It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is good for the goose, should be good for the gander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
BUT IT ISN'T. It seems hypocrisy is abundant everywhere I fricken turn!!!!!!!!!

It's ok for Homosexuals to talk about what they think, feel and believe but not for Christians.

It's ok for men to do (fill in the blank, this goes for almost everything that is gender bias) but not for women.

It's ok for women to say sexual things, but not men.

It's ok to be atheist but not to be of any of the organized religions.

It's ok.... ETC!

I'm so sick of seeing things like this. I feel like most Americans (or is it people in general?) act like a bunch of whiny toddlers. As long as they are getting their way, it's ok. I hate to say this, but I see this more in minorities than I do the majority. Seriously, if you think it's ok to say how you feel, what you believe and to live your lifestyle, why can't it be ok for others to say, feel, believe or live differently? How is it freedom if we are tethered by the politically correct police.

I get some things are offensive. Using derogatory language or being insulting is one thing, but if a christian points out to an atheist they are sinning, how is that wrong? Why would it matter to the atheist if they don't believe in a deity in the first place?

Or if Muslims don't agree with christians and how they live? Why does it matter?

Why can't women be allowed to do the same as a man, if they are physically capable of it? Why can't a man tell a lude joke infront of a woman with out fear of "sensitivity training"?

Why can a homosexual talk and live their lifestyle but if you disagree with how they live (not try to ban it, or even interfere but state an actual religious belief about it's morality), is it treated like the worst thing ever?

Why can't everyone agree to disagree and move on with their own lives??????

Why is it ok one way, but not another?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Welcome to our PC world.

S&F

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

It's getting to a point where it's sickening. I get not trying to step on toes, making peace and all that jazz, but seriously, when and where does it end?

They don't allow the ten commandments on government buildings anymore (like most of those aren't part of the laws we have to day, oh wait, they ARE!). They don't want mention of god on money, when this nation was founded by a bunch of Christians. They don't want prayer or even quiet time in public schools. But they tell everyone to be tolerant of other's lifestyle?

I get the separation of church and state. I get the not wanting to tie our government to one religion, but it's to the point where it's not even safe to mention god anymore.

However, it is completely ok for those groups who do NOT want those things to talk about their lifestyle, their religion (or lack of), their beliefs, their feelings. It's time for change, I tell ya.

There is tolerance and there are dictators. PC is becoming a dictator like event.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

I have two words for you. Social Engineering. That said...

Because of Skeptic Overlords request, I'm just going to say Happy Holidays to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. It sucks to feel like I'm constantly walking on eggshells.

Double standards and hypocrisy are two of my biggest pet peeves. Grrrrrr.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You're letting others dictate who you are if you allow them to get away with it.

Screw 'em. Be you and if they don't like it, then ask them how their own medicine tastes.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I gotta agree with you, OP. It seems like somebody famous is always having to make a public apology over something they said that was "unacceptable". For once....just ONCE...I want to see a public figure say, "Yes, I said it. So what? I apologize for NOTHING."

I think this ties into the idea that thoughts can be crimes. That's where we are now, in the realm of thought crimes. Thank goodness the government doesn't have the ability to read our minds....YET.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Where's the ole Christmas spirt!?!?

But on more positive note you do have choices

Adapt
adjust
accept
or be miserable (AKA whine snivel b*tch moan and cry...)

jk,,,, best to just enjoy life on IT'S terms. You know like the pantomine that it is!

Peace G-snert

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

My thoughts as well.

I don't apologize for anything I say or do.

If someone doesn't like what I say , do or believe they can just get over it or not associate themselves with me.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I am so with you on this. I don't know why this thread hasn't exploded by now. I'm an old guy, born back in the '50s, and I can tell you that we had a lot more freedom of speech when I was growing up. Now, does that make any sense if we are progressing as a society?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Me too actually. I'd love to see that figure say, "But that's how I feel, and I'm entitled to my opinions."

I mean what's wrong with having different opinions? We may have been created equal, but we were also created to be different. No two people are exactly alike, even twins. That means we are ment to have different opinions.

Thank you all, for making me feel better. Happy Holidays to those of you who do NOT celebrate Christmas, and Merry Christmas to those who do!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

kimish

I agree with you 100%. It sucks to feel like I'm constantly walking on eggshells.

Double standards and hypocrisy are two of my biggest pet peeves. Grrrrrr.

Glad to hear you say that kimish. I am the same way. Can't say or do anything nowadays without offending someone. Makes me keep silent but then I walk away and ignore those people and get on with my life. (Shakes head).

Seems to me they look for an argument.

Merry xmas all.

Bally.

join