It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Murdered in South Sudan as we Celebrate Christmas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

Would you like for the US to send in its marines?

No, but lets not call us civilized. We sit and marvel at how advanced we are. We are not. We are just animals with advanced animal desires. We think we are different but we are very barbaric. I am guilty of this as we all are.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

lol, you believe that lie?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Why are there US marines there? I think they should go home. The world doesnt exactly appreciate our involvement anywhere anymore (nor does it deserve it any longer)....so send french troops or whoever the hell wants to go.

I agree with this. We don't need to get involved. There's nothing we really can do there when the country is split among a bunch of warring tribes/ethnic groups. It looks just like another Somalia waiting to happen.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
African countries need to band together to police themselves. Africa is a huge continent, larger than the US, China, Europe, and India combined. There are millions of Africans, and countries of great wealth and power.

True leaders do not ask for others to enter their sovereign country to fix their internal problems. True leaders assemble their forces, motivate their countrymen, and arm them to fight for the right.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Begin today, lead your people toward freedom from oppression.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Don't worry, he is, very soon. Very soon. Try to find some solace in that if you can.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Where aren't people dying?This is obviously an internal Sudanese struggle that should be settled amongst themselves.Or should we just send troops to every country with problems?Don't think so.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Well, I'm sorry OP but they've been dying there every day, 7 days a week and year around for years. Clooney and others have been talking about it at least that long...begging anyone to take notice.

I'm hardly going to distract myself from a very enjoyable Christmas to focus on death, bodies and how they got to be that way, half a world away in someone ELSE's war. Especially when the general public couldn't find it on a map, in half the cases..and the ones who could, don't care anyway.

I hope Sudan sorts out their issues..but it's not our fight. Hasn't been our fight and really, isn't something to involve Americans unless someone on our side moves to change that ..which would be terminally foolish, IMO.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Too late.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Well, I'm sorry OP but they've been dying there every day, 7 days a week and year around for years. Clooney and others have been talking about it at least that long...begging anyone to take notice.

I'm hardly going to distract myself from a very enjoyable Christmas to focus on death, bodies and how they got to be that way, half a world away in someone ELSE's war. Especially when the general public couldn't find it on a map, in half the cases..and the ones who could, don't care anyway.

I hope Sudan sorts out their issues..but it's not our fight. Hasn't been our fight and really, isn't something to involve Americans unless someone on our side moves to change that ..which would be terminally foolish, IMO.

Its Every ones fight. Imagine this happened in your town and your country and those close to you were being slaughtered and unable to defend themselves. You would Expect the world to help and when NO help came, what would you think?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well, as I noted before. It's not that I don't care. I absolutely DO care. It was heart wrenching to listen to a former United States Marine who was 100% volunteer with an NGO to help the villages being "displaced" by the Khartoum regime. They go in, burn the food stocks...burn the structures, such as they are, and if someone OTHER than a Westerner resist? Well..they burn them too. The bodies of that ...well.. That's one thing about college courses I learned real quick. They don't know the meaning of the word censor..and just as well. It left an impression on me that'll last a lifetime.

While I DO care...We aren't unlimited in resources and where we try to intervene? Things get worse rather than better at least half the time. Some wouldn't give it that much for the good. On top of that...

The numbers are tragic and hard to fathom in real world human terms. Despite that, how many of those places the US isn't already in right now ..should we join to 'feel good' about doing 'something'...when we'll likely increase suffering in the long term and prevent resolution by the meddling?

They'll work it out themselves...as it should be and as it needs to be, IMO. Africa has seen far too much Western "help" in the last couple centuries without Sudan getting a 2nd or 3rd helping. At least in how I see it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are either not realizing it or don't know. There are people dying everywhere, everyday, and have been for years and years and years awaiting for help from when these happened at the hands of dictators and effects of famine and ecological disasters. Many are...STILL waiting...and will keep waiting.

We all have to wake up some time in our lives and it usually takes one incident like this one to upset us enough to do as you did here...asking when we are going to help. Sadly, this is your wakeup.

We are not going to help...there are many, many such incidents happening and others we are not even aware of. We cannot police the world. Does it mean we shouldn't care? Of course not. Does it mean our governments should jump up today and act on this new one? Of course not. There are too many. And as its already been said...we cant police the world.

I felt your pain in your OP here as though youre are just now outraged by this incident enough to say so. Like it was the first one to move you. We've all had those. You have to learn to move on, state your concerns and if anything positive can come of it...make your point and others aware. This is good. But don't expect the world to act. They wont. All they may do from the comfort of their homes away from the strife..is enact something called "SANCTIONS" against the offenders.

Recently a thread was posted about the famine in Africa and don't we care about all those dying. It was the first time this poster really realized this was happening. We told them for some of us, we've been aware for over 50 years that this was happening and that it wasn't something new. To them perhaps, but not most of us.

Sadly, this is another incident that is more of a wake-up call than a "call-to-action". Its not that we don't care enough to climb in planes and boats and head over there guns blazing. Its that we do care. We cant save everyone or help with everything. Sounds cold on this Christmas Day 2013. It is. Very.

I think it comes down to making others aware of these earth-shaking events against mankind. We need to choose those conflicts to support and which ones not too. We cant do them all. We cant help them all. We wont send troops to them all. We wont sent aid to them all. There are just too, too many, and new ones like the one you mention here all the time. They need help as well.

We lose a bit of our innocence when we realize this. Its unfortunate that we still have to worry about these things on this Christmas Day and in this Hanukkah and Kwanza season. But....it a good thing we do.

Happy Holidays to all...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Cant help but wonder if the CIA are supporting a side or fanning the flames hoping for a more compliant regime.

Unfounded speculation i know but its fairly standard practice.

Not sure what your Christmas rant is about, are you suggesting i cancel Christmas and fly out there with my carving knife to sort out the bad men?

There's people killing each other everywhere all the time, this is nothing new and it will not stop me enjoying one of the few chances I get to see everyone I love.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Its Every ones fight.

OK, My Great Grand Son's unit will be there as soon as you and your friends grab a Gun, Ammo and get organized.

Our son's and daughter's have no business anymore being the Worlds Police Force.
edit on 26-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Why does one tribe have to attack another? Why did the Moslem North and Christian and animist South not get along? Why did the attempt to share power in the South between the two main tribes fail? Our human tribalism has been the cause of problems as long as there have been humans. Stepping in each time all over the planet..... a never ending job until human nature changes. People will be killed. Innocents will be killed. On the news they said that neighbors started taking up arms (machetes is a common one) and started forming their groups based on their tribal affiliations, then started accosting people, finding out who they stood with, and the slaughter began. Not Good Neighbors. I can't lose sleep over human idiocy.... I'd never get any sleep at all. Maybe the fact that its Christmas makes it seem more horrible, but its daily on this planet, somewhere, some place.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

guohua

Its Every ones fight.

OK, My Great Grand Son's unit will be there as soon as you and your friends grab a Gun, Ammo and get organized.

Our son's and daughter's have no business anymore being the Worlds Police Force.

I'm sorry, I said Grant Grand Son. ( Drinking to much )
He's our Grand Son, yes, they also have a son and I can only guess with the Years of Violence in the Sudan and other parts of Africa, It'll still be an issue, But Hopefully Not America's Problem to Police!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join