It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Nine Princes in Amber is one of the very first Sci-Fi Fantasy series that I ever read. It has some powerful imagery that has stayed with me over the years! I recently ordered an omnibus of the whole series.

It's well worth the order. I have all the individual books as well as the omnibus. Much easier to just keep the omnibus handy for re-reading as opposed to hunting down the individual books.

I'm actually thrilled to have a new avatar, especially of Corwin. He's such a bad-a$$.

Well, it's time for me to walk in shadow again, see you in Amber!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

the last line of your post....

....i've read several, several of those books. 20+ years ago, maybe? We made an RPG based on those books, actually. The way magic was approached was rather novel.

Around the same time i was reading through Piers Anthony voraciously, and seem to recall that the RPG also included some elements from the Xanth novels, as it had some fairly compatible nuances. Lord, that was a lifetime ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't now if you've read the second set in the series after the last (5th) book "The hand of Oberon" but I highly recommend it. It's focused on Corwin's son Merlin, his life on Earth, his interactions with Amber and finally the Courts of Chaos. Well worth the read and quite different from the first 5 books.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well the wing mirror *ahem* "Fell off" Mrs C's car this morning.
I've just sliced my finger open.
Going to be one of those days......I feel a disaster themed

Cody

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Well the wing mirror *ahem* "Fell off" Mrs C's car this morning.
I've just sliced my finger open.
Going to be one of those days......I feel a disaster themed

Cody

Cody, mate .... easy.

Have the missus come home with the wing mirror. Duct tape it back on. Why Mrs C has wings on her car I will never know. I always thought that yours deserved the wings.

While you are doing that, have Mrs C do a sewing job on your finger. It is just a little needle point work. Easy as mate.

There, I have helped you today.
Have a Beer

I was going to give Mrs. C a glass of wine but ATS is not that civilized.

P

edit on 17/9/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thanks P

You should be a fixer my friend.
The saga continues, suffice to say the sentence
"Oh...Cody didn't you het the ammended drawings ?"
Is NOT amongst my top 10 favourite things to hear.
There are ammendments and AMMENDMENTS, guess which type I got

Ho hum, gotta laugh. The important thing is that
it was someone elses mistake.

Cody

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

A project i worked on went 4 years over because of amendments. Sometimes scribbled onto the back of a scratch pad and started before plans were received back (you don't need architects to tell you how to do millwork when you are the customer)

I asked all the guys on site if it bothered them. Most of them didn't like tearing down what they made to have to rebuild it, but job security kept them satisfied.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Starting the autumn avatars a bit!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

A project i worked on went 4 years over because of amendments. Sometimes scribbled onto the back of a scratch pad and started before plans were received back (you don't need architects to tell you how to do millwork when you are the customer)

I asked all the guys on site if it bothered them. Most of them didn't like tearing down what they made to have to rebuild it, but job security kept them satisfied.

Thing is BFFT these amendments are on sodding great big pieces of A2 sized paper, you can hardly miss them. The order is that any and all amendments as soon as they are approved immediately get put in the job folder,and old drawings removed and sent for recycling, not in 5 minutes, not a bit later, definitely not tomorrow.

This job is very time sensitive, it's going into terminal 5 at Heathrow airport, and there has been a time slot allocated. It's hard enough to reach this deadline as it is, without stuff like this happening....................Rant over.

Long story short I'm as far with the job as would have expected to be, just not ahead as I like to be. I'l make up for it tomorrow and be ahead again

I'm having beer the way you serve it, you want one bro ?

As promised one disaster avatar. OK so my day wasn't THIS bad

Cody

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hi guys I had u2u from ArmyOfNobunaga

He/she thought you have to pay for this service, and was willing to pay, way to go artists. you see you are good. So I've given my paypal account details and should be $76000 dollars richer soon LOL. Nah

I've explained it's free

This is the avatar said member has

Our remit is and this is a copy and paste from my u2u..................... Do you think you can do something with what I have? Make it jazzy?

My first thought was stick a sax in the mouth, hey it's jazz.................but I don't think that is what was meant

So we have our challenge, up and at it people

Cody

ETA:Oda Nobunaga Wiki page Quite a guy.
edit on 17/9/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't know about "jazzy", but this would make some folks do a double-take...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Very clever Zarni, took me a couple to notice it but when I did, I did a double take

I'm still trying to come up with something, it's a toughie this one. I was thinking Samurai written in Japanese and a Katana. I'll have to do some more research.

I'm here so far, should leave the stats free

Cody

ETA: Avatar
edit on 17/9/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is a quick take using Zarni's background - your sword/text might look good here too?? Feel free to play with it or not...

- AB

Here is a version with the head more up front...

edit on 17-9-2014 by AboveBoard because: Another choice...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Our remit is and this is a copy and paste from my u2u..................... Do you think you can do something with what I have? Make it jazzy?

My first thought was stick a sax in the mouth, hey it's jazz.................but I don't think that is what was meant

Cody

Sooooo.. I put "jazzy" into image search and learn Bieber has a sibling named Jazzy. I am not even kidding.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

ill be darned if you're not right. She's about as cute as a bugs ear, too.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Here is a quick take using Zarni's background - your sword/text might look good here too?? Feel free to play with it or not...

- AB

Here is a version with the head more up front...

Loving those

Damn you're good, my bed time, I have something I need to do, just need to merge a few things maybe ? Sleep well

Cody

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let's hope the problems aren't genetic.

Sorry, I can't resist a beeb-bashing opportunity.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rbkruspe

Cody

Sooooo.. I put "jazzy" into image search and learn Bieber has a sibling named Jazzy. I am not even kidding.

I'll go there tomorrow................maybe

Cody

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I look forward to seeing what you do with it!!

Thank you...

- AB

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rbkruspe

Cody

I'll go there tomorrow................maybe

Cody

Oh I'm considering it already myself lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join