It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by frayedknot

Sorry but trying to follow you...staircase in picture #2 ends? if you like it the stairs
can continue into the heavens...also no pressure whatever the teammates come
up with you get to keep all the clothes. We are here to please.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

idk if he has anything specific to what exactly you're looking for, but you might be interesting in some of jim warren's art

just a quick random piece i found that's close to the background requirements

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh, I am so sorry. I was trying to copy and past some google images from spirals in nature and tree of life and I couldn't get them to paste. Please believe, I was not trying to be a critic. That is a wonderful representation of what message I want to give here.

Fumbling computer skills run rampant in the over-40 crowd. My kids could probably help me out a lot (at 4 and 5 yrs).

I didn't mean to come off as ungrateful.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

That shocked and moved me. I love it! Do I need to pay the artist?
You people are amazing!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Are you replying to me? Nothing ungrateful...I only want to make sure we are
not only on the same page but down to the details YOU want. It's all about you
not us. We want to make you happy & like I said you may get many versions you
like, & you get to keep them all. That way you can change your avatar at your own
convenience or come back for more. We are here for you, no pressure & no
worries, it's ALL fun!

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 722014 by Ektar because: convenient

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

nah, you shouldn't have to pay him. he's famous, his art all over google, look him up. Jim Warren

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

No, I am trying to be a little more specific, but I couldn't get the images to paste. I am sure you have access to so many incredible images. Ok, bear with me for a second...The tree of life is very significant. The spiral staircase has been a re-occurring dream for years, with landings that sometimes last for years...much like Escher. Then start up again as if awakening from hybernation. Then the climbing starts again. It is all philosophical and metaphoric of course, but can that be in a picture that represents a person? My goal is introspection, with beauty and hope.
Is that like going to a hairdresser and saying, " Make me look pretty?"
xx Carla

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
would be hard to find a spiral staircase specific to your desires i think..
here's alex grey's tree of life.. i'm sure the tree would be easier, this is one of the best representations of it imo
it would be hard to get correct size for background though

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Ok I'm trying to follow you& I thought that is what the 1st picture was...
as the steps disappear behind the tree only to re-appear starting over
& climbing higher to a higher dimension.

On 2nd Avatar I know there was no tree which can easily be added...I was
thinking about you wanting it to be non gender based...see the person or people.
Just ideas is all, everything is ALL good!

No problem, like I said we are here to please & many team mates are
waiting to jump in & help.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My little boy is begging me snuggle with him, now, now now. so I have to walk away. I will come back in a little while. I think the arm trees is the one. Thank you for all of your help.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

cool, glad i could help!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My next question, is how to I make that happen? I am good at cut and paste, normally. I am a computer baby, could you walk me through doing this. I am completely embarrassed by my neediness.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

first, the background needs to be 200 by 450 pixels..
that will be the hardest part since it looks like it's much longer than 450 pixels, and you'd want it to hold the whole length of it... and it's already close to 200 pixels.. you might have to end up either shortening it and perpetually warping the pic.. or you can try adding some blank space to either size before you resize it to 450 pixels.. then you can go back in and cut off from the blank space until you get exactly 200 pixels .. i suppose i could do it for you

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Good Luck! I am out of here until tomorrow evening.
I hope everything goes well.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

You realize you are speaking a different language to me, right? If you would like to do it, I will be grateful and recommend you. If you don't want to, I will be grateful and recommend you. Have a great night! KIsses for your help and beautiful mind!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
here are your two options, i'm sure there are other ways you can fool around with it, but this is what i got.
after you save these pics and upload them for yourself, click on the clear box at the top that says make it your background image

you'll also need a html code to put in your avatar space under your account information

this is the code, but you'll need to remove the space between http:// and the rest of the code
http:// files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ev522a6803.gif

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

On the second one could you try two Roman Pillars or similar to fill up the white spaces?

P

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Here's step by step instructions, with pictures, from page one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rather than using the link provided by Jarring, I would suggest downloading it to your computer, then uploading to ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

good idea, i was also thinking it might look good on the right side, like, just move the whole tree to the right side of it to leave more room on the left, and have other pics on the left.. maybe various selfies and pics of the family would be cute?
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join