It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has it's 'Roos too! Take that you Aussies, but you can keep your bugs and snakes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

bally001
I think my worst/best experience with a dingo was walking along a bush track/road near place called Walungurru (Kintore) N.T. I was walking in the evening after work and about 3 kilometres from the community. Partial moon but could distinguish the track and desert features. I had a fast pace up in the cooler air. I felt something quickly brush against the back of my legs. I stopped and quickly turned. I heard something in the spinifex on the side of the track.

I walked towards the sound and whatever it was took off through the spikey grass. Well I was a little apprehensive here and commenced the world record fastest noncholant walk back towards the dim lights of the community. No sooner had I turned my back and walked about 10 metres the same thing occurred again. This time whatever it was stopped in the spinifex a short distance away.

I stopped and peered in that direction and after a while I could make out the features of the animal. It was certainly a dog.

So. It was backwards walking for a while and this animal followed me off the side of the roadway. Dingo's have a distinctive lope/canter if those are the words to describe their slow run and as I made progress closer to the community the dog crossed the road 3 times about 10 metres away.

As the first town lights made it easier to see I stopped again and sure enough I could make out the box head and ears of the Dingo. Standing in the bush grass. I got back to the house no worries.

The next day I mentioned it to some of the locals (Pintupi Aboriginlas) who informed me he was the 'spirit' Dingo who looked after those who had passed on and were buried in the cemetary at that location. "He was telling you to move away" they told me.

I saw the animal on several occasions the next 12 months. Interestingly I had to talk out aloud if I walked past that way (as instructed by the locals) but I always carried a torch after that. Spotted him. Grey/Blue coat. Glowing eyes. But he left me alone. Never touched me again.

So was this a real animal or a "spirit animal"/shapeshifter?

Feel free to embellish and stretch the truth as much as you like, we need more such stories in this country. There is one about a mist monster in Scotland going on at the moment.
ATS Thred

Did you get min min lights up there?
edit on 25/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

It was real one Cinrad. Just mentioning the peoples beliefs. And no, I didn't see Min Min lights. Regardless of their beliefs and there were some beyond that I always respected what they had to say. Probably no different from working on Indian reservations in the states or Inuit communities in Canada.

Merry Xmas.

Bally.

<< 1   >>

join