It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Thanks again! You just happen to show up in the nick of time. What are you, my ATS guardian (something)?
Ha!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by frayedknot

welp, i am sincerely hurt.

i suppose i can guess why you got that impression, but i'm not going to defend myself

i don't know what else to say.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Of course, I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just trying to see who you are. What I saw was what you told people about yourself.
You are obviously a talented artist. What you showed me was beautiful and very insightful. All of the devil stuff made me want to walk away. I just want to help, inform and empower people, not harm in anyway. I apologize for hurting your feelings, and if you could forgive me, that would be great. It is all learning, here in the playground. I don't know you well enough to send the little teasing joke I was about to send. That is the thing with time and people. Sorry

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

i don't take sin lightly, if that's what you're talking about. sin is a big deal to me, but i certainly don't worship it. my goal is to release myself from it, not find pleasure in it. sorry if you got the wrong idea, i wouldn't blame you for misjudging me.

I don't like having to prove myself, especially to those who judge me. I don't expect you to make use of what generosity I have shown you, but I'd be damned if you were to assume you're innocent in the matter.

Even if I were as you say, it is no good reason to deny someone's generosity.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yup, Jarring is a delightful surprise for our thread here. The media used to make those pictures (the black and white stuff)....i haven't seen anyone do what that user does with that media. Very, very cool way to exercise obvious talent.

now, lets put that whole thing to rest, and get back to the art. No need to worry about any of it any further here in this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Sister, (and I am saying that in a you are a woman of my heart way, instead of a slang way), geeze it is so hard to REALLY communicate with people this way!
I made a mistake. I apologize. I saw that what you were doing was really cool and wanted to find out more about you. Then I judged and immediatedly broke a rule that I made to myself in coming here..Not to judge. You are obviously beautiful and talented and I just showed my own ugliness.
Funny how life throws out those fun house mirrors.
Now, why did I come here again?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

lol -_-; you're all good, i just don't want to see that happening in you or anyone and for anyone else. if i felt this bad about it, it had to have been fortunate it was me.

btw, I'm male, the female in this picture is a friend i did the drawing for.
sorry for the confusion, it's my best mspaint art so I like to show it off.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

here i am

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

OMG! Give me a hug! Seriously, sorry! Maybe that's how we get to know each other. A little misunderstanding, a little understanding, talk, work it out and ahhh, here we are.

Are we really ok now? I love what you came up with, totally , honestly and sincerely. After all of that, do you know who I am? And if you go anywhere near Jesus freak, I will come back and slap you! Ha ha ha...
We can joke now, can't we?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

we're fine, i forgive easily.
trust me, i am the giver of many chances, it's no big deal. most people are cowards, and wouldn't even be able to accept they were wrong. you're better than most people.

i don't know ya, but i could always learn.

lol and for the record, i am Christian, but I won't go Jesus freak on ya.
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wow, I go away for a bit and all the excitement happens...

So here's what we have so far:

And one of these two:

Plus this:

For an underline quote, I would like to use this, "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard.

So here's what I was thinking:

If you take second image that is scaled back with the white borders, you can easily wrap the quote around the edges, keeping the perspective but adding the text at the same time. Or take the first image and basically wrap the quote around, making a sort of border in both cases.

I'll leave this to you Jarring, as it was originally your image unless you would be ok with me having a go at it. I was thinking something classical or even kind of Celtic looking, old school gold wrap paper with possibly bluish lettering.

That's the way I see the image anyways.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks for everything.
I tried it but it didn't work. Instead of showing them next to each other, the second one went under it and was half cut off.
I wanted them to be next to each other.
I changed them to 250x60
I give up.

reply to post by Ektar

Thanks buddy.

edit on 8/2/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

i wouldn't mind handing it off to you if you don't mind finishing it up. i just found the pic and scaled it down to size real quick. it wasn't really anything at all

i was leaving it as it is in case she wanted more character on it later.

there is kind of a uniqueness to finding a pic tho.. i didn't just look up tree of life
looked up jim warren tree of life

we all got our favorite artists and names we've come to learn growing up

i used to collect his collectible trading cards when i was little.. along with hildebrandt boris valejo luis royo etc etc
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Leave it with me for a minute, I'll check mine and see if it works. It's most likely something dumb I've missed.

reply to post by Jarring

I'll have a mess with the image shortly and post something up.

edit on 8/2/2014 by 74Templar because: added text.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

cool

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Thanks Templar.
I need to step out to the store anyways.
Good luck

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Seems to be working for me ok. I'll post up the entire code line here and remove a few spaces.

You need to copy the entire thing into the signature box under "account" and hit submit at the end.

[ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread977124/pg1][ imgl]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/qr52f5328f.png[/img][/url][ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread989572/pg1][ imgl]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/xg52f532a8.png[/img][/url]

makes this;

If you're not sure you've got it all, it will just show as a link with all the bb code until they are all removed.

Hope this helps, this kind of thing is pretty complicated stuff to get right, I took about a zillion go's before I just got sick of it and saved it all into Word.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

If you want a spiral staircase there is only one to have,IMHO as carpenter this has fascinated me for years

Two mysteries surround the spiral staircase in the Loretto Chapel: the identity of its builder and the physics of its construction.

When the Loretto Chapel was completed in 1878, there was no way to access the choir loft twenty-two feet above. Carpenters were called in to address the problem, but they all concluded access to the loft would have to be via ladder as a staircase would interfere with the interior space of the small Chapel.

Legend says that to find a solution to the seating problem, the Sisters of the Chapel made a novena to St. Joseph, the patron saint of carpenters. On the ninth and final day of prayer, a man appeared at the Chapel with a donkey and a toolbox looking for work. Months later, the elegant circular staircase was completed, and the carpenter disappeared without pay or thanks. After searching for the man (an ad even ran in the local newspaper) and finding no trace of him, some concluded that he was St. Joseph himself, having come in answer to the sisters' prayers.

The stairway's carpenter, whoever he was, built a magnificent structure. The design was innovative for the time and some of the design considerations still perplex experts today.

The staircase has two 360 degree turns and no visible means of support. Also, it is said that the staircase was built without nails—only wooden pegs. Questions also surround the number of stair risers relative to the height of the choir loft and about the types of wood and other materials used in the stairway's construction.

Linky

Just thought I'd throw it in here as it absolutely blows my mind.

Why does all the fun stuff happen when I'm asleep ?

Cody

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

So, after a few hit and misses, I'm happy with this one.

Now to see if you are too...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

oh wow! very nice! i see you've looked up jim warren and added some more of his art to it. turned out very nicely. color me impressed.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join