It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screeching/Screaming sounding flying around in the air always around 2:30 am?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

These "things" are said to be foretelling someone's death. And if you actually see it, you will be the one to die.

Did anyone you know die after hearing the screams?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Interesting. I couldn't say for sure. It was several years ago...not anyone close to me died. It may have around a time when we had a mass murder spree, and someone I knew was killed in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Asian screech owl? I live next to a wooded area in a fairly developed suburban area and I hear screeching/cawing sounds sometimes, as well as the "hoohooing" of owls. I know that a heron or similar such large marsh bird lives around here. Have from time to time seen birds -- besides owls -- flying around at night, and have heard flocks of geese flying at night. So I'm doubting the banshee explanation.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Lol, some whacked out replies here that made me laugh.

On a more serious(ish) note, I've heard something similar a few times. Back in 1997, a friend and I were investigating an old house that's been vacant since the 1950's. The owners of the property the house sat on would use it to store old car parts and various items that they had no place to put. The house was a really nice house, you could tell whoever built it put a lot of time and effort into it as the past forty years hardly put a dent on it besides the paint and cobwebs.

The family who owned the area said that their grandparents (the ones who owned it before them) used to rent the house out since the 30's, but no one would stay there for more then maybe six months. Sometimes, the house would sit vacant for a while until someone rented it causing their grandparents to go broke.

We asked why, and they said it's mainly due to the screams people would often hear. We'd ask if maybe it was an animal (noting owls as I've had two as "wild pets") and they said it could have been. But we all found it odd that throughout the years that no tenant realized this leading us to believe that the screams must have been something awful. (House located outside of Atlanta, Georgia. Last time I checked, the house was raised to the ground in order to build new homes as the area is now a developing housing area. The house in question was owned by friends of my uncle. That's also how we came to know of the place.)

Fast forward to about six in the evening, my friend and I were outside the property doing a walk around. Back in '97, we didn't have any equipment as this was just a hobby and we loved history, we purchased some due to the following incident.

Nothing unusual outside the house, a typical 1920's two story home not too far away from old farmland. We walked up to the front door which was locked by a padlock. We were stunned by the feeling we got as we walked inside. It's hard to describe and I'm getting goosebumps just writing about it. You felt like you weren't in the 90's anymore, like you stepped foot into the past. But you physically felt it, it wasn't just an emotional feeling, like I said it's difficult for me to explain. It almost felt like a dream.

Making sure to watch our steps as various parts of cars, lawnmowers and cans of bolts were strewn about, we made our way into the parlor. It was then we heard walking upstairs, like someone wasn't supposed to be up there and they realized someone was downstairs, so they walked slowly. We both were a little freaked, as this was at night in Georgia in "redneck country".

We made our way over to the main hall where the stairs to the second story was located. We both walked up and we could still hear light walking, but only intermittently like they stopped to listen every now and again. As we walked up, we found the second story to be rather cramped. You had to make a "U turn" to face the hallway which was rather narrow. (A street light outside gave us a little extra light at the end of the hall as there was a window.) With our flashlights in hand, we started to make our way down this narrow hallway. We walked slowly as we were trying to hear if there was any movement or footsteps coming from one of the rooms.

About half way down the hallway, both of us got a very uneasy feeling. Almost immediately after I said, "Maybe we should leave" we felt an ice cold rush of air push against us making every hair on our body stand up. What happened next was one of he most terrifying experiences I've had. As the gust of wind passed us, we heard very loud running towards us, you could feel it in the floor boards. We stood there frozen in place unable to move, and that's when we heard a loud, all encompassing scream. I swear, the noise came at us at a 360 degree angle. This was also the only time in my life where I almost fainted out of fear. (I remember my knees just losing energy and things going blurry, but I snapped out of it.)

My friend ran, all I could hear was him jumping down the stairs skipping three or four steps at a time. I was still in shock, but fear quickly gripped me and told me to run. I too jumped down the stairs, unfortunately I lost footing (knees went weak again) and fell down the last five steps spraining my wrist. Being sprawled out on your stomach at the bottom of some old stairs just having experienced what we did is NOT a comfortable position to be in. I remember crawling on all fours, sprained wrist and all out of the house. I just didn't have the time to get up until I was outside the door.

