It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks to a Big Fat Fury Friend, much thanks, I get to be on the
Photoshop wagon too! I finally just got it uploaded tonight
& I am so looking forward to learning my way around.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thanks to a Big Fat Fury Friend, much thanks, I get to be on the
Photoshop wagon too! I finally just got it uploaded tonight
& I am so looking forward to learning my way around.

Damn, looks like I'll be the only one left with GIMP. LOL.
[now which new emoticon to use, hmmm....]

Hey BFFT, did you have your hand in the new smilie thingys??
Glad to have the 'thumbs up' back....

Although I had just got used to the other ones, now we have to start all over getting used to these...

Definitely miss the other 'cool' face....sorry

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Free to good home....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I wish i did. LIke i said, ill be finishing what i started. We are doing year end close at work, etc. My "free time" is spent in recreational art. I just can't focus enough to learn the software by the time I get to turn my attention to it.

As a "side project", my 15 year old wanted me to build him an office in a spare bedroom in the house. I built the desk on Saturday, installed it on Sunday. On Monday we finished the install and prepped for the final set up tonight. Tonight we set the computer, all the external HD's (we use his computer as the household media slave), the xbox and all the stuff he has for it (he makes video's for youtube of him and his friends playing and being dorks). And the coolest part: the uplighting on the desk. We got an LED color array that matches his AlienFX on his Alienware computer. It was his birthday present. Here is a picture:

I don't like the red color as much. The white is really cool. Here is purple:

Still have some finish work to do. Shelves for the rear channel surround sound, wraps for the wiring on top of the desk, attaching the power strips underneath the desk, finish work on the legs, etc. My son paid for quite a bit of the stuff (bought the sander we used, bought the led lights...stuff like that).

I was building while cooking and doing dishes for 3 days so I could get everything done. Tiring project crammed into too few days. But me and my son did it together, and spent a lot of quality time togther doing it. A great present for both of us.
edit on 1/7/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Wow you have been busy. That looks fabulous! I think it's
great that you guys built it together & had quality time
well spent. Good on You!
Look out people are going to be
asking for more than an Avatar & you may be getting special
request from the interior design crew.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I was building while cooking and doing dishes for 3 days so I could get everything done. Tiring project crammed into too few days. But me and my son did it together, and spent a lot of quality time togther doing it. A great present for both of us.

That is just awesome!!
And your son will always remember this room and the time you guys spent together working on it
--PRICELESS--

You sound like a great father
And him a wonderful son

My hat is off to you and your family...

We got an LED color array that matches his AlienFX on his Alienware computer. It was his birthday present

Damn, Alienware...you guys don't mess around, do you?! LOL.....

edit on 7-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Alienware was his Christmas present last year. I like it quite a bit, and will probably replace my current laptop with an Alienware laptop when it dies (or when my xbox in my bedroom dies, whichever comes first). PC gaming....i think i like it better than consoles. If i can just find time for it again.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
The Alienware was his Christmas present last year. I like it quite a bit, and will probably replace my current laptop with an Alienware laptop when it dies (or when my xbox in my bedroom dies, whichever comes first). PC gaming....i think i like it better than consoles. If i can just find time for it again.

Before we bought the PC I have now, I did a lot of research trying to figure out which one would suit my needs best.
I play some games, depending on the mood but mostly goofing off other wise
So, I kinda am familiar with the specs on Alienware and of course, the price tag *cough-cough* LOL

Yep, top of the line where gaming is concerned -- actually top of the line period

We ended up getting a Gateway FX series, which was rated at that time pretty good for games...nice price too
And boy has it been used and abused since then. LOL

Of course, we can't do without our Xbox 360 and PS3

I got my husband hooked on games 28 years ago, the first time he saw Nintendo and asked me what that was.
Well being as I played the Atari games and just about lived in the arcade rooms in high school, I thought it was cool
So we bought one and that was history
We've gone through about every platform that has been out

Our next investment will probably be an Xbox 1

edit on 7-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

BFFT

I make furniture for a living, top of the range stuff, £64,000 table for one client (no that isn't a typo)

I've done a few kids rooms as well, always great fun to do.

But never have I had as much satisfaction as you must have had working with your son.

Great looking room my friend

When do I move in

Cody

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Im no furniture maker, so there are some modifications that will end up being made as I learned from it. LIke adding a skirt. He wanted a floating type of desk, but with all that equipment, and my lack of desire to make braces from 2x4's, we put legs. I don't like the choice he went with, and likely will change them out with something more sleek and metal. Maybe we will find something with lights in it, LOL.

But the top is well done. made from 1x12" planks and sanded smooth and seamless. In retrospect, I would rather have done 2x12's....

I have some minor construction type experience from working on rental properties for the family while i was growing up. So i can measure and cut. Just not as well as a guy like you.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

If you need any advice, and if I can help in anyway feel free to u2u me BFFT

The creator knows I owe you

Cody

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It's funny how the creative aspect seems to flow on into other things here. I love to make furniture, have made everything from beds to bookcases, even my computer desk. Nothing as flash as what you do Cody (I've seen some of your work here), but five years working in a timber mill and a furniture factory got me interested in all things wood.

One of my projects for 2014 is to demolish the kitchen and replace the top with natural white gum (eucalyptus) tops, with a natural edge. My favourite medium is redgum, although my saws would seriously disagree...

I guess it must be a creative thing....

edit on 8/1/2014 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

If you want to practice the wife would be more than happy for a new kitchen

I can send you the dimensions if you like ?

Cody

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Lol, the 'wife' has her own kitchen. In her own house....

We still live separately, basically she has her property I have my property. We have no interest in actually living together, and even if we sold both places you wouldn't get something as good as we both have for under a million here anyway, and it wouldn't be big enough for all of us even if we spent two on it.

My house is mostly wood interior, but I always liked the idea of natural edged timber tops. At the moment I have white marble over huon pine cupboards, which looks great but I always wanted the wood look.

I make coffee tables and bookcases from natural edged timbers. They are coated well and sanded smooth so there are no rough edges to cut or scrape on, but they basically look like raw offcut slabs bolted together. The only problem is being redgum or white gum, it is VERY hard wood and very heavy furniture to boot. I once made a four-poster bed from jarrah and wrought iron, it took four people just to move it around. Even the side tables weighed about 40kgs each.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just made these two. Up for grabs to whomever wants them.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anybody in for this Avatar..

The first one wares it owns it..

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
WOOOOOOOOOOW! it's kind of worked now i hope
i think it just wasn't my day and it refused to work for me ahahah
but thanks guys yes it does depend on what you're uploading on

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Alright... im back.

Time for an upgrade.

I'm not an artist so I'm lost when it comes to designing something cool. I'll leave it to you ATS avatar lords to decide whats cool enough for me.

Any takers?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Throw out some facts to help build from Ugie.
I am sure you will get more choices than you can shake a stick at.

Or you can take Beebs, if you like.

Although Zarni may fight you for him!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Although Zarni may fight you for him!

You posted the wrong one... gotta have the correct tattoo!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join