It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeon suspended over 'branding' his initials on a liver!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

eletheia
reply to post by BO XIAN

My stance is laid out on page 4 in my reply to 'Argyll'

And I wonder how many of you on here with 'ethics' up to your armpits will uphold

those same 'ethics' when a child or loved one of yours needs 'life saving treatment

from someone like him??

I would like to think you would refuse it .... .

It is that stance that gives many surgeons a god complex because they save lives, it means they can get away with whatever they want.

First off, I live in a very dense doctor area, if I don't like one, I can get another. There is also more than one surgeon.

Going to school to have capabilities does not ever give someone the right to body modification on their patient.

That is a slippery slope you are going down. If you are willing to give them the rights to do that, what else are you going to allow them to get away with? Are people going to have to be their personal slaves for life because he performed surgery on them??

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Been around some 60 yrs now, seen a fair bit of the NHS (National Health Service) over the years.
Glad to say that the olde demagogue rule by surgeons has long since been superseded thankfully.
In the bad days they were known as "butchers" for a very good reason.
However, as can be seen, some still believe they exist above the system in a world of their own.

The greater problem throughout the NHS and not just restricted to the surgeon profession is a total lack of moral responsibility for actions or omissions. This allows people to do such things as have been alleged e.g. Initials on someone's internal organs. Pretty invasive surgery that.

This is representative of society as a whole and again, not simply this particular surgeon in a supposed caring profession. As with most despicable finds, it may be the tip of a iceberg with more than one scribe making his/mark, almost like the marks operative Masons would have left on stones,
Cathedral not gall stones, as if it were being treated like a hidden game? No, surely not?!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Sorry, but I'm really mystified that that post was not considered smack in the middle of the OP issues, topic, discussion. Could someone please enlighten me?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Go to your mail and reply to the mod who moderated you, be polite and you may be enlightened

They have done it for me twice and it's worth it...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by schuyler

England has some rough rough prisons as I understand it. Dr. Feelgood can go do a few years, IMO.

Agree with your post, except for the bit about english prisons being rough ... they probably used to be .. but if theyre same as scottish ones, then theyre gonna be like holiday camps these days, due to human rights ...

I worked in one, about 20 years ago, and was amazed how easy they seemed to have it ... brand new gadgets geting bought all the time, to keep their budget being renewed .. I remember a perfectly working arcade motorbike machine, sitting outside .. in the rain .. ruined ... such a shame .. cos it was a couple of year old and obsolete ...

now however .. its all changed since i worked there .. its faaaar better now ... i knew someone who served time probablky about 8 years ago .. and due to the conditions he was in , eg. sharing showers, which would inevitably involve showering in other peoples dirt .. and the likes .. he, and all the other prisoners were awarded about a thousand pounds or so compensation .. and have since. made all the prisons faaar more humane .. where the prisoners every needs are now looked after .. and they are not mistreated .. blind eye being turned to having mobile phjones .. they are allowed gaming consoles .. anything .. all the drugs they want .. yip ..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Wow, I hadn't realized things in English prisons had changed so much? All I ever see over there are the news stories which are inevitably bad, of course. Trials for riots from Strangeways to Moorland and of course...what movies depict of the Isle of Wight.

The UK has reformed much of that to be softer places eh? Thanks for the info on that. Really. Media just focuses on the bad and to hear it? One might think everything but your metro jail is akin to Attica on a tense day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join