly focused on.

The Hex being a 2D interpretation of a 3D cube at a 45deg orientation. Orientation is an extremely important determining factor for interpretation. See perspectology for more on this.

The star of David having within it a 45deg oriented cube...in addition to orientation opacity also plays a role...utilizing points, lines, and transparent planes the interpretation is completely different than opaque planes. Most interpretations of geometry utilize opaque planes and not transparent...this puts an over emphasis on the planes and less emphasis on the lines...which if you are collapsing a 3D image into a 2D image or expanding a 2D to a 3D makes a world of difference in what you see as a result...

Here is an transparent plane interpretation of the star of david

The star of david then not being constructed of tetrahedrons but cubes...

3 cubes within a larger cube housing to be exact...the empty space also being 3 cubes...the space being shaped by the 3 cubes.

you can see this interpretation illustrated within the design of a snowflake:

There is an X Y and Z axis. even the angle of the barbs on the snowflake indicate a tri-cube structure @45deg

This is just one of my interpretations on the star of david, the hexagram, and cubes etc...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sly1one

somehow I'm just seeing your reply. Thank you for sharing that!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join