It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screeching/Screaming sounding flying around in the air always around 2:30 am?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi,

Wanted some info regarding a noise I often hear around 2:30 am if I am up late.

I have heard it before on my travels in Asia and I was told (very calmly) by the local that it was a night demon, a Banshee (they call they witches out there)?

I have heard one just now, started off like someone screaming in pain and then I noticed the noise was moving around suggesting it was something flying away and coming back, an awful squawking sound and then it was gone.

I have read many times that 2 - 2:30 am is "the witching hour" so this got me curious and I wonder if there is some crossover here between myth and some paranormal event?

And yes I am and have been fairly sensitive to particular events, energies etc for most of my life.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

You sure it wasn't Santa bro?

(o_O' )

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

It would help to know where you're located.

I know from personal experience that an owl catching a rabbit can be a shattering aural experience - they scream just like babies being tortured. It's awful.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I heard something similar a long while back. Turned out it was an owl that had caught some small mammal and flew off with it. Darn little thing screamed horrifically for several minutes.

Don't know about demons but owls are pretty much all over.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

If I didn't know better, sounds like a description of my ex girlfriend 17 years ago. She certainly drank like a banshee.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

iunlimited491
reply to post by old_god

You sure it wasn't Santa bro?

(o_O' )

You know I thought that, maybe he screwed up his landing and fell off the roof (hopefully)...fat bastard

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I've heard panther/mountain lion-type wild cats scream like a woman being murdered. But I also think what you heard could also be an owl.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Some great replies, particularly about the ex girlfriend, that I can believe.

Yes Owl sounds about right, wooded area etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm with Signalfire and some of the other repliers.

Owl + Rabbit = horrifically frightful noise that can go on for awhile.

O don't know if owls will prey on primates, but, primates can be extremely vocal as well. An owl, or, really, any predator grabbing a primate of near any sort will likely result in all sorts of disconcerting noises.

As stated by someone else also, it'd help to know where on the planet you're at.
We could, perhaps point out some candidates.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Or... it could be a banshee/demon thing. Anyone has thought about this?

I'd rather have a wabbit caught by an owl.

Unless the owl is Moloch. Then we are back with the banshee/demon thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I had a similar experience about 8 years ago in my back yard. I was up late, probably around 2 or 3 am, when i heard a horrible screaming coming from out side. It was like screams of agony spliced with some type of squacking. I went outside to try and find it and my dog wouldnt come with me. My dog was never afraid to scout out a possble threat, but this scared him. I followed the noise to the oak tree in my backyard. If seemed like it was coming from one of the high branches. I couldnt see any animals, and I had never heard that sound before in my life. The odd thing was that no one else was disturbed by the noise. It was so loud that it should have woken up my grandparents who slept with the windows open during the summer nights.

I have since decided that it was a demon. No human nor local animal could possibly make that noise. That was probably the first known encounter Ive had with demonic forces. They harrass me, my wife, my bestfriend, my half brother and my grandmother on a regular basis; often simultaneously no matter how far we live from each other.

If what you encountered was in fact a demon, then the only way to chase it away is to rebuke it in Jesus name. But, it only works if youve accepted Jesus as savior. If you use Jesus name without believing, it will only provoke a more severe attack...and they can be deadly.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I never heard anything that strange in my back yard. I live in South Carolina. Maybe we don't have any demons here.

I have heard an owl hooting late at night or in the morning.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm thinking dragon myself. An owl may be dragon something around.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I've heard one in New Zealand once, it was in Waitakere to be exact, at night. Definitely in the capital.

Sounded like a huge flying reptile. Just two or three screech, never heard of again. Happened at a time where I'm utterly distressed by the cares of life. I was suicidal at that time. But no drugs, no alcohol, not even sleep deprived, 100% pure, sane me, just suicidal.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Barn owls also emit a weird screetching and unnutural sound. In my latest travels in SE Asia, I have also heard a bird at night, that my partner calls the "f*ck you"- bird, as that is exactly what it sounded like.... Somebody screaming at the top of his voice, "F*ck you, f*ck you". Never saw that bird in daylight though.

You can hear the screetching of a barn owl in this youtube video :

edit on 25/12/2013 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've had cat battles & arguments rouse my interest in the past, sound like demon spawn.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

The timing and sounds you describe... strikes a chord.

Do you live in an area with a fox population? If so or even if you're not sure, this video of fox calls will verify either yea or no.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I haven't talked about this much...but I have experienced this twice. It was one of those things that you simply can't even describe to someone, let alone figure out what it is. So you pretend it never happened.

Both times were late at night. Once with my son present, the other time my daughter. The first time scared the crap out of me. We were walking out of my bedroom and there came this screeching, howling sound. I would say it was an owl (similar to video of barn owl screeching)....except it was like hundreds of them at once. And it 'coalesced' around the house, right outside the window. It was like there was a wind of screams that started in the distance, came up to the window and swept around the house. It was horrendous and scary. It happened about a year later, this time when we were in my sons room. Same thing. Came from afar, seemed right outside his window and then faded. It was such a bone-chilling thing that we never even went to the window to look. And I am someone that will go outside when I hear a sound. But there was an instinct that told me NOT to look.

My son and his friend experienced it one other time, this time outside our family room window. Scared the crap out of both of them. These were 16 yr old boys...not little kids. Both of them big and brave. Again, they didn't even look, because it was just that kind of thing that you KNOW you shoulnd't. My son has gone out into the dark on several occasions with a knife when he heard something. We do not scare easy.

SO. What is it? I dunno. We live near a body of water and some woods, so I know that animals can make scary sounds....but this is like nothing I have ever heard or can explain, even with my wild imagination. I just got visions of something ungodly whirling around our house, wanting to get in and mad that it couldn't. We are believers in God, and I have never had a negative experience inside my home. At other, I have...but not here.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Yes where are you. While working with military through night vision i watched a panther come through the woods and cross the road in front of me and then into the woods on the other side. The opfor came out of the woods as she howled like a banshee. She sounded like a woman crying or a baby. At times it was blood curdling.

Literally, this sound if I did not know what it was would have freaked me out, who am I kidding it scared me to death lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Here's some info on the Banshee. Listen to the scream at the very end of the video. Did it sound anything like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join