My friend was on the other side of the street yelling for me to hurry. We stood there for a good minute going through what we had just experienced, trying to rationalize it. We thought maybe someone was in there trying to scare us off, but that didn't account for the cold rush of air, nor did it account for the foot steps that ran towards us in the hallway. Plus, that scream, had you been there in person and heard it you would realize it was no person nor was it an animal. It literally filled every inch of the upstairs and reverberated down to our stomachs.

Neither of us could return to the front door to lock the place back up, so we went over to the owner who lived next door a ways. We told him what happened, and this is when we hear that he had "forgotten" to tell us of a story of an older lady who lived there last. She moved out in the early 50's and claimed that she would often be "attacked" in the second story hallway. When we asked what he meant about being attacked, he just said "verbally", like being screamed at. We could see in his eyes that he was a bit concerned about what just transpired as we basically told him what a lady forty years prior to us visiting said.

The three of us walked over, my friend and I waited by the road as the owner locked the place up again. As we thanked him for allowing us to look around, he offered us to return should we ever feel like getting anything on tape. We declined.

About a month after, we bought two voice recorders with external microphones (the old analog ones from Wal-Mart would make horrible background noise) and I got the old family camcorder we bought in 1993. Since then, we've had quite a few experiences, maybe even more frightening then the old house scream. But none that really stuck with us. It was just brutal, as it happened in a split second. I think that's why it stuck with us so well. I quit hunting in the early 2000's after moving to Europe.

Didn't want to bring this off topic, but I wanted to share my experiences with screams. Hope that's OK.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It's just the kids sacrificing a monkey. Go back to sleep.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

So did you actually go back to the same house to do your follow up investigations or some other place?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

No, as I mentioned we declined the offer to return. Both my friend and I have experienced scarier situations, but for some reason the scream house struck a chord with us. For days after the experience, we felt uneasy and on edge. No other experience, despite being scarier has truly given me such a fright as what we experienced that night.

Like I tried to explain, the scream happened instantly after a brush of cold air and what sounded like heavy running towards us. It was just so "brutal" in a way. It's hard to explain.
edit on 26-12-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Thanks for your reply. Was reading aloud your anecdote to a friend here as well as we both believe in the spiritual anyway, from a Christian perspective, and have had a few experiences of our own over the years but nothing like that, or the few others who posted in this thread. Gee would be quite the freaky encounter to have experienced other stuff even more frightening as you mention, but I guess the latter experiences didn't have quite the sudden and unexpected impacts that your experience did in that house.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

sled735
reply to post by old_god

Here's some info on the Banshee. Listen to the scream at the very end of the video. Did it sound anything like that?

Did you all miss my video? I'm interested in knowing if the scream sounded anything like the one at the very end of the video?

I used to have something that screamed in the woods across from my house, but I think that was a big foot. It had a screech sound too.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
These Plovers sound like screaming at 2.30 am..

Most annoying bird in the world, these creatures are always landing on my roof at night.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My cat is small but she fights way above her weight, last time I went outside late at night it was like a mass murder outside with her standing off 2 other "moggies".
The noise was sufficient to raise the dead and had the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. It was a combination of shrieking, screaming and growling and far worse than anything I heard when I was a trainee dog handler and returned my mutt back to kennels late at night with a full moon...creepy and noisy.
Another source so far unmentioned but quite regular near to me is the sound slow moving trains or wagons can make, especially with a brake shoe or 2 just rubbing at walking pace.
Owls and foxes certainly create their own cacophony.
Banshees, dunno, can't explain every noise as man-made or ATS would be out of business?
Aeroplanes, well the Avro Vulcan sounds like a werewolf at times, and regular commercial flights over my house can be heard throttling back on approach to one of 2 equi-distant regional airports, and that sounds a deep and variable moaning sound.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No...what I heard was nothing like that.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

old_god

iunlimited491
reply to post by old_god

You sure it wasn't Santa bro?

