It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has it's 'Roos too! Take that you Aussies, but you can keep your bugs and snakes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Video proof that we are seeing Aussie immigrants coming to America!

www.theblaze.com...

What I find odd is that it was hunters who filmed this and they didn't shoot it, but rather applauded it.

Yep...we are living in bizarro world...LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As you could have probably guessed.... I saw this earlier.

I wouldn't mind having a yard full of Boomers and it would be a good change from the cows.

Strange things indeed....I would have applauded as well though.

ETA - Would you not really wonder WTH if it ran through your yard?? I mean "our" minds aren't programmed for "kangaroos just lounging out and about".
That would have been awesome!!
edit on 12/25/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
ETA - Would you not really wonder WTH if it ran through your yard?? I mean "our" minds aren't programmed for "kangaroos just lounging out and about".

Well, I can tell your not from Wisconsin, Minnesota or North Dakota, as the proper term would be "Oot and a Boot."

But the hunter in me wonders do they taste like venison?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Kangaruex4Ewe

Well, I can tell your not from Wisconsin, Minnesota or North Dakota, as the proper term would be "Oot and a Boot."

Nope. Where I'm from I would have said "Over yonder".

I would never eat one, but I know lots of people do. They say they are delicious... better than cow by a long shot seems to be the consensus from what I've read.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

"O'er yonder, jest byond the holler thar be 'Roos. But you be jest be careful...they be dangerous critters."

Is that about right?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

TDawgRex

"O'er yonder, jest byond the holler thar be 'Roos. But you be jest be careful...they be dangerous critters."

Is that about right?

At' right thar is nigh on it sure enough.

It's pretty bad when you have to have a "phone voice" that's different from your regular voice to get people to take you a little more seriously.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Kangaroos are a start but when do we get the cute little Koala bears?

The can keep those crocodiles. Our wee ones are bad enough.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Kangaroos are a start but when do we get the cute little Koala bears?

The can keep those crocodiles. Our wee ones are bad enough.

Drop Bears? Seriously? They are vicious critters, cute but they can be mean...but yet, once again, I wonder how they taste.

I've had Croc before and it was quite good. And as far as I'm concerned is that the only good Alligator or Croc is the one on my plate. Rather than me on theirs.
edit on 25-12-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

TDawgRex

Kangaruex4Ewe

Nope. Where I'm from I would have said "Over yonder".

I would never eat one, but I know lots of people do. They say they are delicious... better than cow by a long shot seems to be the consensus from what I've read.

Better than cow?? It's leaner meat but has a stronger gamier flavor, plus I like my meat cooked well, but roo meat has to be still bleeding or very red inside to be considered cooked.

As for them running through your yard, our neighbour had one "run through his yard" and destroyed all his ferns and his entire veggie garden. At least cows can't jump over a 5 foot high fence.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

jamesthegreat

Better than cow?? It's leaner meat but has a stronger gamier flavor, plus I like my meat cooked well, but roo meat has to be still bleeding or very red inside to be considered cooked.

As for them running through your yard, our neighbour had one "run through his yard" and destroyed all his ferns and his entire veggie garden. At least cows can't jump over a 5 foot high fence.

I kind of like my meat cooked a bit too. Plus I just love looking at them so much I don't think I could try it no matter how it was cooked.

I have seen many a cow do some pretty steep jumping in my neck of the woods. I have seen them jump a 4 foot fence from standing in a still position.

I'm not sure how high this fence is, but it gives you an idea.

I guess "the grass is always greener on the other side" is fitting here. You are always willing to trade off something for something else, and both are just as bad as the other.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I was in OZ many years ago and after a very long flight and wanting some real food I decided to see what I could find. As I was wondering around I came across a sandwich shop and went in. There was only a couple of customers and the cook was fixing what looked like a Philly stake n cheese with grilled onions. Now the smell was fantastic and it looked good. The cook asked me what I would like to have and I told him that whatever he was cooking looked and smelled good so I would have one of those.

In a few minutes I received my order and it was a delight to the eyes, nose and the taste was better than any Philly I had ever had. I devoured it like a man that hadn't eaten in a month. After finishing, a gentleman next to me, noticing that I was not an Aussie and inquired; " you know what that was mate?" to which I replied; "no but it was great." he smiled and said; "that was roo mate.". I guess everyone was expecting me to run and lose the sandwich but I replied; "cool, I'll have another!" this brought smiles all around.

They are really cool animals and tasty too. would love to try one on the BBQ but it's not imported here. Sad to say, I never did see a roo in the wild while in OZ. I would have settled for a wallaby but no luck. Now you have some hunters in the US film one running past some cows, what luck!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

TDawgRex

Is that about right?

At' right thar is nigh on it sure enough.

It's pretty bad when you have to have a "phone voice" that's different from your regular voice to get people to take you a little more seriously.

