It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

Ooo...yes, yes! Exactly. Thanks, Templar.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

thank you very much, Snark, and also for the instructions.

usually i don't really like pictures that are squashed to fit into the right size, like here the moon lost its beautiful fullness, but the pic is still very good and i like it. i hope you don't mind me saying that.
i think the image is deep, mysterious, sensitive and dreamy, so not at all snarky. you must have some other moments too.

eta: sorry, i never thought of it that the original could have been like that

edit on 19-11-2014 by Sanssouci because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

I usually have the same problem. You start with a nice big canvas to create something beautiful but when it's time to reduce it to 200x450 size it ends up out of proportion or doesn't fill the top/bottom.

It's quite challenging to work with the extreme height compared to the width of an avatar. I usually need more space left and right.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I generally start with something around 600 x 1350 make sure everything looks right, then just resize down to 200 X 450 everything stays relative and the small details even though difficult to see are there and still make a difference.

Hi guys I'm home

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599
Yeah I started doing that as well.. my canvas is always a multiple of 200x450 (Which also resulted in rediculous dimensions such as 3000x6750 with a resolution of 300 but it's great for working out details)

Don't forget when resizing down to pick bicubic sharper (best for reduction)!

Peace

PS: Welcome home, if your work day was anything like mine you are HAPPY to be home!!

edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 19 Nov 2014 11:51:33 -0600am3051201411 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie

originally posted by: cody599

Cody

Hi again! Would it be hard to replace the wolf with or do something similar with these?

Girl 1 Full Size

and or this

Girl 2 Full Size

Or

Girl 2.2 Full Size

Thanks in advance You guys got me hooked on a wardrobe, and you are ALL so talented lol

Lil

Hi Lil how's this ? I didn't want customise the dogs I wanted their personality to shine through, I've changed it up a bit so doggy 1 should sit above your stats, if not it's an easy fix.

Cody

edit on 19/11/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

VERY happy to be home

And thanks for the advice OM this is my down time, doing the avatars relaxes me at end of a very busy day, and at the moment we are manic.

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

I generally start with something around 600 x 1350 make sure everything looks right, then just resize down to 200 X 450 everything stays relative and the small details even though difficult to see are there and still make a difference.

Hi guys I'm home

Cody

Hey Cody,
That's what I do too!
I find a picture that is big enough, and know that it won't hurt it when I make it smaller. The rule is you can always make a picture smaller, but never or hardly ever bigger without ruining the pixels and the final look of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh man...somebody give me something to do!!

If I get bored I end up doing stuff like this...

(Don't mean to insult your doggies there Lilroanie, I just couldn't resist)

Peace

edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 19 Nov 2014 13:42:17 -0600pm3042201411 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's pretty much feast or famine around here, we'll have the Christmas comp before too long OM always a goodie.

When I get bored I go and troll the intro's thread making sure the newbies know we are here and a free service, stress the free, I've had more than one offer to pay me for avatars.

They are always amazed this is done for free LOL, I stay around because I enjoy the members on this thread, when BFFT is around we've been known to swap recipe ideas as well. It's a one stop shop

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

We might have a sig strip to do before too long

I've asked a member in The bolt hole if they want a sig strip done, she already has a clickable link but no artwork with it.

We'll see

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I've noticed that it is either really quiet in here or you loose a lot of sleep just trying to keep up with the posts. (ever since discovering this thread I've traded in a lot of sleep....I have no regrets!!)

I'll go and bug the new folks with some spam. Maybe work on a better banner/sig first...

Peace
edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 19 Nov 2014 13:57:52 -0600pm3057201411 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yeah dedication's a real beatch

I've been known to hide in the toilet at work in in order to get details for an avatar or answer a thread.

It's dedication not addiction this old sig strip of mine lies

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

You sure are making some great things!.

I have been focussing more on creating things from scratch in photoshop but when working with existing pictures I have found the hardest part in combining two (or more) images is letting them flow over into each other. The hard edges immediately give away the borders of an image which you are trying to incorporate into an other picture. Also trying to get the tone/color of both pictures right is a difficult task..

You seem to have mastered this skill pretty damn good.

Peace

Waaaaay back a while ago, dolluka gave a good tutorial on how to 'blend' images in PS
[she's always giving tips out]

I'll see if I can find it.....but your images made from scratch are excellent!!

Speaking of which, where is dolluka?
Hope she's doing okay

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've been known to hide in the toilet at work in in order to get details for an avatar or answer a thread.

That explains a lot!

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

LOL Omg that is SO funny! No way an insult I love doofy stuff. Thanks!

And Cody! Yours is too awesome I love it..

Now which one to wear first! I got 3 now not holiday related so I'm Gettin there lol.

Lil

PS I'll need Christmas ones later...please? lol.. god I so need to go on a photo spree of the dogs, I have 2 more also but they are terrible about getting them taken and all I get is butt, like this of the Husky on Halloween hehe (although all the lovin may have had more to do with it /grin)

The black dog is my mom's dressed up like a Teddy Bear hehe.

So is the Husky actually but she's only a year old so I manage to sneak up on her occasionally unlike the older dogs. The little one is a camera ho, she's also the boss of all of them lol. I just need to get all the ones of her I have on this comp off my old one.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Decided to go with the funny first cause I've been stressed and it makes me giggle hehe.

Thanks again to you both you are awesome!

Lil

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is so pretty though too lol. Thanks for making them look all innocent and stuff they are SO not
lol

Acck what'd I do wrong to make it not fit? I hit the square button to put it on right?

Lil

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks RR, OM & Cody on the resizing tips!
I always write down any help you guys provide
for any of my needs, which there many, LOL!

Loving everyone's great art work! I better get busy
for the holiday competition, I am looking forward to it!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Don't forget when resizing down to pick bicubic sharper (best for reduction)!

thanks heaps, i never noticed that option before

it already works out to have joined your circle -

so i also contribute with an early Chrismas Tree to spread the atmosphere

oh, that reminds me, i would like to place an order

somebody mentioned a Christmas avatar competition. i would like to participate in that and would like to have a suitable banner for that occasion please

new topics

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join