It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 294
<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

There are colors in shadows and it is very unusual that shadows are desaturated, in traditional art the shadows are even more saturated like in Michelangelo`s paintings Link and Mona Lisa is a good example for that.
In PS you should do what you explained but the trick is to turn layer in multiple or sometimes even to color burn to get the look. Grey toned shadows are unnatural. IMO

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Awesome, thank you!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

okay thank you... I will try that.. everything i did was always charcoal and sketch.. so i have been doing Photoshop as if it was the same...

perhaps you just pointed out why i am not creating pieces I'm super proud of yet! THANK YOU!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Awesome, thank you!

No worries WUB!
Glad to help.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Lol.. its always better to be unsatisfied than satisfied, its the path to improvement
Great artists even painted over their great works, sometimes because they were lacking canvas sometimes because they were so unpleased what they have created. As long as you are unhappy, you will be ok .. ;P

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hey Dollukka,

You seem to know a lot about art and working with PS so maybe you can help me out...

I have been trying (while inking a sketch out) to get these flowing lines with my brush but so far I always end up with squirkly (is that a word?) lines, they are not straight or flowing like they should. I have been using the pen tool (which makes using a graphic board pretty useless) as an alterative but it would be great if I could get that with my brush.

Is it a particular brush/size I should be using or some setting in my graphic board?

Maybe you know?

Peace

edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 23 Nov 2014 22:14:54 -0600pm3014201411 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

In PS using pen tool, use a brush which is not blurred or make one of your own ( should look like a egg shape in 30%-40% rotation to right ) in working path, stroke a path ( or free hand ) and play with brush settings and pen pressure option in there. Yes it is time consuming but there is a even better answer but needs a few bucks but saves time and is worth investing.
You can try a plugin Lazy Nezumi free and see if it works for you
LazyNezumi it is still in work in progress plugin and it gets better all the time ( free updates), if you are common with ZBrush lazy mouse LazyNezumi works like that but in PS.

Gotta run..

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hey guys.

Can somebody resize this for me?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not quite to our new standards for avatars.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Here you go Tenth

The resize

And the crop

Cody

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I really hope PS is my thing.
Tust me on this one OM........................It very much is

It's kind of like putting on make-up.....and being a manly-man (ahum) I have really no experience or feeling for this.
Trust me on this one as well being a manly man.......................................MUAH

Cody

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hoooo Raaaah For all the manly men!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Coming Attractions!!!!!!

IN the very near future, we'll be starting the Christmas/Winter Holiday Avatar contest....as well as a short 2015 Banner contest......STAY TUNED!!!!!

The avatar contest will likely start at the end of this week.....the banner contest mid-December.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Awesome news!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I took a wee trip up Glencoe (Scotland) at the weekend and managed to snap a few quick photos...

All available if anyone likes them.

cheers,
G

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe I would like to have a Avatar made for me. I will post Background and Foreground images.
i1330.photobucket.com...

i1330.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Cody

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

you are going to be spoiled !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Show off

Cody

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599
Oh Dear ! lol you crack me up ! Unleash the Gorilla

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Cody

ETA: Bananas

edit on 24/11/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join