There is no one to blame but YOU America…!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Obviously this may not apply to most reading this....But Americans are too patriotic. The US elections are more like a vote in a reality show and the President is treated more like a celebrity than a politician. When Obama won there were scenes on TV that were reminiscent of N.Korea. People uncontrollably crying etc.

I think patriotism is a dangerous mindset as it can create an ill-deserved trust in the government. It's then used to justify things like wars and law changes etc. And anyone against it labeled 'UN-patriotic'

That said we in the UK are not much better. Similar crying scenes for the various royal 'events' in the past few years.
No one cares about anything outside of their bubble. People are happy to just work, drink and watch TV.
edit on 13-1-2014 by troof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I'm in the camp that the America most people think is worth saving in fact isn't, or at least the spirit of independence and freedom, which a majority of Americans can't define or think it is related to rampant consumerism somehow because they need to justify the existence of "The Walmart". When we look at the damage done to the earth by the capitalist system that supports all life on this planet, this rampant consumerism lifestyle globally and the American lifestyle particularly leads to one finality with a couple of variations. The steps that are necessary to correct this imbalance would be highly disruptive and unpleasant to such an extent that they will NOT be implemented.

We need to face facts, the world as we know it IS coming to an end and we are heading into a prolonged new "dark ages." where it will be survival of fittest.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by troof

I agree with you

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join