It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Year Later, Bundesbank Has Repatriated Only 5% Of Their Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Where's all the Gold?!

Last year Germany's Bundesbank made a commotion by saying they were repatriating 700 tons of gold held by its "partners" the New York Fed and the Banque de France, by the end of 2020. It's now a year later and apparently this is not going so well, or according to schedule at least.

A Year Later, The Bundesbank Has Repatriated Only 37 Tons Of Gold (Of 700 Total)

The repatriated amount over the course of all of 2013 represents just over 5% of the total stated target of 700 tons, and is well below the 87.5 tons that the Bundesbank would need to repatriate each year if it were to collected the 700 tons ratably ever year in the 8 year interval between 2013 and 2020.

So what's the deal here? With the monkey-hammering of gold prices in 2013 you'd think there would be little problem for Germany getting their gold back. Unless perhaps there really is a physical gold shortage.

However, buyers out of China (and of course India) are hoarding as much physical gold as they can get. Could it be that the Bundesbank is unable to repatriate more just because China is already buying up every marginal tons of physical gold in the market, and is making physical gold purchases by the Fed next to impossible?

Sounds logical to me, especially if (probably) all the gold held by the Fed is already leased out and unavailable for Germany to repatriate. Of course since we can't really audit the Fed or their (supposed) gold reserves we may never know.

As for China, they appear to be having little difficulty accumulating real physical gold (not that fake paper gold.)

For anyone interested in how China is apparently managing this gold accumulation there is an interesting new story about it on Zero Hedge. JP Morgan eh, being sold down the river comes to mind.

JP Morgan is procuring gold on behalf of China. That’s according to a TFMetalsReport article on this topic on Wednesday.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Interesting because China lost most of its gold and silver during the opium wars, trading it for a strung out population which isn't really a fair trade…

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How can the feds give back gold that it does not have. They probably traded it to someone to pay off a debt, probably a big time defense contractor. As far as China having gold, maybe they do. I read that there was some coated bars sold to China, it originated in the USA from what I read. I wonder what happened to the real gold, the coated stuff is probably all we have. Who has the real gold anyway?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

What if BuBa actually knows and just goes with the silly play as long as the FED can keep it up?

Little is better than null, so why not let the FED bleed as fast (or rather slow) as they can while they're trying to keep up the appearance/U.S. credibility (and subsequently the USD)?

Just a wild theory, but still more believeable than BuBa's official statement on their "unwavering faith" in the FED imo.

*off to get more Weihnachtspunsch!!*
edit on 24-12-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Guess they want it back now and they're well on the road to getting it. Supposedly China only has a couple thousand tons but looking at last years acquisition and the reports of their last decade imports I believe they are closer to 10,000+ tons.

Which is more than the official US tally (if we really have any at all.)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Germany got some of the tungsten coated bars (from us) as well. Which may be 1) why everyone is testing them now 2) why we aren't giving much back to Germany and 3) why China melts all their bullion down into smaller bars. Just a wild guess though.

edit on 010pm3131pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

rickymouse
How can the feds give back gold that it does not have. They probably traded it to someone to pay off a debt, probably a big time defense contractor. As far as China having gold, maybe they do. I read that there was some coated bars sold to China, it originated in the USA from what I read. I wonder what happened to the real gold, the coated stuff is probably all we have. Who has the real gold anyway?

Even jewelry store adds show little or no gold jewelry now, big changes.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Tons of gold has been transported to annunaki spaceships which are parked out of sight somewhere in our solarsystem.

The Annunnaki have returned and the responsible bloodlines now have to uphold their part of the agreement made thousends of years ago. Rule and let your servants collect the gold we need on our return. Thats the secret agreement these families made in return for the royal priveliges they "enjoyed" over the centuries.

That is just one theory why large quantities of gold have been disappearing and stolen..(large amounts of faked goldbars and disappearing of the gold in the basement of the wtc just before or after 911).

Wow...what a conspiracy, if I say so myself..

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Tons of gold has been transported to annunaki spaceships which are parked out of sight somewhere in our solarsystem.

I've heard that story too. Somehow I doubt the Annunaki will have any more luck prying the gold out of China (and India's) hands than Germany had getting theirs back from the Fed.

Still, it makes for great story.

top topics

join