It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Murdered in South Sudan as we Celebrate Christmas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Over the past few days many thousands of men, woman and children were shot dead in the streets of South Sudan while innocently going about their business. On this day the 25th Dec it continues while we in the west celebrate Christmas.

Civilians are being murdered in broad daylight. A force is needed yesterday to stop the bloodshed. Why does it always take the world so long to act?

edit on 25-12-2013 by intrepid because: Fixed all caps title.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

STARTRUTH49

Civilians are being murdered in broad daylight. A force is needed yesterday to stop the bloodshed. Why does it always take the world so long to act?

Money..

I am very sorry to hear this.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Say hello to the reality of the world we live in. It of course can be stopped, if governments clean out their lazy beaucracy and squabbles, and focus eliminating conflict and violence. Can it happen? ....well im having a Christmas drink and will toast for that.
edit on 25-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
Say hello to the reality of the world we live in. It of course can be stopped, if governments clean out their lazy beaucracy and squabbles, and focus eliminating conflict and violence. Can it happen? ....well im having a Christmas drink and will toast for that.
edit on 25-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Thanks for all the responses and contemplate deeply a scene in the city of South-Sudan; Men, woman and children walking down the streets, shopping and minding their own business when all of a sudden they are shot at in the streets. When you see a mother and child running for cover and then being shot, for NO reason, and all around innocent civilians blood pours into the streets, nothing to celebrate here.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wow - that's not something I would have thought to hear about on this day. I know it happens but it is usually not one of the first things to hear about on Christmas. I'll send a prayer that way.

I took a quick glance and it is saying "massacre - murder and rape" and it appears it comes down to one side supporting one leader while the other side supports another leader. Why do people worship other people? How weak can the human spirt be to not have any control of their emotions (or minds), and to then allow it to come to behaving like this?

What a sad turn of events.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

Would you like for the US to send in its marines?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

tadaman

Would you like for the US to send in its marines?

They already are, why does it take the UN so long to act, that is the question that we should be asking in the future.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The UN isnt a world government. They have no authority to "respond" in any way.

The Sudanese government or its civilians can ask for what ever help they want....the UN can be the mechanism for that exchange...though I see no reason why they have to be included in the mix.

The UN seems to just hinder any real effort for true balance on a world scene....too many petty interests being served. (thats why they will never be a real mechanism for global coordination.)

The false impression of a required formal response by anyone not from Sudan is absurd.

EDIT TO ADD:
Why are there US marines there? I think they should go home. The world doesnt exactly appreciate our involvement anywhere anymore (nor does it deserve it any longer)....so send french troops or whoever the hell wants to go.

edit on 12 25 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

STARTRUTH49

Look at all of the conflicts we are currently involved with. Look at the regions. Now... tell me what they all have in common.

Since about 2005 - 2007, Sudan's oil has been on the rise. Conveniently, since around that time, we've been hearing more media about the atrocities there. I'm pretty sure that attention will increase as their oil production increases. Just watch.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

tadaman

The UN isnt a world government. They have no authority to "respond" in any way.

The Sudanese government or its civilians can ask for what ever help they want....the UN can be the mechanism for that exchange...though I see no reason why they have to be included in the mix. They seem to hinder any real effort for true balance on a world scene....too many petty interests being served. (thats why they will never be a real mechanism for global coordination.)

The false impression of a required formal response by anyone not from Sudan is absurd

This is an eye witness account ! Who are you ?! Don't try draw attention away from the subject at hand. People are dying.

edit on 25-12-2013 by STARTRUTH49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This is an eye witness account. Who are you ?! Don't try lessen the urgency of what is happening.
People are dying.

AND?

So should the US be the world police or not?

Who are you to hurry my countrymen to their death...or anyone for that matter. I am not Sudanese...nor are any of my people helped or hurt by whatever the hell they wish to do over there....

What You want some Christian morals and good will to nudge people into a conflict not their own? Who are you to do that?

I dont care. Atheists and the globalist community can do whatever the hell they want. We suck remember...

so let things suck.....