Now that was funny..
I have a yard full of roos. Moved from the crocs up north. Have eaten them in the desert but the grey roos outside here in northern NSW are clam and placid. The horses and dogs here don't bother them.

But if they cross the house fence into my garden/vege patch then its roo steaks for a week. Nice flavour after hanging the carcass for a couple of days. Roo tail is excellent. Kinda like Ox tail. Especially like it curried. Yum Yum.

Now koalas. Nup.

Croc. Yep.

Merry xmas.

Bally

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I had a couple of roo burgers two days ago for lunch. I have had it a few times, it can be a cheap red meat option. It is supposed to be darker than beef, like venison or horse meat is very red and rich. I dont know about the stuff the sell at the supermarket, I always think it hasnt been bled properly, it seems to have too much blood running off it, so I wonder if the taste is from the blood or the meat. Anyway funny we aren't selling to the US, Russia is buying heaps of it and so is Germany now. There has been a special abattoir set up somewhere in Western Qld I heard, or did that close down?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bally001

G,day mate.. what these blokes dont grasp is the fact that a boomer. a male roo can rip the guts out of your pet dog and you.
Now for taste i prefer wallaby minced with onion and herbs with mashed spuds and gravy.
Mate u need to check your u2u.
Hope you have enjoyed a happy and a safe Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How cool is that, I wouldn't mind this sort of an invasion.
Are roo's acceptably edible? how do they taste?
Or are they just for looking incredibly cute?
But yeah, them Aussies can keep their bugs and snakes, we Americans just ain't rough and tumble enough for that sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

we had one running around here near Midland, TX about a month ago. I commented to my wife that they likely would find the area a decent habitat, assuming they could find food.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

G'day Pronts. Yeah, done the U2U thing thanks.

Not partial to Wallaby. Cooked up a bad one some years ago. Stunk the kitchen out.

You're right about the big roos. Although I've found them mostly shy here on the east coast. Dogs chase them out of the 'top paddock' so to speak. Don't like the supermarket meat. Prefer fresh, bled and hung roo meat.

No roo for xmas though. Hope yesterday was a good day for you and yours. I'll be partaking in a bit of boxing day sport today watchin the telly. Have a good one.

Stay safe all.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by TDawgRex

we had one running around here near Midland, TX about a month ago. I commented to my wife that they likely would find the area a decent habitat, assuming they could find food.

They eat grass so I suppose they will find plenty of food out there. We have wallabies living around here and I have no idea what they eat because it seems so bare at this time of year and even after a season of good rains, the ground around here is hard, rocky and clayey, they still find enough to keep them happy though. They are very well adapted to dry conditions and have to cope with dingos here, I am not sure how coyotes compare to dingos. Maybe we are seeing the start of a pest problem.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Coyotes and dingo's would compare, but coyotes are very solitary. Are dingo's?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thats an interesting question BFFT. I have come across some dingo lairs where there are up to 3 families living together. These were out in the Tanami and Gibson deserts, central Aussie. Near waterholes and rocky outcrops. In saying that though I have seen the lone dogs on many occaisions.

I think my worst/best experience with a dingo was walking along a bush track/road near place called Walungurru (Kintore) N.T. I was walking in the evening after work and about 3 kilometres from the community. Partial moon but could distinguish the track and desert features. I had a fast pace up in the cooler air. I felt something quickly brush against the back of my legs. I stopped and quickly turned. I heard something in the spinifex on the side of the track.

I walked towards the sound and whatever it was took off through the spikey grass. Well I was a little apprehensive here and commenced the world record fastest noncholant walk back towards the dim lights of the community. No sooner had I turned my back and walked about 10 metres the same thing occurred again. This time whatever it was stopped in the spinifex a short distance away.

I stopped and peered in that direction and after a while I could make out the features of the animal. It was certainly a dog.

So. It was backwards walking for a while and this animal followed me off the side of the roadway. Dingo's have a distinctive lope/canter if those are the words to describe their slow run and as I made progress closer to the community the dog crossed the road 3 times about 10 metres away.

As the first town lights made it easier to see I stopped again and sure enough I could make out the box head and ears of the Dingo. Standing in the bush grass. I got back to the house no worries.

The next day I mentioned it to some of the locals (Pintupi Aboriginlas) who informed me he was the 'spirit' Dingo who looked after those who had passed on and were buried in the cemetary at that location. "He was telling you to move away" they told me.

I saw the animal on several occasions the next 12 months. Interestingly I had to talk out aloud if I walked past that way (as instructed by the locals) but I always carried a torch after that. Spotted him. Grey/Blue coat. Glowing eyes. But he left me alone. Never touched me again.

With regards to packs. Look up Dingoes on Fraser Island. Theres been some serious attacks there and calls for a culling of the dogs.

Where I live now (Hinterland - North Coast of NSW) there is a lone red coated Dingo which we see lope across the gravel road occaisionally. Seems to be a loner.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Bally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join