(o_O' )

You know I thought that, maybe he screwed up his landing and fell off the roof (hopefully)...fat bastard

That and he was probably p1ssed.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

check your roof, it might be a possum (assuming there are possums where you are). I remember this happening to me when I was a kid, I had just finished watching a horror movie, and heard this god awful noise outside, it scared the daylights out of me, it was a possum on the roof. They make a pretty horrid noise.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
In comparison to others....I choose the banshee.

Decades ago Its pretty common to encounter the banshee. If your friend said banshee and its in Asia, he probably right. Modern and westerners dont have these equivalent so westerners dont really know how to compare it. I myself never encounter it, just a glimpse of it only.

If you went outside to meet the banshee, you will encounter a female head, floating/flying, complete with intestines and internal organs, except the body. Its a human, transformed into a demon, by a black magic pact.

Usual deal is - "I want to look beautiful forever and powerful" with "I want human blood / just blood". Since the thing can fly, mostly you will saw an orb, usually multiple color if medium distance, flying fireball if far, and the head if very close. I think its coming out to feed, since people are getting modern now days, it resolve to eating frogs. Its favorite food is however human blood/umbilical chord but it wont kill or attack people. Mostly the witchdoctor feed it the blood spilled on birth (the witch doctor usually also deliver the baby).

If westerners encounter this, you guys would link it to UFO. Asians is a bit different, we knew when its a bird, a banshee or a UFO or whatever else, because its a common stuff, decades ago.

Debunkers might mock me for saying this, but we know our stuff better than what you can think. We already found it, it stuck to a thorny tree, everyone went the to see her/it
, we released her for humanity sake, but we do remember her face.

Ahh I hear the X Files theme....

Add: Am I correct to guess your location is somewhere South Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia ?
edit on 27-12-2013 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I knew a lady who was a Christian minister from Sydney who came from Indonesia. She said the stuff that goes on there couldn't be understood or accepted from people of the West. The witches and warlocks are unlike anything in the western world. I understand they don't put curses on people lightly, and with good reason! I think in the West we call it mind over matter, only they take it to a whole new level.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Precisely, never dare S.E.A black magic people, they gleefully looking forward to a challenge. Its a sport.

Weird stuff is - why all these things dont exist / lesser on other parts of the world ?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Shuftystick
My cat is small but she fights way above her weight, last time I went outside late at night it was like a mass murder outside with her standing off 2 other "moggies".
The noise was sufficient to raise the dead and had the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. It was a combination of shrieking, screaming and growling and far worse than anything I heard when I was a trainee dog handler and returned my mutt back to kennels late at night with a full moon...creepy and noisy.
Another source so far unmentioned but quite regular near to me is the sound slow moving trains or wagons can make, especially with a brake shoe or 2 just rubbing at walking pace.
Owls and foxes certainly create their own cacophony.
Banshees, dunno, can't explain every noise as man-made or ATS would be out of business?
Aeroplanes, well the Avro Vulcan sounds like a werewolf at times, and regular commercial flights over my house can be heard throttling back on approach to one of 2 equi-distant regional airports, and that sounds a deep and variable moaning sound.

Burger the cat is the prime Youtbube example:

We used to get woken up by cat fights which sounded just like Burger. Just imagine two if not three Burgers all at the same time in the middle of the night when sound really carries

edit on 27-12-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

openminded2011
reply to post by old_god

check your roof, it might be a possum (assuming there are possums where you are). I remember this happening to me when I was a kid, I had just finished watching a horror movie, and heard this god awful noise outside, it scared the daylights out of me, it was a possum on the roof. They make a pretty horrid noise.

That's too funny! What timing, huh?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My wife told me of alot of weird things in Asia,and people i had known who lived in Asia where she used to live ,also read of stuff Kenneth Andersons books ,who lived in Malaysia, evidently because people are more superstitious than westerners more things are likely to happen. One night me and my father camped on my brothers farm and from a small stand of bush came this menacing hissing very loud unlike anything i had heard before i didnt have a comfortable feeling about investigating it .At a difficult time in my life i did hear bird noises in my bedroom and flapping wings ,other times having wind blowing in my face and a scream waking me up ,other times having my name yelled out at me .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join