I dont care...Thats who I am.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The UN doesn't act because their number one goal is depopulation -

Look at the hutu's and the tutsi's genocide in Rwhanda (I think I got that right).

The UN, IMF, World bank, federal reserve, monsanto, all of the big pharma organizations, BP and the few of the other world oil conglomerates, and all of the rest of the bankster's organizations need to be defunded and assasinated before anything to "help the starving people's of the world" will ever have any effect.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Ok so I found the story and read it. Are you worried about another Rwanda? Because it is stating this all began 10 days ago so when compared to other genocides (or beginning thereof) this is a swift intervention (a vast improvement).

I think it is difficult because of the politics and sovereignty along with universal moral codes. How much is too much? To me it's all too much but when it comes to potentially starting a war through implementing something as serious as interference that can shift the entire Country to one side or another, (thereby increasing internal stress = more murders than would have happened without interference) care must be taken.

I can see why it takes time to make these decisions. Before you get in the middle of the fight know what the fight is about (be absolutely clear). Then make sure you won't make matters worse. After intervening I would guess the objective would be to protect those who can't protect themselves and take care to not pick sides otherwise.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
There is hope.

Sudan does have oil fields.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

fix your own country!!!! we are broke from policing the world
edit on 25-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

for NO reason, and all around innocent civilians blood pours into the streets, nothing to celebrate here.

No there isn't, but the ones who can stop it are the ones you need to focus your anger on.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

LDragonFire

That is what you have to say to the world! Is that the attitude of the Americans or just you!

I am from South Africa our country does not need as much fixing as yours, as for policing the world you already do it, with or without permission. As for the information you already have that with or without permission

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Merry Christmas.

Not fast enough?

thehill.com...

About 150 Marines arrived in Djibouti on Monday to be ready to quickly protect U.S. interests amid the growing South Sudan violence.

Oh wait. They are just there, "posturing", not to actually fight anyone, just to protect their "interests". Whew. For a minute there, I thought the U.S. was about to get involved in something else, yet again. Without approval. But nope. Just "posturing", and they admit it!

“One of the lessons learned from the tragic events in Benghazi was that we needed to be better postured, in order to respond to developing or crisis situations, if needed. These precautionary movements will allow us to do just that.”

Oh, wait...

Separately, the Wall Street Journal reported that the U.S. planned to introduce an emergency Security Council resolution Monday afternoon that would allow the deployment of up to 5,000 additional international peacekeeping troops. Those tropes would primarily come from neighboring peacekeeping missions.

Oops, I guess some people didn't get a Christmas while having to go police the world.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

www.cnn.com...

U.N. OKs more troops in S. Sudan

(Someone mentioned the UN?)

The council's vote could nearly double the size of the U.N. peacekeeping force in the country, allowing for up to 12,500 military troops and 1,323
police to patrol there.

"There is no military solution to this conflict," Ban said, later adding that "in this season of peace, I urge the leaders of South Sudan to act for peace."

edit on 25-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

STARTRUTH49

LDragonFire

That is what you have to say to the world! Is that the attitude of the Americans or just you!

I am from South Africa our country does not need as much fixing as yours, as for policing the world you already do it, with or without permission. As for the information you already have that with or without permission

I think you missed his point as much you missed the question marks...

please read his post again. Hes kinda right. Im not even american... enough with this aid crap. The west... the US, europe, etc are all screwed up as it is... time for all the other countries to take care of themselves and to stop counting on others to take care of them, to give them support, aid etc...

Unless... wait... now as an european, I have to ask... they did want independence and all that crap, cease to be colonies etc etc...? You know... that independence was always one-sided. Time for all of them to truly be independent and really get to know what feels to be a country without foreign aid... unless of course they want to be colonies again, which of course they were so much better to begin with.

And about south africa... how about you stop idolizing the terrorist madiba or at least keep that sad episode of history to yourselves eh?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

UN sponsered "nieghboring peace keeping missions" translates to other african "troops" exploiting, raping, and murdering to "keep the peace".

I wish Jesus would just come back and elimante the horrible, selfish people of the world - only He could know which are which these days..... They come in every color, sex, and economic background.

God please help the victims of this world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join